• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

strobogo

Banned
I can recommend you NOT read HBK's or Rock's. HBK's is so full of bullshit and Rock's was a terrible cash in where sometimes he writes in character and sometimes he doesn't, but he probably didn't actually write any of it.

Aiii

So not worth it
Watching The Call on Netflix Brazil, 2 minutes in and Otunga's character has already bragged about his body... Sounds about right.

Ahmed Johnson is apparently too fat to fly these days;

*Announcement - Ahmed Johnson might not be attending HEROES & LEGENDS II tomorrow.

I just like to always be upfront and candid with the fans, the situation was out of my hands however we are still working with the airline on it today to see if we can help get him here! "Ahmed is a "vendor guest" scheduled to attend tomorrows event , and from my understanding Ahmed attempted to board the plane and the fine people at (____) "Airline name rhymes with Belta" Decided among themselves and I guess a new airline policy that due to Ahmed's size he had to purchase a 2nd ticket for himself at an extremely high price..to which he disagreed and did not board the flight. Hopefully Ahmed and the vendor can work something out with the airline and we can still see Ahmed tomorrow... If not we hope to bring him to Heroes & Legends III

Sunflower said:
Bischoff's Controversy Creates Cash was a good enough read though. I liked that.

I might give the Bischoff one a go, I've heard a lot of praise for it over the years. Anyone read Jericho's? Any good?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ahmed Johnson is apparently too fat to fly these days;

I might give the Bischoff one a go, I've heard a lot of praise for it over the years. Anyone read Jericho's? Any good?

Not surprised about Ahmed. Even when he was going on as Big T or whatever in WCW he was ballooning.

I read Jericho's second. It was alright. Didn't bother with his first. I like autobiographies that deal with events I saw, not "here is where I grew up" etc. I know there's a lot of stories in his first but I figured I'd pass.

Aiii

So not worth it
Jericho's first book was great, his second book was okay, but kind of ruined by the non-wrestling "rockstar" stuff that wasn't intersting at all to me.

Kurt Angle died/retired in 2006. Punk is still fresh in everyone's minds. Of course a current guy is going to win.

Stick that in your pipe
bomb
and smoke it.

Let the jobbers fight it out. They will all bend the knee in the end.

HHH-King.jpg

As much as I love Kurt Angle, I don't remember shit about his WWE run, so Punk beating him for that is no surprise.

The best Kurt Angle reign was the mouth guard psychopath World Heavyweight Champion Kurt when he had that awesome match with Undertaker at No Way Out.
Kurt Angle was my favorite god dammit. It's terrible that that skinny fat ass went onto the next round! I hate the WWE Universe! I hate them all!

strobogo

Banned
I suffer for your sins so you don't have to. I'm the Jesus Christ of Wrasslegaf. Except more suicidal and way less into BDSM and fish.

Also, the finals should really be Punk vs Cena. They set up the brackets wrong.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I suffer for your sins so you don't have to. I'm the Jesus Christ of Wrasslegaf. Except more suicidal and way less into BDSM and fish.

Don't get too religious, never forget Vince & Shane vs Shawn Michaels & God

Penguin

I can't wait for you to start on TNA....

*Runs away*

jred2k

For all the good thats happening with the WWE wrestling wise right now, Paul Heyman is still probably my favourite part. The should have one of the cameras just focus on his face for entire matches and broadcast that on the app.

heymanslap_2.gif

heymanlook.gif

Picked this up off ebay;

9X98xKM.jpg

Should be a fun read. I've been meaning to read more wrestling autobiographies, anyone got any recommendations?

So far I've read Hansen's, Funk's & Foley's.

The Bret Hart autobiography is good, I heard Jericho's books are good as well, but he has like 2 which I heard are both good. I read Eric Bischoff's wrestling book that he advertised on RAW one day Controversy creates Cash or something. I heard Mick Foley's book is good as well. Don't know if you are looking for strictly autobiographies.

BFIB

Planning on finally watching some NXT this weekend since its all available on Hulu now.

Any recommendations on past shows?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait for him to do XPW;

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=XPW

Someone has to do XPW. Sunny? There's at least a dozen full shows on the first page of results there.

*edit, I saw a 3PW pack the other day and was tempted, until I realised I don't want to see X-Pac, Sandman & Sabu wrestle a bunch of times, circa '02-'04.

I....

I will try ONE XPW show and see how I feel about reviewing all of them. What do you guys make of that?

XenoRaven

Jericho's first book is awesome. His second is good but depressing.

