• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

strobogo

Banned
2real4me

I couldn't believe they went through with that on live TV. they were really trying too hard in those immediate post-Attitude era years, especially on Raw.

They got way raunchier and offensive in 2002-2003 than they did for just about everything in the Attitude Era. The only things I can think that maybe top it in the AE was I CHOPPY CHOPPY YOUR PEE PEE, Mae Young giving birth to a hand, and maybe the Austin crucifixion to some people. They were absolutely shameless in 2002-2003.

That period of Raw was the weirdest blend of 1987 JCP, the worst of ECW, and a ramped up Attitude Era with less interesting characters (even though a lot of the characters were the same).

Around 98ish or 99ish when Mark Madden comes in :/

That's not true. Mongo was off of color and involved in storylines by the early Summer of 1996. I think he was actually off color for a bit before he wrestled his first match. Madden didn't get on TV until 2000.

RP912

Banned
They got way raunchier and offensive in 2002-2003 than they did for just about everything in the Attitude Era. The only things I can think that maybe top it in the AE was I CHOPPY CHOPPY YOUR PEE PEE, Mae Young giving birth to a hand, and maybe the Austin crucifixion to some people. They were absolutely shameless in 2002-2003.

That period of Raw was the weirdest blend of 1987 JCP, the worst of ECW, and a ramped up Attitude Era with less interesting characters (even though a lot of the characters were the same).

That's not true. Mongo was off of color and involved in storylines by the early Summer of 1996. I think he was actually off color for a bit before he wrestled his first match. Madden didn't get on TV until 2000.

Oh yeah I forgot about mongo doing more horsemen stuff and Larry filling in around that time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In more exciting news, this girl is trying to hit on one of my Sims and the Sim is 'bored of the conversation.' and has a Bret Hart bored expression

and she keeps trying to hit on my girl, and it's like naw you need to back off you betch

Vylash

Skip Raw, yeah?

iol29GFLZBtwl.gif

you're caught up

Aiii

So not worth it
Say what you will, but I do enjoy that The Authority is an actual stable of people now, instead of just Triple H and Stephanie doing their thing.

Can I just say that I absolutely love that we have the phrase "friend whoever" as a part of our community. Turned a negative into a positive. What a great community.

Aiii

So not worth it
Stephanie is going to give AJ the burial Triple H never got the chance to give Punk at Mania.

I'm sure that payday is gonna be as good as a diva is ever gonna get, so not sure if any of the women would mind getting berried by Steph at Mania.

Aiii

So not worth it
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10268438_10152362593496443_2915620162705859103_n.jpg?oh=caa786c81d3a562eae4d10d487d4599e&oe=545D21DB&__gda__=1415270846_c56878f1324e18daae20f3948f21564b

...Just imagine the damage those heels could do.

Sephzilla

Friends, I feel as though Rusev must be booked by someone other than Vince and Dunn only because Rusev's booking pretty much since he got called up has been completely solid. Usually new talent gets put through the "losing streak" storyline at this point.

That will probably happen once Rusev becomes Cena food :(

Aiii

So not worth it
Friends, I feel as though Rusev must be booked by someone other than Vince and Dunn only because Rusev's booking pretty much since he got called up has been completely solid. Usually new talent gets put through the "losing streak" storyline at this point.

That will probably happen once Rusev becomes Cena food :(

Vince is high on Rusev right now, which is why his booking doesn't suck. He's the new token big guy.

Just wait until Vince gets bored by him by next month and he'll be jobbing to Reigns in no time.

Sephzilla

Is Rusev still undefeated? Just curious, because I'd like to know why he isn't in the contention for any championship so far. Logically it would make sense for him to go after the US Title
but that won't happen since Vince keeps forgetting that title exists

Is Rusev still undefeated? Just curious, because I'd like to know why he isn't in the contention for any championship so far. Logically it would make sense for him to go after the US Title

Think he's been DQ'd andor counted out. Never been pinned or submitted

Entropia

No One Remembers
When Rusev first appeared at the Royal Rumble I wasn't sold him. Thought he was boring.

I'm glad WWE has actually stuck with this story and actually managed to build stories and feuds around him. Nice change of pace from just having feuds and the focus being on Cena.

That being said, when Vince gets bored of him he'll be dancing/losing/etc.

Jamie OD

As far as I can remember the only pinfall defeat he has suffered on a WWE broadcast was his NXT debut match against Dolph Ziggler, which is more or less canon the same way a Star Wars Extended Universe novel is (i.e. not at all). There may have been a DQ defeat somewhere but WWE likes to ignore them too. Don't know what's keeping them from doing anything with the US Title but yeah, Rusev winning it is the most obvious slam dunk of an angle they could do right now.

Personal Indy peeve at the moment: every promotion is cutting out entrances now from their DVD's and downloads. Leave them in, what's going to happen, really?

Wish there was a bundle for BOLA, that's a lot of cash to drop...

Sephzilla

When Rusev first appeared at the Royal Rumble I wasn't sold him. Thought he was boring.

I'm glad WWE has actually stuck with this story and actually managed to build stories and feuds around him. Nice change of pace from just having feuds and the focus being on Cena.

That being said, when Vince gets bored of him he'll be dancing/losing/etc.

Yeah, I wasn't big on Rusev at first but he's legitimately grown on me. Personally I'd love to see a Rusev/Lesnar feud just to see two monsters go after each other. But we'll never get a heel vs heel main event feud in WWE so long as Vince is around. Shit, I'm still surprised we got The Wyatts vs The Shield.

Rusev feuding for the US belt would be hilarious considering its currently being held by an Irish wrastler that is going to defend against a Swiss.

Considering the feuds, Ziggler and Shaemus should just switch belts.

Thorakai

Rusev feuding for the US belt would be hilarious considering its currently being held by an Irish wrastler that is going to defend against a Swiss.

One thing I like about the Rusev booking is that he isn't acting like a 100% super monster. He definitely knows how to sell vulnerability believably without damaging his strengths.

Top Bottom