• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

Toki767

Championship-poll-results.jpg

It's silly that they even put him on there over Bret or Shawn or Rock.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Miz is still a face right?
When is Triple H going to bury him? 'Must See Champion? You think they were paying to see you, Mike?' Mike is what Mr. H would say.

Miz is still a face right?
When is Triple H going to bury him? 'Must See Champion? You think they were paying to see you, Mike?' Mike is what Mr. H would say.

i would actually pay for a PPV to see this.

"welcome to the real world, Mike. you're not a draw, you're just a jobber we keep around for media stuff."

Just watched the PPV, might be the worst of the year. As much as they sucked, I'm pretty sure ER and MitB at least progressed shit. This shit wore me out by the time Shield showed up, and I fuckin love those guys. Bryan's win was pretty anticlimactic especially since nothing happened post-match. Though now I'm looking forward to Raw, so good job I guess.

The crowd in this PPV seemed so dead. Then it hit me that all the heels won except Bryan (and I guess RVD by DQ).
Miz won. Everybody lost.

Kaladin

Yeah, that wasn't a great PPV. Ambrose vs Ziggler should have been good but yeah...not. Punk can't even save an Axel match, and we get another lesson in "when wrestlers finally get ahold of ex-managers, it's not as entertaining as the fans think it will be....actually, it can be uncomfortable....see Brett vs Vince". Bryan vs Orton was ok, but it's Orton and I can't even find a reason to care about Orton when he's wrestling a machine like Bryan.

And they have to replace Orton....that match just showed that Bryan is at least on his level if not better when the whole idea that Bryan was a B+ and Orton was main event.

They broke their own angle by doing that finish too soon I think. Should have been more shenanigans than we had.

antonz

Whole PPV felt like they had bigger plans then just shelved it all and at the last minute changed things up.

Nothing of signifigance happened and all the storyline pre ppv was basically ignored. The bryan angle is already being botched it seems and if it keeps up before the end of the year we will see 7 time WWE Champion Daniel Bryan bcause they have to screw him and he has to keep overcoming because apparently they cant book too long term.

Orton was basically shown to be the bitch. Handed the title that HHH even said he was just given to hold and couldnt hold it. Who are they gonna try and claim deserves to be the face of the WWE instead of Bryan now?

Kaladin

Bad PPV won't bring me down....bring on GTA V. I hate you if you're getting it at midnight. I'm getting it Tuesday and have to wait till I get off work to play it.

Bad PPV won't bring me down....bring on GTA V. I hate you if you're getting it at midnight. I'm getting it Tuesday and have to wait till I get off work to play it.

This is basically where I'm at too. GTAV hype is out of control, I'm getting The Wonderful 101 same day, NFL bringing the entertainment, next gen's coming, Breaking Bad's being amazing, a bunch of other shows are being amazing, the weather's cool again and has come to vanquish the horrible heat. All's good.

WWE and they're crappy execution can't bring me down either. Plus who didn't see this coming? Might as well just mentally check out until Survivor Series or TLC, this angle ain't going nowhere.

PPV was random as f**k.

So boring, dead crowd, stupid matches.

Then the one match I cared about, my boy D-Bry, time to win his belt back!!! etc. I never once thought he was actually gonna win it, makes no sense to give it back to him now they already ruined his first win when they shouldn't have at least now stick to their long term booking guns.

NOPE

D-Bry wins! And I can't even enjoy it again because I'm just like lolfastcount lolHHHincoming lolsomethinggonnahappen....

NOPE

Ok?

So D-Bry is gonna be like 12 time champion by the time he gets to WM cause they're gonna keep giving it to him and taking it away straight after? :\

Makes no sense.

Like now they want to edit the Summerslam match but with this PPV's afterwards ending?

OH WELL WHO CARES?

Daniel Bryan is WWE CHAMPION! :D

d-bry_yes6.gif

strobogo

Banned
Ryback is a strange choice for a new Heyman Guy considering Punk defeated him in every contest they had from October to January, he's been a loser of every important match since October, and really hasn't had much to do besides turn into a member of the O'Doyle family. I like the Big Guy, I think his walk is hilarious, I like seeing him throw dudes around for serving him cold soup. I hope that character isn't dropped for Heyman. At least he is more believable than Curtis Axel. No one even tried to pretend that he was anywhere near the level of Punk, not even Heyman. Not only that, we'd seen Punk defeat Axel at least twice before the PPV.

Hopefully Paul has Ryback beat up Axel and they find something else for him to do.

Striker

Ryback is the muscle version of Big Shoe. There to punish guys on shows like RAW or Smackdown, but be defeated in the PPV. He's lost every time to Punk and Cena when they've held the strap. I doubt that changes.

Ryback would benefit from being with Heyman full time I think. This is a good thing.

