• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So since I just want to prove Aiii's horrid opinion wrong about shaved heads on girls

MOaZpUH.jpg

Mkw26Ff.jpg

U7u2MJW.jpg

YIXCd56.jpg

CktQxK7.jpg

ruFqIbD.jpg

DrZeus

Bald women can be very beautiful. It doesn't always work, but when someone pulls it off right like 90s Sinead O'Connor(or someone) it really works.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
http://24.media.tumblr.com/facd7c6e3bbe846bb36fd73aad00bac3/tumblr_msavyb7Xc91sz6dtuo1_500.jpg[ /IMG][/QUOTE]

The best in the world.

Oh and there's CM Punk and Chris Hero

[quote="Entropia, post: 79048721"]Thank fuck the thread title gfot changed[/QUOTE]

It's a good title, but it's a B+ at best.

If what I'm hearing on Twitter is true (and the dude is a goddamn idiot so it wouldn't surprise me) indy wrestling promoters have no idea how to act when at another promotion's show

strobogo

Banned
WCW Thunder 8/6/98

We're 3 days away from the PPV and only 3 matches have been announced. Leno/DDP vs Hogan/Bischoff (which was announced on the Tonight Show), Raven vs Saturn vs Kanyon (revealed by Raven on Nitro), and an nWo battle royal featuring Goldberg. Chris Jericho will defend his title with Dean Malenko as the ref, but his opponent hasn't been revealed.

Recap of Kim being held hostage so DDP would run into a trap.

The Giant vs Lizmark Jr.

On the Tonight Show tonight, they're going to show DDP and Leno working out. I'm sure that will be excellent. Giant hits a chokeslam right away for the win. He's sick of people talking about Goldberg. He's going to be the one to put Goldberg down.

A Goldberg hype video airs.

Lex Luger comes to the ring. Lex shouldn't be saying things like "in da house" and "just too sweet". Neither should Hogan. The Wolfpac is more than 4life. They are 4EVA. Lex isn't waiting for Road Wild to have a fight. He wants a tag match against Hall and someone. Konnan and Sting then come out. Sting is back in red and black. I don't know why they didn't come out at the start of his promo.

Dean Malenko comes out to be a ref, I think. Chris Jericho stops him, wearing ridiculous sunglasses and Juvi's mask. He had a pair of sunglasses on under the first pair. Deal with it, yo. Jericho set this up to make sure that Dean could be an honest ref.

iB4bjjaz4KelN.gif

Juventud Guerrera vs Hypnosis Special Guest Referee: Dean Malenko

I guess Juvi is facing Jericho. Not sure why he gets a shot over anyone else, but whatever. Dean plays it straight. Juvi hits a diving rana. Hypno just lays down on Juvi to start a bridge sequence. It was weird. Powerbomb into a DDT. A monkey flip sends Hypnosis to the floor. Juvi goes for a dive and runs face first into Jericho's title while Dean was looking at Psychosis. Guillotine leg drop for the win while Jericho celebrated.

iSwYamjjI8A4p.gif

TO THE NWO NIGHTCAP.
Well, fuck. I finished my bottle of Crown on the last show. I didn't expect this shit on Thunder. These are all jokes about Leno's head/jaw. Some of these are so bad that the band didn't realize they were jokes and missed cues. This might be worse than the rest of these since they don't have any crowd noise except for the punchlines, so it is just awkward silence. But then someone drills Bischoff with a full drink, so at least something good came out of it. He makes one too many jokes about Kim and DDP comes flying over the desk and bests the shit out of him. Police had to pull DDP off. Giant comes out and carries Bischoff away.

iOiMp58CSXNWy.gif

ibgPDC2EIza8yH.gif

Meng vs Jim Duggan

Wow. This sucks. Even worse than you would imagine. Barb and Hugh come out. They beat Meng down. They hold Meng so Jimmy can hit him with the 2x4 from the top Meng no sold it. Duggan then fought Barb and Hugh off. There wasn't a single thing in this whole segment that didn't look awful.

ibyaycqmSYi6f4.gif

TO THE SCHIAVONE.
He hypes up the bike that will be given away at the PPV.

nWo Hollywood come out, minus Hogan, Giant, and Bischoff. Rude promises that Goldberg will not win the battle royal. Hall again tells the Wolfpac to get some Monostat to get rid of those yeast infections. "You were on queer street. And liked it." He slips into full Razor to talk to Konnan for a moment. They accept the Wolfpac challenge fro tonight.

Stevie Ray vs Steve McMichael WCW TV Championship

This show definitely isn't making me want to buy the PPV this weekend. Chavo comes out and takes the TV Championship, as he used his notary stamp to declare himself champion. Stevie gets counted out going after Chavo. Chavo then hit Stevie with the belt and started choking him. Stevie got up and he and Mongo started brawling again.

Recap of the Buff/Scott segment from Nitro.

TO THE SCHIAVONE. Tony brings out Rick Steiner. Rick is fired up and ready to beat the shit out of his brother at Road Wild.

Hogan is on his way, pissed about what happened to Bischoff. So, he wasn't going to be at the go home show to a PPV until that happened?

An Arn Anderson video is aired with stock music that the WWF used ALL THE TIME for opening of Raw packages.

Saturn/Kanyon vs Sick Boy/Riggs

Kanyon doesn't come out. But Raven does. He again hints that Kanyon has joined the Flock. To help Saturn prepare for the PPV, this is now a handicap match. Lodi came in and got his broken fingers stepped on. I don't think I've seen any Flock member besides Kidman actually win any matches. A very short squash that Saturn easily wins. Raven comes out and Saturn knocks him on his ass. Raven eventually hits the Evenflow.

