• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

Wait a minute, they're staying in YOUR house and you can't play YOUR game in YOUR house? You know when you move out that you get to make the rules for your own place.

I'd rather them not seeing their own son shooting virtual hookers for money, and then using said money to buy virtual weed.

But that's just me being weird :p

Gotta keep up dat good son image, bro.

strobogo

Banned
Disco is a good worker.

Who else would come out in a WCW PPV 3-4 times that night ,cause they had no idea what they were booking.

Good man.

He was a perfect mid card guy. It was ridiculous when TNA tried to make him a top heel. Then again, TNA made Jeff Jarrett their top heel for 5 years. Double J is the ultimate mid card guy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Double J never should have EVER advanced past the midcard. His greatest work was when he did MMA against kids.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Since Stro's time with WCW is almost over I thought I'd list my favorite guys from that era in no particular order.

Meng
Disco Inferno
Scott Norton
MONDAY NIGHT Jericho
Ultimo Dragon (still quite possibly my favorite wrestler of all time)
La Parka
Raven
Dean Malenko
Saturn
Chavo
Eddie
Alex Wright (but only with Disco)
Kanyon

and an off and on again liking/hating of DDP.

I watched every single WCW Nitro I could from the one directly after Wrestlemania XIV until the end, so I basically caught almost none of the rise, a bit of the peak, and all of the fall of the show. My buddy and I used to call each other up every Monday and stay on the phone all three hours and quite a bit of joking happened during that first hour in 1999-2001.

Thunder was always terrible. The pecking order for WCW was always Nitro>PPV>tNitro House Show>Saturday Night>Thunder. What a waste of two hours. It became a total embarrassment when Smackdown started and completely blew it away in ratings. The only really memorable moment was when an actor won the World Championship in 2000.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He was a perfect mid card guy. It was ridiculous when TNA tried to make him a top heel. Then again, TNA made Jeff Jarrett their top heel for 5 years. Double J is the ultimate mid card guy.

WWE made the ultimate mid card guy one of their top 2 guys.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Since Stro's time with WCW is almost over I thought I'd list my favorite guys from that era in no particular order.

Meng
Disco Inferno
Scott Norton
MONDAY NIGHT Jericho
Ultimo Dragon (still quite possibly my favorite wrestler of all time)
La Parka
Raven
Dean Malenko
Saturn
Chavo
Eddie
Alex Wright (but only with Disco)
Kanyon

and an off and on again liking/hating of DDP.

I watched every single WCW Nitro I could from the one directly after Wrestlemania XIV until the end, so I basically caught almost none of the rise, a bit of the peak, and all of the fall of the show. My buddy and I used to call each other up every Monday and stay on the phone all three hours and quite a bit of joking happened during that first hour in 1999-2001.

Thunder was always terrible. The pecking order for WCW was always Nitro>PPV>tNitro House Show>Saturday Night>Thunder. What a waste of two hours. It became a total embarrassment when Smackdown started and completely blew it away in ratings. The only really memorable moment was when an actor won the World Championship in 2000.

I can't argue with ANY of this, your list is impeccable. You like the same dudes I did. They were trying to make caviar out of fish eggs. Polishing a turd. They did all they could with what they had.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Disco Inferno is king of comedy heel mid carders. He's the heel version of Santino basically. Entertaining, easy to hate, works well enough in the ring.

Disco did start to get slightly over at various points in his WCW run but they always made sure to depush him regularly. I've only heard rumors of what happened to him in TNA but I can't really see him working out as the top heel in any capacity at all.

He is a guy I could totally see on a major roster today though. Heath Slater is well on his way to being Disco 2.0 but he might need a bit more in ring polish to get on his level.

strobogo

Banned
I think Alex Wright's stock shot up a ton with me during this. He was legit good and rarely got a chance to show it, but when he did, you could tell he was a real wrestler. I'll do a full fave five (or more) and least fave Konnan, plus gifs. It's easy to see that this was the beginning of the end.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think Alex Wright's stock shot up a ton with me during this. He was legit good and rarely got a chance to show it, but when he did, you could tell he was a real wrestler. I'll do a full fave five (or more) and least fave Konnan, plus gifs. It's easy to see that this was the beginning of the end.