The first one is everything leading up to him signing with WWE. The second is all about his time with WWE and beyond.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I might actually do audio reviews with a buddy of mine for it. It might not be that bad with someone else who enjoys bad shit. I'll figure something out for XPW.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What's going on with Ziggler? What's the interview in question? Anyone got a link?

5S1aQ3k.png

Planning on finally watching some NXT this weekend since its all available on Hulu now.

Any recommendations on past shows?

All of the revamp has been great but it has really picked up the last 5 to 10 weeks. Pretty much when the NXT divas championship tournament started

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well if Ziggler wasn't on a downhill trend, he's in a free-fall now.

Jeez, forget phones and tablets, this page is breaking my laptop. I know as an advocate of Midnight Wrasslegaf and being opposed to Bishoptl's 'One gif, per person, per 100 pages' rule, I sound like a huge hypocrite but damn, I'm I alone here?

Mostly I just feel sad that my computer is getting old :(

somedevil

Ziggler should just keep his mouth shut sometimes. He was actually going up being involved in the Daniel Bryan angle, but I'm not so sure about it now.

Also, on Smackdown Daniel Bryan has reached Stone Cold Steve Austin 1999 level of pop from the crowd.

He said he is allowed to speak how he feels. So I can't fault him.

If they hide a 3rd strike, I can fully jump on board. Until then, its just business as usual.

BFIB

Jeez, forget phones and tablets, this page is breaking my laptop. I know as an advocate of Midnight Wrasslegaf and being opposed to Bishoptl's 'One gif, per person, per 100 pages' rule, I sound like a huge hypocrite but damn, I'm I alone here?

Mostly I just feel sad that my computer is getting old :(

Lets help build you a new one!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's weird because I just thought about what WWE would be losing if they got rid of Ziggler, and the answer was "not much at all" - he put over AJ and Big E mostly. That's it. It's a shame.

strobogo

Banned
I'm planning to stick to one review per page now, I think, especially Nitros that have 15 gifs.

Not that I give the slightest of fucks about Bean's computer, but I don't want to lock up computers of people who aren't shitheads.

BFIB

Just read Dolph's comments. Can't say I blame him, its clear WWE doesn't give a fuck about their own policy when Orton has been, at what, 2 strikes for years when he should had been released years ago due to the "3 strike" rule?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just read Dolph's comments. Can't say I blame him, its clear WWE doesn't give a fuck about their own policy when Orton has been, at what, 2 strikes for years when he should had been released years ago due to the "3 strike" rule?

He should have self-policed himself for this. Even though you CAN talk shit, doesn't mean you really should.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Viper strikes are different from jobber strikes

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
As fucked up as it sounds, Randy Orton is also mega over while not giving a shit at all. It's just like you could say all the shit in the world about Hogan in the 80s and 90s, but the businessman would be wise to keep him around.

They could lose Ziggler. They could easily replace Dolph with Rollins or someone similar.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dolph is totally replaceable. A shame, but it is what it is.

Rollins takes great bumps and has better looking offence than Ziggler.

That's my biggest gripe with Ziggler. So much of his offence looks really, really flimsy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As fucked up as it sounds, Randy Orton is also mega over while not giving a shit at all. It's just like you could say all the shit in the world about Hogan in the 80s and 90s, but the businessman would be wise to keep him around.

They could lose Ziggler. They could easily replace Dolph with Rollins or someone similar.

Yeah. Not many others can have no program to speak of for over 6 months and still be ridiculously over.

Rollins takes great bumps and has better looking offence than Ziggler.

That's my biggest gripe with Ziggler. So much of his offence looks really, really flimsy.

Agreed, and his finisher is shit as well. I'm not on the hate-train but honestly, I don't see any long term value in him. I honestly don't. I enjoy his matches, I like watching him sell...but that's roughly it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's like Punk said about AW. You can air your grievances, but you need to be smart about it. And Dolph's brother and all his HEEL, HEAT, KAYFABE nonsense proves that his family isn't exactly great at it.

Like, I'm not even a huge Rollins fan, but he's got Dolph level abilities, and he can pull in that Jeff Hardy crazy fanbase if they want. I'd much rather see a guy like Cesaro getting the shots Dolph has gotten too. I mean, people want to say Dolph didn't get a chance, but he's had how many title shots plus the MITB over the last two years? And if people want to complain about him jobbing as MITB winner, see EVERY mitb winner past Edge's first win.

I don't get Zigglers complaints they weren't pushing Orton he was in the merchandise vortex. He was getting wins over certain people but not really main event or being used in storyline due to his 2 strikes but still protected due to merchandise and being over with the fans/girls. His complaints only make sense if Orton was on drugs the whole time and was getting protected

Top Bottom