• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

strobogo

Banned
iePxw76vqpdWM.gif

It's me, Nancy. It was me all along, Nancy!

Gonzalez

Banned
This Sting/Flair WW3 match has been pretty damn good so far. The way Flair, and Sting use all three rings is really inspired. Might be one of the most underrated matches in their series of matches.

For some reason ODB followed me on twitter, I thought maybe I was gonna get some Birthday Bumps or something. Chances are she's just following a bunch of people hoping they'll follow back.

It's the perfect name for that genre.

shoegaze.jpg

stellarium-az1.jpg

Mother fuckers love looking at their shoes and I love watching them look at their shoes.

Much prefer 90s Shoegazing. Not too sure on this modern shoegazing.

JavyOO7

I'm legit shook that Pillman vs Johnny B Badd went almost 30 minutes. The opening match of the night. And the match wasn't terrible, either.

This second match though. Before the bell even rings... there's some high levels of Wrestlecrap all over this bitch. Holy fak.

strobogo

Banned
New Japan coming after my youtbers. For Bernard/Nagata. I think maybe it was on a DVD that is/was available in the US. Maybe. Not sure. Not sure what other reason why that match would be tagged and not the other 10 matches from the 70s-2000s.

BFIB

Ed Leslie must had been so thrilled when they told him he was going to be The Zodiac. I mean, what a gimmick!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ed Leslie must had been so thrilled when they told him he was going to be The Zodiac. I mean, what a gimmick!

At this point, I just imagine Brutus says 'sure' as soon as they tell him he's got a new gimmick, regardless of what it is.

Him and Kane, man.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
What if he's always been a heel, but it's been such a subtle acting master class we've fallen for he's fake Goody Two Shoes Superman act for a decade.
tumblr_namwfq8vhl1r3b15co1_400.gif

What's the back story here?

Wait, is it because of the posts in the Blade thread?

Seriously?!
Well, he did happen to insult Marvel fans.

michaeljordanlaugh.gif

They tried to turn the crowd heel during the Wyatt feud instead of just turning Cena into the heel. Cena turning heel at this point is about as unlikely as Cena not breaking Flair's record
You mean including the reigns that WWE for some reason doesn't acknowledge?

From the Observer:

Reigns said that he wanted in the mix for a title shot. This got a very tepid response, which was not good for television when he’s the guy they are building around and the idea is there should be the big groundswell behind him.

Rollins tried to jump Reigns, but Reigns saw him and decked him. The crowd booed Reigns. That was also a mistake, putting Reigns in the position against the Iowa guy. From asking around, they were fully aware of the Iowa connection of Rollins, but did not expect that reaction thinking Reigns right now is like a home town guy before any crowd. Reigns threw the briefcase at him.

Fans were chanting “We Want Rollins” early on. In addition, while Reigns and Kane were going at it, the crowd was doing loud dueling chants for Cena. This was not a good night for the Reigns push to the top.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
150436_498730550163964_867367146_n-2.jpg

This guy has a good wrassler look. Rusev legs, Big Show/Quake hybrid, and all those shitty tattoos that the kids like.

strobogo

Banned
The only guy who doesn't get the hometown face treatment is Cena. Everyone else gets a big pop regardless of position on the card or alignment.

Also, this could get ugly:

Attorneys for C.M. Punk sent a 22 page letter to WWE over royalties (I believe WWE stopped sending Punk royalty money over their claim of a breach of contract) and use of his likeness, particularly him being featured in the video game (the roster of the game was put together before he quit the promotion even though it was just announced two weeks ago).

Sephzilla

The only guy who doesn't get the hometown face treatment is Cena. Everyone else gets a big pop regardless of position on the card or alignment.

I remember the Missouri crowd giving Randy Orton a lukewarm reaction at best. Cena's the only guy who I think gets X-Pac heat in his hometown.

somedevil

From the Observer:

Man its funny thinking he is at that level already. He isn't at Bryan's level or Ambrose level where the face can still be cheered attacking a home town fan.

Ambrose pop when he returns will trump anything Reigns has gotten so far. This has happened because, like Bryan with his matches with the shield, his matches with Rollins has made him more popular.

Reigns isn't at that level to have lose matches so he will always be behind when it comes to that.

Gonzalez

Banned
Why do they bother using the Diesel push? The only time it really ever worked was with the original, but it only really worked when he was hired by the competition.

Will Rollins ever get legit pops once he's not the product of the push? Or will his promos always hamper him?

I think he'll get cheered because he's a good wrestler. Bryan has always had pretty shitty promos as a face and he gets cheered. And Rollins is definitely improving. Cesaro was getting massive pops (before they killed him) and he barely says shit.

Alucard

Banned
I actually like Reigns. I have few problems with his moveset minus thinking he needs a submission called The Gavel or something. He's still working out the kinks in his character, but I think he has the potential to get there and actually be compelling to watch.

Aiii

So not worth it
For what it’s worth, the belief is that there is a good chance, described as slightly better than 50 percent that Bully Ray will be back at the next tapings. Some of the wrestlers were given the impression he’ll be back and the three-way tag team feud will continue on television to its conclusion, where it looks like Edwards & Richards win since they are the ones defending the titles at Bound for Glory, unless they hold off the last match until Bound for Glory, but then they have to make sure Jeff Hardy can go to Japan. His contract expired this past week and the company felt comfortable he would re-sign, because it’s not a deal the level of a Hulk Hogan, or even an A.J. Styles. He gave no inclination about not wanting to sign beforehand, and they announced him for the U.K. tour, scheduled to put him in the Hall of Fame and had him in the main TV program when it was up. The first most anyone heard of him possibly leaving was his speech to the guys at the show in Salisbury, MD. It may be trying to maneuver a raise at a time they are cutting back, given all the hats he has between main event wrestler, being the best agent now that Jeff Jarrett is gone, and having a lot of input into creative.

The Dixie Carter injuries in the table bump, which are two fractures of the back and a fractured rib, as noted on television, were legitimate. She’s lucky she didn’t get a neck injury the way her head snapped on the ground. She may have gotten hurt even though Bully tried to protect her because she’s not trained to take bumps. It did appear Bully jumped too far, and her head did crack the mat pretty well unprotected. Right now the plan is that she won’t be able to attend Bound for Glory because of the long flight, although if she heals fast enough, she would attend.

Can't act. Can't wrestle. Can't run a company. Can't take a bump.

Dixie is literally the polar oppositie of everything Vince McMahon is.

Regarding Lesnar going forward, in the past Lesnar’s dates and angles were all known months in advance and planned accordingly. Right now, as champion, the situation is different. There is the deal in place as far as money goes but the agreement is WWE can book him as champion for Monday’s and PPVs based on when they feel they want him. Essentially he can work every PPV until Mania if that’s what they want and agree to pay whatever price it is, or they can use him only on a few shows between now and Mania. There is an agreement in place that allows them to increase dates on a pro-rate basis.

Good.

Top Bottom