I'm not so sure, he's been pushed as a main event threat before and it didn't work because he's pretty bad in the ring and constantly loses, I don't think anything's changed on that end. I'd much rather see them use the angle to push somebody new who could be a credible threat to or at the very least could have great matches with Punk. On top of that I was really enjoying Ryback's bully gimmick (which could also have been used to get the new face over) and feel this will at least shift the focus off that. It just feels like they finally realised Axel makes a terrible Paul Heyman guy, yet the guy they're replacing him with is only slightly better in the role.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Should have been Sin Cara. He would have put himself through the table on accident and the gimmick could be that he fucks up every time he needs to protect Heyman or do something useful.

strobogo

Banned
Do you think being company man heel GM was what WWE had in mind for Brad Maddox when they brought him up? Or hired him in the first place?

Kaladin

I'm not so sure, he's been pushed as a main event threat before and it didn't work because he's pretty bad in the ring and constantly loses, I don't think anything's changed on that end. I'd much rather see them use the angle to push somebody new who could be a credible threat to or at the very least could have great matches with Punk. On top of that I was really enjoying Ryback's bully gimmick (which could also have been used to get the new face over) and feel this will at least shift the focus off that. It just feels like they finally realised Axel makes a terrible Paul Heyman guy, yet the guy they're replacing him with is only slightly better in the role.

I would rather see Heyman paired with someone who needs the help like Ryback than someone who has just been called up to the roster and hasn't been given the chance to shine on their own yet. Heyman / Ryback could be similar to the Heyman / Lesnar pairing the first time around. Ryback just needs to find that intensity and Heyman can bring it out of him.

G-Fex

Ryback can be an amazing heel, a big muscled menace if booked right assuming he doesn't screw up any spots

Ryback can be the Cyberdemon of the WWE.

Forkball

I know everyone is complaining about Ryback, but he's way more entertaining than Curtis Axel. Axel has done nothing impressive his entire WWE career outside of his legendary GENESIS promo. I don't like them just throwing guys on Heyman though, kind of brings down the whole "Paul Heyman guy" idea.

Kaladin

I like Ryback. He brings intensity and can be ok in the ring when he has someone that can work with him. He just needs the right material to bring out that intensity. Bully Ryback was good filler, but I think being placed in Punk's bubble universe and going against Punk for a couple of months (maybe even over Punk) would do a lot of good for him. Heyman will help him on the mic and Punk will help him in the ring.

Every PPV is a raw lol

Not true. Summer Slam was awesome. It had 2 legit main events. 1 would never happen on Raw/Smackdown/NXT/ETC, the other has but was never given the time or the sense of importance.

In fact, I said last night that Night of Champions broke the PPV streak.

Also, all of the polls were terrible. Not so much because of who won but because of the people on them. It was like WWE revisionist history. And lol at Sting and Hogan winning.

Kaladin

Not true. Summer Slam was awesome. It had 2 legit main events. 1 would never happen on Raw/Smackdown/NXT/ETC, the other has but was never given the time or the sense of importance.

Also, all of the polls were terrible. Not so much because of who won but because of the people on them. It was like WWE revisionist history. And lol at Sting and Hogan winning.

I think the results could have been a plant. Sting winning fits with WWE's backhanded promotion of Sting lately. It really feels like someone wants him in WWE and is putting the word out there subtlety. Also, the Hogan result could be to play into the angle with Triple H and his ego because really.....Triple H should get more than 4% in a poll like that.

strobogo

Banned

DX being on the list at all for best tag team champions is ridiculous. HHH/HBK rarely teamed up in 1997 and were a comedy tag team feuding with cheerleaders in their other run as a team. If they really wanted an Attitude Era team, they should have picked NAO. Or Hardys/Dudleys/E&C. DX was just silly.

Kaladin

DX being on the list at all for best tag team champions is ridiculous. HHH/HBK rarely teamed up in 1997 and were a comedy tag team feuding with cheerleaders in their other run as a team. If they really wanted an Attitude Era team, they should have picked NAO. Or Hardys/Dudleys/E&C. DX was just silly.

That's another reason I think at least the WWE Championship poll was a work. DX was put on there to satisfy H's ego backstage, since it was already planned that he would tank in the big poll.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I want Sin Cara to do a Coyote and the Roadrunner gimmick where he tries to catch Hornswoggle but always falls into his own traps.
I also want a weekly segment where Scott Steiner and Iron Sheik have a debate, moderated by Ultimate Warrior.
Hit me up Vince, I can start immediately.

WWEs version of civil war is goin to be crazy.

Whose side are you open? Triple H as tony stark and heyman or Bryan as cap.

Bringing in Xavier Woodsto make a clone
Of bork that kills jobbers

Or the return of the deadly game tourney

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Got GTAV early, but I have work to do all day obviously and then at night. Don't think I'll even get to play! The gift is wasted on me!

That being said I am now doing a daily podcast during the workweek, a first for me in my yeeeears of podcasting. If you want to listen, http://gamesonly.libsyn.com~

Top Bottom