Disco Inferno vs Eddie Guerrero

Tokyo Magnum again comes out to Alex Wright's music and dances. Not super sure why there is a heel vs heel match, but whatever. Eddie dominates for the opening minutes, but Disco comes back with a piledriver and neckbreaker. He misses a second rope elbow. Eddie is a good 12 paces faster than Disco and has to slow down around him. He hits a nasty shoulder breaker, then hits Magnum off the apron. He goes up for the frog splash. Magnum shoves him off the ropes, but it actually shoved Eddie right into the frog splash for the win.

ixDTzAT5kG3Br.gif

ibxQbL7KuID2NM.gif

Buff calls in. They get Rick to join them so Buff can talk to him. He claims that Rick was scared of Scott and by hitting him with a chair, he injured Scott, so the match is off.

Hogan, Bischoff, and Beefcake come out. Hulk is really mad, but he's talking about all these dudes riding bikes with him. And Kim in a thong on his bike. He had to hold back a biker gang from coming to beat DDP. This is terrible. Hogan might be the weirdest example of a guy going from the best promo guy in the business to the worst in just a few years. He just rambles and growls until you can't even understand what he's saying anymore.

Scott Hall/Curt Hennig/Brian Adams vs Lex Luger/Sting/Konnan

They announce that Bret vs Lex has been signed, I assume for Nitro. This starts out on the floor with everyone pairing off. Lex and Hall officially start in the ring. Perfect comes in and looks totally out of it. Konnan and Crush face off. Not only is this a Thunder main event, but it is also the main event of a go home show, so it is a nothing match. Konnan ends up with a terrible roll up on Crush and the show ends with everyone brawling.

So, this was the go home show. One match was actually removed from the PPV. It's the next show and this is all that has been announced:

Hollywood Hogan/Eric Bischoff vs DDP/Jay Leno
nWo Battle Royal featuring Goldberg
Kanyon vs Raven vs Saturn
Chris Jericho vs ??? WCW Cruiserweight Championship Special Guest Ref: Dean Malenko

That's it. A whole PPV with 4 matches announced. Plus a Travis Tritt performance.

Here's the whole card for Road Wild 1998!

-- Hulk Hogan & Eric Bischoff vs. Diamond Dallas Page & Jay Leno
-- nWo Battle Royal. Also, Goldberg's in it.
-- Juventud Guerrera vs. Chris Jericho for the WCW World Cruiserweight Title
-- Brian Adams vs. Steve McMichael
-- Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Stevie Ray for the WCW World Television Title
-- Psicosis vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.
-- Raven vs. Chris Kanyon vs. Perry Saturn in a Raven's Rules Triangle Match
-- Disco Inferno & Alex Wright vs. The Public Enemy
-- The Barbarian vs. Meng

strobogo

Banned
Oh, I know the whole card. My point was only 4 matches were announced before it went on the air, 3 of which were made on Nitro 5 days earlier. That's TNA levels of unprepared.

Oh, I know the whole card. My point was only 4 matches were announced before it went on the air, 3 of which were made on Nitro 5 days earlier. That's TNA levels of unprepared.

I love looking at WCW PPV cards from mid-98 to mid-99. The first half of the show looks like matches you'd see on the first hour of Nitro.

strobogo

Banned
Also, what the fuck is Sting thinking going out with that color scheme? A black and red half and half shirt, white face paint with red and black, black and BLUE tights, and purple boots?

Here's the whole card for Road Wild 1998!

-- Hulk Hogan & Eric Bischoff vs. Diamond Dallas Page & Jay Leno
-- nWo Battle Royal. Also, Goldberg's in it.
-- Juventud Guerrera vs. Chris Jericho for the WCW World Cruiserweight Title
-- Brian Adams vs. Steve McMichael
-- Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Stevie Ray for the WCW World Television Title
-- Psicosis vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.
-- Raven vs. Chris Kanyon vs. Perry Saturn in a Raven's Rules Triangle Match
-- Disco Inferno & Alex Wright vs. The Public Enemy
-- The Barbarian vs. Meng
I vividly remember going over to a friend's house to watch this show. I don't remember if I liked it though.

Penguin

Reading your recap...

the nWo Battle Royale seemed centered around Goldberg/Giant... why not just do that as a singles match and still do... the battle royale as nWo vs nWo... since don't believe it has any stakes

jred2k

The top title holder is in a Battle Royal with warring factions and Jay Leno is in the main event. I don't even

Penguin

I also love that Hogan and DDP never had a PPV singles match to blow off their feud.

That could be said about a lot of things... I mean no blow-off match between Wolfpac vs Black/White

Hell I don't even know if there was much of a feud between Hogan and Nash since HOgan's off doing his own thing

Goldberg is their world champion with no direction

And really don't think he gets much of a story even through Starrcade

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wish WWE had a guy like Regal or Doug Williams who just did suplexes and submissions like crazy
5499f796c6dd2a919df33d1d949f7a3a.gif

All the indy guys now are too obsessed with doing kicks they saw in King's Road matches. Even Cesaro doesn't do that many suplexes

I fear for Sandman whenever he gets back and sees this thread ;_;

Karma for snitching on Soulplaya and Midnight Wrasslegaf.

P.S. For people that couldn't find the thread, you should use the auto-subscribe feature. Followed the link from the last thread, posted here, and now have no problems finding the thread.

g-fex has had so many gimmick changes now who even knows

I was actually referring to when Sandman snitched out G-Fex that one time for constant thread derailing or something, he got temp banned and never bothered posting here after the ban was lifted. But the gimmick changes are weird, yes.

Top Bottom