• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

SoulPlaya

more money than God
What's popular in modern shoegaze? The closest thing to shoegaze that I've heard lately was Alcest's album "Shelter." It's beautiful stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKuhxZwhUtY

alcest.jpg

Look at this gorgeous album cover right here.
TEVV
Check out Les Discretes.

Carnby

Honestly, Ambrose has the It factor over him. The atmosphere changes when Ambrose enters the ring. With Reigns, it just feels like any other dude coming down.

Is this the same It Factor that the entire Legends of the Round Table panel has aneurisms over, every time IT is mentioned?

somedevil

Raw viewership for 9/1:

8pm: 4.009
9pm: 3.925
10pm: 3.827

Avg: 3.920

Wow I thought the viewership would of tanked due to it being on Labor Day but instead they did the same amount compared to last year.

Raw viewership for 9/1:

Wow I thought the viewership would of tanked due to it being on Labor Day but instead they did the same amount compared to last year.

Next week's numbers will suck.

I'm surprised it did as well as it did with such a shitty RAW. I just assumed the drop off from hour 1 to hour 2 would be huge.

Jamie OD

So we've reached the point of the year when every week WWE prays that the Monday Night Football game sucks. Except soon they'll be doing it on Thursdays too.

Raw viewership for 9/1:

The pattern is the story here. The first hour is usually the lowest rated, but that was different here. People were tuning out as the show went on. Not as many as you'd expect, but a significant amount didn't stay throughout the show because they probably gained some in those last two hours too.

I guess they decided it was time to settle into the fall pattern where that's always the case.

somedevil

The pattern is the story here. The first hour is usually the lowest rated, but that was different here. People were tuning out as the show went on. Not as many as you'd expect, but a significant amount didn't stay throughout the show because they probably gained some in those last two hours too.

I guess they decided it was time to settle into the fall pattern where that's always the case.

You can't really judge a pattern based on Monday because it was a labor day. The Fall pattern is the 2nd hour has the highest viewership. Also, the people that tuned out were not the 18-49 adult audience because the rating went up as the show went on.

Kenobi

I'm getting tired of the term "sports entertainment"

New Monday night war episode says it a lot. Plus lots of CM Punk interview bites too lol

You can't really judge a pattern based on Monday because it was a labor day. The Fall pattern is the 2nd hour has the highest viewership. Also, the people that tuned out were not the 18-49 adult audience because the rating went up as the show went on.

Can't judge anything then I guess. It's not going to get better with football on, I guarantee you that.

I don't know. somedevil always brings up last year's ratings as if it matters.

Last year's ratings matter in that they show the growth or decline of popularity of the product on a greater scale and with typically more accuracy than simply week-to-week numbers. A lot of sports or recurring series use year over year numbers. It's a good metric.

Last year's ratings matter in that they show the growth or decline of popularity of the product on a greater scale and with typically more accuracy than simply week-to-week numbers. A lot of sports or recurring series use year over year numbers. It's a good metric.

I guess that's fair enough, but only as a block of shows. One week compared to one week last year could have had totally different events or shows on at the same time. Attendance, specifically house show attendance, are much better indicators.

I guess that's fair enough, but only as a block of shows. One week compared to one week last year could have had totally different events or shows on at the same time. Attendance, specifically house show attendance, are much better indicators.

Again, you don't just take one part of data. Y2Y (year to year) is usually takes into account events or holidays. It's not a static metric. And I don't know that attendance is as big of a deal as you seem to think. A lot of people like the product, but enjoy it just fine on TV. Look at the NFL. TV-wise, the ratings and interest in it is higher than it's ever been, but some teams are still struggling with attendance. I'd say in 2014, TV ratings are a better gauge of interest than house show attendance, unless the difference is drastic, which it isn't it WWE's case for the most part.

