• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Sephzilla

One thing I like about the Rusev booking is that he isn't acting like a 100% super monster. He definitely knows how to sell vulnerability believably without damaging his strengths.

Yeah, it's funny that the guy booked as the super monster is probably one of the best sellers on the roster.

XenoRaven

Rusev feuding for the US belt would be hilarious considering its currently being held by an Irish wrastler that is going to defend against a Swiss.

One thing I like about the Rusev booking is that he isn't acting like a 100% super monster. He definitely knows how to sell vulnerability believably without damaging his strengths.
The fact that he sells the way he does makes him way more believable as a monster to me. You get the feeling that he's in terrible pain but fights through it anyway, as opposed to a guy that just feels nothing.

Striker

Sort of like Lesnar and Umaga. Both of those guys have better offenses, though. Like Rusev, but that sort of lacks and I hate they gave him the Camel Clutch.

Personal Indy peeve at the moment: every promotion is cutting out entrances now from their DVD's and downloads. Leave them in, what's going to happen, really?

Wish there was a bundle for BOLA, that's a lot of cash to drop...

PWG - Highspots has been sued before, and there's no entranceway anyway.
CHIKARA - Uses own library of music to avoid lawsuits
ROH - Uses own library of music to avoid lawsuits
CZW - Gives no fucks
Shindies - All get sued and die

PWG - Highspots has been sued before, and there's no entranceway anyway.
CHIKARA - Uses own library of music to avoid lawsuits
ROH - Uses own library of music to avoid lawsuits
CZW - Gives no fucks
Shindies - All get sued and die

It's a shame. I miss the wild west old days...

Joeki11a

Banned
Past2 Raws have been total unadultared ass
What are they doing?, are they focusing on WM booking already?, pretty much assuming only The Rock can beat Brock.

also the mockery of 9.99 isnt helping either
pretty sure that isnt helping subscriptions, growing up bella? The f?

Where the hell is Sting?, whats stopping them
From having him be RAW GM?, somebody has to combat The Authority they are in way to much "control".

Dont get me started on Cena this clown now has Hogan Iconic colors on, vince has lost his freaking marbles with that.

Cagey

Banned
The past two Raws have seemed so irreedemably awful from the jump that I've watched first 20 minutes of each and deleted them off my DVR. Usually I give it a FFx3 viewing and stop at the segments that are appealing, but shit's hot garbage right now. No time for that when I need to collect all the monsters to unlock Nemesis.

Much appreciation to the WrassleGAF Family for the F&P live commentary. Getting quality entertainment from reading what I missed.

BFIB

Bischoff is just killing it on these early Nitros. "Luger in there against Hogan. The champ for the WWF is a guy that barely made it above our midcard."

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Him sassing RAW is basically the only positive trait as a commentator I can think of. He's wretched week in and week out.

Gonzalez

Banned
Lets be real 2k15 is just a tech demo showing
Off visuals, the real gameplay aspects will be present in 2k18
A few years later...

"Let's be real 2K18 is just a tech demo for the Predator Engine 2.0, the real gameplay aspects will be present for 2K22 for the Omni-Gen hardware."

kiguel182

Sandow is the most underused guy on the roster and that whole tag match was the best part of the show.

Nikki segments were great even if the payoff didn't happen. Brie didn't denie it so maybe it's all true. There's nothing to show she was lying. The segment with all of them in the ring was great also.

Main-event was a fart in the wind like it always has been these days since I couldn't care less about Cena.

Rollins was great all night and it's a shame he got handled by Cena in the end.

I like Rusev but I hate everything around him since it means more "yeah America" segments and I hate those.

Also, Bo Dallas was awesome as always.

I think that's all. Carry on.

Heel

WWE "giving Michael Sam a platform" is one of the most blatant carny ploys for ratings I've seen from them in a good while. If it really is just an open invitation, I hope it's ignored. Michael can do better.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW MONDAY NITRO 10/16/95

• DDP vs Johnny B. Badd WCW Television Championship
  • Eddie Guerrero vs Chris Benoit
  • Meng vs Jim DOOGUN
  • Arn Anderson/Brian Pillman vs Ric Flair/Sting

Inconsistent rules from Nick Patrick, Eddie and Benoit knocking the shit out of each other, Darkside Hogan saying, "Hulkamanioids" instead of Hulkamaniacs, Ric Flair doing a Mizian botch of the figure four. Next week has Benoit/Dean vs Eddie/Wright.

That powerbomb was BONKERS

So it looks like WWE is going to just keep reskinning old DVD releases for the Monday Night Wars show. The next episode looks to only focus on DX.

Such a bummer that they could have made something worthwhile but instead said fuck it and repackaged already made content.

Mengetsu

Why is Punk so butthurt about a wedding picture?
I would guess that he went through so much trouble to keep it private and it leaks like this. Some people just care about stuff like that. When your in the spotlight so much you feel like even the more special moments you want to keep to yourself you can't.

BFIB

So it looks like WWE is going to just keep reskinning old DVD releases for the Monday Night Wars show. The next episode looks to only focus on DX.

Such a bummer that they could have made something worthwhile but instead said fuck it and repackaged already made content.

I would have loved a roundtable discussion style with some background details from both sides.

kiguel182

People are buying the Network in droves and it's a massive success, why should they add incentives for the people to buy it?

They already have tons of consumers thanks to the amazing marketing campaign they are putting and the amazing value they are offering.

strobogo

Banned
You'll have to be more specific. Hayes taking passive aggressive shots at Bischoff happens on any of them that talks about stuff from the 90s.

Top Bottom