• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Vylash

If you thought Raw would be better next week...

The Bella Twins are about to get some family management advice from a third-party.

Jerry Springer has been confirmed to moderate a discussion between the estranged "Total Divas" stars on the season premiere of Monday Night Raw in Baltimore on Sept. 8

somedevil

If you thought Raw would be better next week...

Well at least now they realized no one takes the angle seriously. So just go full train wreck.

Also, thank God Bryan will be back when this angle is buried and forgotten. Sucks though he has to watch his wife on tv go down in flames.

somedevil

Daniel "Company Man" Bryan probably doesn't care

lol, yep the man who talked about the G-1 tournament with Dave Meltzer at a Summerslam interview is towing the company line.

Love his quotes on the booking and her match going into Summerslam:

IGN: So, I have to ask… You got brought into the Brie and Stephanie story the other day on RAW in a very interesting way.

Daniel Bryan: Wait, by "interesting," do you mean "stupid"? [Laughs]

IGN: Does it give you a different perspective right now, because you are watching the show as an observer?

Daniel Bryan: Yeah, it's interesting; being able to take a step back is always good. I would do that in independent wrestling all the time. I would take three or four months and go to England or something like that and just take a step back and be gone for a little bit, because it refreshes your brain. This period has actually been a very rewarding period for me, as far as artistically thinking about wrestling, in an entirely new manner. And identifying what I see as the faults with the WWE programming and then what I can do in the faults in my own style as far as connecting with the audience and everything like that, and then rearranging that and making it better and more enjoyable for everybody.

DMczaf

IGN: So, I have to ask… You got brought into the Brie and Stephanie story the other day on RAW in a very interesting way.

Daniel Bryan: Wait, by "interesting," do you mean "stupid"? [Laughs]

dacd06369273680bc8e234e48ed930cd.jpg

lol, yep the man who talked about the G-1 tournament with Dave Meltzer at a Summerslam interview is towing the company line.

Love his quotes on the booking and her match going into Summerslam:

What I meant was was that I doubt Bryan was going to "suffer" through watching his wife going through a stupid angle instead of just going along with it.

hmmmm i wonder if star dust is in wwe 2K15, i know the roster said Cody Rhodes but they are so lazy with the game i bet they only captured zzzzz before star dust god Cody

might be off topic here :p

It's frightening how well the WWE is in touch with the "hip" market. Jerry Springer?!? RATINGS THROUGH THE ROOF!

NFL better just cancel their games because nobody is watching when JERRY F'N SPRINGER is on Raw.

JavyOO7

Second episode of Nitro was pretty good.

I really want to see RAW from its first episode on, but it would mean having to tough out Rob Bartlett. I dunno if I can do that man. Maybe I should just put it on mute. With all those commercials, those RAW episodes are only about 45 minutes anyway, right?

You can't fool me again, motherfucker!

Also this CHIKARA article on Vice is astoundingly terrible

Terrible as in poorly researched and written, or terrible as in "I can't believe Chikara actually did this to try to drum up business?"

I knew you'd love it. So much cringe.

Incidentally, anyone else kinda underwhelmed by the King of Trios line-up? What an awful team for Kimber Lee to be in.

You want to talk about struggle and hard times, look no further than the lackluster KoT line-up. Nothing but people who would have appeared on the Wrestling Is shows. The days of importing Kota Ibushi, Johnny Saint, or even Demolition are long over.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Couldn't they have done this angle whenever they were set to go to the UK? At least that would give them an excuse to bring out Jeremy Kyle.

Why?

Terrible as in poorly researched and written, or terrible as in "I can't believe Chikara actually did this to try to drum up business?"

You want to talk about struggle and hard times, look no further than the lackluster KoT line-up. Nothing but people who would have appeared on the Wrestling Is shows. The days of importing Kota Ibushi, Johnny Saint, or even Demolition are long over.

Why not both? *throws tiny Mexican child into the air*

The reality of it is, it's a fluff piece. All it really did was interview Icarus and try and frame it as something more, while trying to maintain impartiality, which apparently pissed off a fucking ton of CHIKARA fans somehow. It's just a waste. There's nothing to glean from it. And yes, it was pretty clearly done to drum up business, because business is exactly the same since before the shutdown, if not less. The shine is off the ball, yo.

And yeah, the KoT roster as is is butt. I would not be happy if I pre-ordered tickets. Wait for the lineup, people.

They could have all the famous Judges appearing..

Judge Judy
Mike Judge
Judge Reinhold

Who was the bald Judge that showed up in WCW? The one that called in Live to Satellite, and literally botched his one line?

LET'S GET IT ON IN CALIFORNIA..IN FLORIDA

Giant Baba & The Destroyer vs 'Killer' Karl Kox & Dick Slater - 2/3 Falls - (AJPW 1974/08/29)

Not the greatest match and the first fall is slightly clipped, but this one's a lot of fun regardless. Some excellent tag wrestling from both duos - Kox & Slater are relentless with their work on Destroyer's wrist, while Baba & Destroyer make a lot of fast tags and generally look like they're having fun out there. Destroyer is so adept at getting the crowd laughing one moment, then gasping in surprise the next - he never took himself too seriously and it made for a really endearing character, I find.

Destroyer.gif

Top Bottom