Mengetsu

Vince Russo penned an open letter to Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon and Triple H on his website, Pyro & Ballyhoo, regarding the recent storylines in the company.

http://www.pyroandballyhoo.com/open-letter-vince-steph-hhh-fan-wwe/

Dear Vince, Stephanie and Hunter,

First let me apologize for my rant last night on Russo on Raw. I’m Italian, I’m emotional, I’m sorry I get that way sometimes. Come to think of it, you probably witnessed it first hand in a galaxy far, far away—many light years ago. The truth is—I hate to criticize RAW. I really do. Having been there and done that, I realize how difficult it is to come up with two hours of compelling content every week – let alone three. The job is not easy, I understand that, and nobody can be criticized for TRYING and giving their BEST EFFORT—nobody. But . . . the question I have to ask is: “Is what we see every Monday Night honestly and truly your best effort? I just know that having worked with all three of you in the past, I don’t think any of us would have been satisfied, or even ALLOWED last night’s show to air in its final form. Are we seriously not better than that? What happened to our mantra during the Attitude Era when this week’s show was going to be better than last weeks? Remember that, Vince?

I don’t know what it is. I don’t know the structure, because I am not there, but nobody—NOBODY—can tell me that with a bit more effort you couldn’t be doing better than what WE THE PEOPLE are being exposed to every Monday Night. Look—we all love wrestling, we are all HUGE fans of the WWE and in all truthfulness—WE WANT TO LIKE THE SHOW!!! But, you just make it so difficult. Asking anybody to sit through three hours of what you’re currently putting on the air is not only asking too much . . .but, it’s also unfair.

Look, I’m not going to tell you what to do, or how to do it, who am I? All I’m asking is that you all ask each other—is this the best that World Wrestling Entertainment has to offer its fans? If the answer is yes, that I guess I’ve just over-rated you, however, I think we all know that’s not the answer. I don’t think any of you can walk away from that building on Monday night honestly believing that you had just put your best foot forward. I don’t believe that for a second.

Right now, you have an UNBELIEVABLE talent roster, up and down from first match to main event, but the writing and producing of the show is just not serving them justice. You have to know that. What happened to the work ethic and the commitment that we all shared during the Attitude Era? What happened to that passion, when we literally used to leave our own BLOOD, SWEAT and TEARS on the script that we wrote. If something didn’t exceed our expectations we were sick over it for days—I know I was.

Vince, Stephanie, Triple H, YES we will always be here no matter what. We support you, and we support the WWE, but the truth is . . . we deserve better. And, deep down inside I know that you know that.

With 1,000% sincerity.

Peace,

Your Former Head Writer

Vince Russo

Raw64life

http://rajah.com/node/43077

Hidden Remote: Each Diva on the show brings a unique aspect of their life to the series, what will Rosa Mendes be bringing to the table this season?

Rosa: I’m an open book. All of the skeletons will be outside of the closet, I’m not holding anything back. What you see is what you get. When I’m feeling something, I say it; if I want to walk around naked I’m going to walk around naked. You’re going to see the real Rosa Mendes and I’m really, really excited for the WWE Universe and fans of Total Divas to see that side of me.

"All of the skeletons will be outside of the closet" I wonder how true that will be.

tumblr_n2n27cudlu1sbqspto1_400.gif

Showaddy

A lot of Russo's points that he's made about the recent terrible RAW's are just pure common sense; like keeping the Bella's promos on closed sets and not feeding the whole Wyatt Family to Cena. The current booking & creative team make him look like he knows what he's doing but when he actually get's control and is free to throw every stupid idea of his out there...

I legitimately haven't been following the WWWE news for months, was there ever a 'real' update on Daniel Bryan? Can he move his arm and shit again at least?

Sting still hasn't been on a show?

kirblar

I legitimately haven't been following the WWWE news for months, was there ever a 'real' update on Daniel Bryan? Can he move his arm and shit again at least?

Sting still hasn't been on a show?
He's got some sort of pinched nerve issue that's caused him to lose strength in an arm, and they're currently trying to figure out how best to fix it.

Top Bottom