• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

Bo vs Tyson Kidd Iron Man Match for the Unified WWE Title

Wrestlemania 32, the 20th anniversary of Bret/Shawn.

Book it.

30hlbudzijd6.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
FAVE FIVE Intercontinental Champions

5. The Mountie
4. Razor Ramon
3. Rick Rude
2. Owen Hart
1. Honky Tonk Man

With the exception of the Mountie, all of these men who held the IC title, to me, elevated the title and made it something special. Moreso than people like Kurt Angle or HHH, these four people made the belt something special, and it belonged around their waists.

Agree? Disagree? Give us your Fave Five.

Kaladin

5. The Mountie
4. Razor Ramon
3. Rick Rude
2. Owen Hart
1. Honky Tonk Man

With the exception of the Mountie, all of these men who held the IC title, to me, elevated the title and made it something special. Moreso than people like Kurt Angle or HHH, these four people made the belt something special, and it belonged around their waists.

You know I've always been a Honky Tonk Man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkz-BRKhwFE

Entropia

No One Remembers

5. The Mountie
4. Razor Ramon
3. Rick Rude
2. Owen Hart
1. Honky Tonk Man

1. Goldust
2. D'Lo Brown
3. Val Venis
4. Jeff Jarrett
5. Kurt Angle

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Got you covered boss.

r4UMKPQ.png

Yesssssss valuable member going for that brass ring! So beautiful!

Bo's gonna be everywhere by winter, forget being SNOWED IN

You're gonna be BO-ED IN!

jmdajr

I don't know about order

Ultimate Warrior
Savage
Shawn Micheals
Bret Hart
Mr. Perfect

I could list HHH, but that title is beneath him

simysm.jpg

Do you hate safety?
#teamhardcam

I have narrowly avoided the following things while filming floor cam:

People being tossed out of the ring
People diving out of the ring (fellow cameraman wasn't able to avoid one though :-/)
People getting hit with moves off aprons
People throwing stuff in the ring
Glass
Kenzans
Gusset Plates
Lighttubes
Coffee pots
Microwaves
Chairs

Tldr; I Am Frogger

IC Title in the late 80's was so good, some great reigns and feuds. Warrior and Rick Rude era will stand out as my favorite

Then the title jumped the shark with Chyna and Jericho

I think Shelton Benjamin had a good run with it for the modern era.

and then Miz held it for a day after winning the preshow and the title has been shit since.

DMczaf

How do you have Top IC champs list and not have Macho Man?

The man started the trend of turning the IC title into the stepping stone to the WWE title. He is the blueprint.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How do you have Top IC champs list and not have Macho Man?

The man started the trend of turning the IC title into the stepping stone to the WWE title. He is the blueprint.

I see him more as a WWF Champion than an IC holder, really. He was destined for more, for sure, but for some reason the IC title and Savage doesn't always sync up in my brain. That said he is still a fine, fine champion and would likely replace The Mountie.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I don't know about order

Ultimate Warrior
Savage
Shawn Micheals
Bret Hart
Mr. Perfect

I could list HHH, but that title is beneath him

It's like on that dumb show Undercover Boss where the owner pretends to be a worker and scrubs toilets and shit to humble them or something. HHH was just doing grunt work to show how humble he is.

btw, HHH breaking some wrestling tropes

- ref bump and there was no interference or a screwy finish or reversal (for now)
- Bryan one up'd Orton on Raw and SD and still won the title

thank you based hhh

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
5. Ricky Steamboat
4. Honky Tonk Man
3. Ultimate Warrior
2. Razor Ramon
1. Randy Savage

Good list, but I will always question Warrior over Honky. Honky was truly great. Never seen a heel keep a title so well and have people foaming at the mouth for him to drop it. That Warrior pop when Honky put that open challenge was so good.

strobogo

Banned

5. The Mountie
4. Razor Ramon
3. Rick Rude
2. Owen Hart
1. Honky Tonk Man

Man, you're killing me with your decision of who you mark for today. HTM is AWFUL. I can't believe he had such a long IC run. Mountie was also pretty terrible as a singles guy.

Good list, but I will always question Warrior over Honky. Honky was truly great. Never seen a heel keep a title so well and have people foaming at the mouth for him to drop it. That Warrior pop when Honky put that open challenge was so good.

I hated Honky Tonk Man when I was a kid. Now I realize he was doing some awesome heel work.

Kaladin

- ref bump and there was no interference or a screwy finish or reversal (for now)

thank you based hhh

Ref bump, and they actually had a second ref ready to go just in case.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, you're killing me with your decision of who you mark for today. HTM is AWFUL. I can't believe he had such a long IC run. Mountie was also pretty terrible as a singles guy.

