• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

RBH

Alberto Del Rio appeared with AAA officials and wrestlers for a Ring & Rockstars 3 press conference today at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya to promote a September 14th event at the venue. This will be Del Rio's official AAA return. He will team with La Parka and Myzteziz (the former Sin Cara) to face Texano Jr., Averno and El Hijo del Perro Arguayo.

Del Rio reportedly got the non-compete clause that WWE was trying to enforce thrown out. Here is a translated quote, courtesy of SuperLuchas.net:

"It is unconstitutional that you can not work ... thanks to lawyers and support of AAA, I can fight without any problems."

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...tedly-free-to-wrestle-where-he-wants/#!bORmkI

jred2k

Hey Rafa. Veronica Lane posted this to Twitter:

BwkRspDIUAAKRgj.jpg

The dream is dead, brah.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM

Presents

WCW Halloween Havoc 1995

This is about as bad of a show as you can get. Truly bad. Bad wrestling, bad angles, bad everything. There is really nothing redeeming about it besides Tony's call of THE YETAAAAAAY and Flair's big swerve. It's really bad. It's almost hard to believe that the same people putting on Nitro put on this shit show.

• Johnny B. Badd vs DDP WCW Television Championship
  • Zodiac vs Randy Savage
  • Hawk vs Kurasawa
  • JL vs Sabu
  • Lex Luger vs Meng
  • Arn Anderson/Brian Pillman vs Ric Flair/Sting
  • Hulk Hogan vs The Giant Monster Truck Sumo Match
  • Lex Luger vs Randy Savage
  • Hulk Hogan vs The Giant WCW Championship

ibet29SolrbawV.gif

iBtFFHkThLyJA.gif

ibg12hdwqe54Nk.gif

imN6PZfD4yoGX.gif

ie4pXOHoI0Eqq.gif

Gifs in the review: A fire ball, an explosion during the sumo truck match, Giant's wtf face, THE YETAAAAAAAAAY, a fan jumping in the ring and Macho Man not beating the shit out of him.

Sephzilla

Up to episode 3 of Nitro. I can see why people thought this was a better product than WWF at the time. I think WWF's talent was better at the time, but WCW feels like it has more ambition

somedevil

Del Rio teaming with Sin Cara?

...Watch him turn on him and just start beating the shit out of him again

Don't worry I bet someone has a gun to pull on Del Rio again if he tries to pull the stuff he did in the WWE to him.

Also, reading the Smackdown Spoilers it sounds a thousand times better than Raw.

Don't worry I bet someone has a gun to pull on Del Rio again if he tries to pull the stuff he did in the WWE to him.

Also, reading the Smackdown Spoilers it sounds a thousand times better than Raw.

That shouldn't be too difficult. Please tell me the Wyatts and Show/Henry don't have another fucking match though.

somedevil

That shouldn't be too difficult. Please tell me the Wyatts and Show/Henry don't have another fucking match though.

Well...

The main event is:

Kane, Rollins, Bray and the Wyatt Family vs Cena, Reigns, Jericho and Show and Henry

Also, it seems they are putting AJ and Paige into the Bellas feud to keep it afloat because Paige/AJ actually draw.

I get a feeling that it would escalate to a gang war, since both are basically royalty over there

That's cool if he got that bullshit non-compete clause thrown out.

Every body has said the non-complete clause is junk and if anybody actually pushed it, most of WWF contract's would be destroyed in court. It's just the only people not in WWE can't afford the lawyer fees or still want to get back in the WWE in the long run.

Remember, it took a massive corporation (Time-Warner) offering guaranteed contracts for WWF to enter the 20th century when it came to labor, instead of all wrestling being day labor.

njean777

Last nights Raw needs to be sat through to truly understand how fucking awful it was.

Holy shit, what the fuck did wrestling fans do to deserve this?

Nope, I never sit through a whole Raw. Way to long and way to much filler. It really needs to go back to two hours, not 3.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I watched Halloween Havoc 95 before WWF even told me to.

It's got monster trucks. It's got Zodiac. It's got THE YETAY. Hulk Hogan murdered somebody. Sounds like you just have fun, friend.

njean777

90 minutes

I have hulu but I hate the adds, I only use it when my family is home on Tuesday for some reason. I would rather just fast forward through all the adds and filler shit so I can at least know what happened even if I am just fast forwarding it.

But yeah even 90 minutes would be good, I mean they have so many people they the do fuck all with, so why the fuck not.

Zach

Be prepared. Even by 1995 standards it is bad.

I watched Halloween Havoc 95 before WWF even told me to.

It's got monster trucks. It's got Zodiac. It's got THE YETAY. Sounds like you just have fun, friend.

Oh, crap. I think I watched that a few years back on YouTube. Like, I may have watched the whole PPV. What is wrong with me? Welp... looks like I'm watching it again soon.

And speaking of 1995 standards, SuperBrawl '95 is pretty rough thus far.

Showaddy

Also, it seems they are putting AJ and Paige into the Bellas feud to keep it afloat because Paige/AJ actually draw.

Says something that despite their awful storyline and the 5 fucking minutes they got given at Summerslam this is still the worst thing they've had done to them by far.

SD spoilers

* John Cena opens SmackDown and talks about how everyone should stop doubting him. Cena says he is a fighter and wants to be champion. The day he doesn't want to be champion is the day he leaves. Cena wants redemption. He plugs the WWE Network and out comes Kane with Seth Rollins. Roman Reigns comes through the crowd. The lights go out and The Wyatt Family appears in the aisle. Chris Jericho's music hits next and here he come with Mark Henry and Big Show. Triple H is out next and makes Cena, Reigns, Jericho, Henry and Show vs. Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan, Luke Harper, Kane and Rollins for tonight's main event.

* Sheamus is on commentary for Cesaro vs. Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler wins with a roll up after a tiger bomb reversal into a face buster. Cesaro attacked Ziggler after the match but Sheamus made the save.

* Stardust and Goldust cut a promo on The Usos.

* Jimmy Uso defeated Heath Slater. Titus O'Neil was at ringside as was Jey Uso, who was on crutches.

* Lana and Rusev come out for a promo. Mark Henry interrupts and gets the crowd into a Patriotic fervor.

* Brie Bella vs. Paige is next with AJ Lee and Nikki Bella on commentary. AJ and Nikki start fighting. Brie goes to ringside to stop them, comes back in the ring and gets DDT'd by Paige.

* Bo Dallas squashes Zack Ryder with a Bo-dog. Bo cuts a promo after the match but is interrupted by Zeb Colter and Jack Swagger. Swagger brawls with Bo and runs him off.

* Roman Reigns, John Cena, Chris Jericho, Mark Henry and Big Show vs. The Wyatt Family, Kane and Seth Rollins was a long match. The babyfaces win by disqualification when Cena gets the hot tag and all the heels attack him. The babyfaces hit their finishers and celebrate in the ring to end SmackDown.

strobogo

Banned
So why is the 'F' beeped out on Nitro when some one says WWF? I thought they were allowed to use those three letters again?

If I had to guess, they probably were restoring them before the case was settled and didn't go back to update them. In some episodes, WWF isn't muted. Same for ECW. There are a few instances in 80s/90s WWF stuff where it will be muted once or twice on the show.

Top Bottom