Alex Wright got a raw deal near the end with Berlyn. Was a shame. He's the bomb.

Toki767

I'll never forget when they revealed on TV that Stone Cold and Debra were married. Like...what?

I wonder when they're going to actually reveal Brie and Bryan's relationship and then have Orton attack her. The hug on Raw was a start I guess, but they didn't really acknowledge it.

strobogo

Banned
Alex Wright got a raw deal near the end with Berlyn. Was a shame. He's the bomb.

Everyone got a raw deal at the end.

I wonder when they're going to actually reveal Brie and Bryan's relationship and then have Orton attack her. The hug on Raw was a start I guess, but they didn't really acknowledge it.

They've acknowledged it and Cena/Other Bella's relationships on TV multiple times since Total Divas started.

somedevil

To get ready for AJ Styles shoot promo tomorrow lets review another classic one. The Tony Schiavone shoot promo on Mike Tenay on NWA/TNA PPV 1/30/03. It also includes Vince Russo repeating the crap theat killed the WCW. It also includes whiney gum chewing Douchbag AJ Styles, David Flair, fat Road Dogg and the The Rock 'n' Roll Express in 2003.

Amazing they turned this shit around to be good by 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq50noHOuJ8

Real talk Dr death should be in the hall of fame

inducted by Johnny Ace

i2efvHLc0t7BQ.gif

also i had no idea that Inoki was in the HOF.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
To get ready for AJ Styles shoot promo tomorrow lets review another classic one. The Tony Schiavone shoot promo on Mike Tenay on NWA/TNA PPV 1/30/03. It also includes Vince Russo repeating the crap theat killed the WCW. It also includes whiney gum chewing Douchbag AJ Styles, David Flair, fat Road Dogg and the The Rock 'n' Roll Express in 2003.

Amazing they turned this shit around to be good by 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq50noHOuJ8

Raven looks like Jeff Hardy without facepaint in this.

What is this...face Double J? No guitar?

Kaladin

You know who you might have a shot with? Sunny.....

On her Facebook Page, Tammy Sytch wrote the following:

"Ok so HERE is what I'm looking for in a guy: be gainfully employed so that you can pick up AT LEAST half of the dinner bills... Have your OWN HOME OR CONDO, so that we don't have to worry about waking your family up as we are going downstairs to the basement/your bedroom...be secure enough with yourself to not have to question me when my male best friend calls, texts, or tells me he loves me.... Be at least of average good looks (pretty boys need not apply, I like my men rugged, but please look in a mirror before thinking about asking me out) ... Must have clean, working vehicle... Must have GOOD TEETH (it's what tells if you take care of yourself or not)... Be SINGLE (not separated, dating around, etc). Understand I work around mostly men, doesn't mean banging them all.... Is this really too much to ask???"

1234310_374304722699704_638103277_n.jpg

I know....I'm evil.

strobogo

Banned
That drop kick is awesome. Next year might be the year for Dr. Death to be in the HOF since I assume they'll go for whatever top Mid South guys aren't already in. I think they're going to have to start doing the HOF every other year pretty soon. Pretty much all of the big 80s people besides Savage, Rude, and Warrior are in, everyone that should be in from the 90s is already in. Sting, Savage, Warrior, Rude are the big four left in my eyes.

Ultratech

Double J never should have EVER advanced past the midcard. His greatest work was when he did MMA against kids.

I agree with this statement.

Making kids tap out to the ankle lock was pretty funny.

It's painful seeing TNA suffer like this. I wish I had a pillow big enough to just put it out of it's misery.

Euthanization?

WWE is like wal-mart

it'll never die

It'll die, you just need something catastrophic for it to do so.

There we go I was trying to think of a huge period of terrible.

The WWE was about 10x smaller back then. Remember, even people who hate the current product are still likely giving the WWE money via DVD's such as the recent Mid-South set.

Put it this way, WCW had the worst year in wrestling and it lost $60 million dollars. WWE could lose that much in a year and still have cash left over.

Top Bottom