HTM's IC reign was the stuff of legends. Mountie is horrible, but I had a weird attachment to him as a kid. Kind of viewed him as the Anti-Big Boss Man.

HTM's truly deserving of the title of the Greatest IC Champ of All Time, bar none. Spectacular work. Him and Rick Rude were just incredible at getting people to hate them.

Penguin

I miss the day when the IC title was a belt to elevate the talent.

Looking at the list, I feel like Cody was the last IC title reign that made the champ seem more important and elevated the holder.

Instead of being a stopgap for main eventer or just being wasted.

strobogo

Banned
HTM's IC reign was the stuff of legends. Mountie is horrible, but I had a weird attachment to him as a kid. Kind of viewed him as the Anti-Big Boss Man.

HTM's truly deserving of the title of the Greatest IC Champ of All Time, bar none. Spectacular work. Him and Rick Rude were just incredible at getting people to hate them.

HTM was a legitimately awful wrestler. That era had a lot of really bad guys. Honky was right up at the top of the list. He may have been a good heel, but he was an atrocious wrestler. Legit shoot bad, and I've seen some of his pre-HTM work. Worse than Glacier for sure.

Oh, and while I'm on the floor cam memory power hour:

One of my favorite running gags ever is Shawn Michaels hating the floor cam guy, leading up to him taking one out in Badd Blood, then doing it again at Mania

FUK U SHAWN

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I miss the day when the IC title was a belt to elevate the talent.

Looking at the list, I feel like Cody was the last IC title reign that made the champ seem more important and elevated the holder.

Instead of being a stopgap for main eventer or just being wasted.

I feel the same way that Cody was the last one who made a real effort, instead of the placeholder belt. Still suffering from a lack of focus.

HTM was a legitimately awful wrestler. That era had a lot of really bad guys. Honky was right up at the top of the list. He may have been a good heel, but he was an atrocious wrestler. Legit shoot bad, and I've seen some of his pre-HTM work. Worse than Glacier for sure.

Honky is a bad wrestler, yes, but he's a great storyteller in the ring. He toed the line between the negative real-hate and some people (like yourself, it sounds) just wanted him OFF TV instead of enjoying and watching his antics. Me though, I loved it. Great dude.

thank you based hhh

Yeah, still betting on injured ref not being cleared medically to get back into the match and the second ref should have been the one to finish. Leading to HHH taking the belt off Bryan and giving it back to Orton on Raw tonight.

strobogo

Banned
Great dude? In addition to being a legitimately terrible wrestler, he's also a colossal cunt in real life. X-Pac heat should be renamed HTM heat.

Rick Rude generated extreme levels of heat amongst me and my siblings. We all hated Honky Tonk man but mostly because we couldn't understand why he was a wrestler. I think him and Brutus the Barber had a good feud, that was one of thos feuds where the heel never got what was coming to him, and Jimmy Hart was in drag for some of those matches.

jred2k

It's like on that dumb show Undercover Boss where the owner pretends to be a worker and scrubs toilets and shit to humble them or something. HHH was just doing grunt work to show how humble he is.

HHH doing Undercover Boss as a jobber would be excellent. Just watching him try and hold off on ripping off his disguise and burying everyone with Pedigrees.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Don't worry guys, this character Sunflower is playing now is just temporary! I HOPE AT LEAST

What character? I'm always the same dude.

You're the one people should watch out for.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well I do declare! How dare you say something like that. If there were pvp in FFXIV and we were somehow on the same server I would END you, buddy!

You can't end what was never alive!

I still might server transfer, but I want no part of FF14-GAF. But I wouldn't mind WHMing for my Sokantish friend :)

TL21xx

Banned
Are you Patterson or Brisco? Stooge

170px-Earlhebner.jpg

Anyways, last night. Tend to agree that it was a bit of a wash. Enjoyed Punk beating the snot out of Heyman, but that was about it. Really should have had the Haitch at least come out to try to screw over Daniel last night. True filler PPV through and through. Here's hoping tonight is better.

The McMahon family has been shitting on the Armstrong family for years! I couldn't stand it any longer, I wont let you ruin a worth champion, a worthy hero in Daniel Bryan.

You're fired!

The title is vacant, Orton vs Bryan at the next PPV to decide who the real champion is (lol 3 time WWE Champion D-Bry! Woo!) Enjoy your 'WWE month' (3 weeks) of build.

Top Bottom