• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
That slow-mo camera is nice. I look forward to them using it for PPVs during events like Rumble or Money In The Bank.

If you haven't already, try out Pushmo on the 3DS.

Already have it and Crashmo. My favourite new Nintendo IP since Pikmin. Well, maybe tied with Daigasso! if I could figure out how to get Daigasso! and that Wii Channel to work to set up custom songs to play through Wii and thus sound system.

G-Fex

3llIJJ0.png

Hmm...I wonder who said this.

KenOD

Damn, first I get accused of being a nazi, then I get accused of being a racist! Well, I guess the two go hand in hand...but, still. This aggression will not stand, man.

So you've become a clown as a radical gimmick change? You really have to stop following the Matt Borne path for life.

G-Fex

Frankly I think the Diva division is going to be great in the future. The young talent can really turn things around.

O7xrdSG.jpg

So you've become a clown as a radical gimmick change? You really have to stop following the Matt Borne path for life.

Yeah, spoiler alert; it doesn't end well. This is just a temporary gimmick change...although, Borne probably thought the same thing :(

Professor Beef said:
I still can't believe you're not a Texan.

I know, right? I'm sure I would fit right in had I been born in the Lone Star State.

Lambda Piscium said:
that girl looks drugged out of her mind.

FjhueOK.gif

Emma's kind of a sad case for me because I just can't see her keeping this gimmick of awkward weirdo savant when she reaches the main roster, unless they really think it'll sell. I think it would, especially to a particular subset of young "quirky" girls (and just anybody who likes goofy wrestling characters), but it's definitely comedic in a different way than what Vince usually goes for.

KenOD

They let Maddox keep his "utterly awful at everything he does and refuses to believe so", likewise Wyatt family despite everyone believing that would go. So ignoring Shield and Big E (who will soon be a face and comedic hopefully), it's possible for Emma to keep it.

She's really quite good at being a serious wrestler though or one with a mean streak that is not "mean girl" of typical WWE diva fare. A change wouldn't be the end of her, not with her talent and Regal and Lance Storm's praise behind her.

Penguin

Silly question, but figured would pose it anyhow

What would you call Bryan's running knee?
They can't keep referring to it as the move that beat John Cena at Summerslam

jmdajr

Not sure.

Heck does he even have a nick name yet?

You know... like showstopper, rattlesnake, rated r superstar?

KenOD

Depends really. "A + Knee" if they wanted to market it as something they could yell out.
Its actual name in Busaiku Knee for what Bryan keeps calling it, with Steph and HHH constantly telling him "Japanese words don't sell, that's why you will never be the face" or something along those lines.

They let Maddox keep his "utterly awful at everything he does and refuses to believe so"

And it's literally one of my favorite things ever. They could've even had him just be an incompetent ref and not in league with Heyman and such. It would've been hilarious.

My favorite Maddox Marquee Moment was when he hopped the rail looking dapper as fuck, to do commentary on Main Event with Cole. Cole was astoundingly confused as to why he was there and surprised security didn't haul him away. Maddox also tried to pull to commercial without being directed to and it was glorious

Sweet Face Music

:p

"The move that beat John Cena" is almost as good as Undertaker's "that submission!"

Of course knowing WWE we will eventually get a name that sucks so lets set expectations low.
The Beard Shaver
Modified dropkick
Running Knee 03

I will take the suggestion of battering ram.

jmdajr

So when does Shawn start getting involved in all this? I guess that's next at some point.

And maybe have HHH hire back Brock, because well.... all hatred aside.....it's GOOD FOR BUSINESS.

imBask

Banned

"that very unexpected but also pretty original move that hits like a train"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Name D. Brine's knee...ugh.

I dunno...

I really honestly have nothing. Nothing that sounds good.

Kaladin

Evolve is running two shows this weekend....both are On Demand as the internet in the buildings is crap.

On Saturday 9/21, the promotion will debut in Ridgewood, NY at the Guzman Sports Lounge, a really small, intimate facility, featuring:

*EVOLVE champion AR Fox vs. Anthony Nese with Mr. A & Su Yung
*Johnny Gargano & Trent Baretta vs. Rich Swann & Ricochet
*Style Battle Four Way Elimination Match: Josh Alexander vs. Biff Busick vs. Maxwell Chicago vs. Green Ant
*Style Battle: Four Way Elimination Match: Lince Dorado vs. Drew Gulak vs. Shane Strickland vs. Mr. Touchdown
*Young Buck Tag Team Invitational Match #1 - Chuck Taylor & Orange Cassidy vs. Dos Ben Dejos
*Young Buck Tag Team Invitational Match #2 - Jigsaw & The Shard vs. The Bravado Brothers
*Matt Jackson of The Young Bucks vs. Caleb Konley
*Also scheduled are Brian XL and more.

On Sunday 9/22, EVOLVE will debut in Brooklyn at the Lyceum, featuring:

*Evolution's End - The Final Chapter (EVOLVE rules inside the ring, No Rules Outside) - EVOLVE champion AR Fox vs. Ricochet
*Open The Freedom Gate Champion Johnny Gargano vs. Rich Swann - Stipulation to be announced.
*Style Battle Finals
*Freestyle Featuring other Style Battle Competitors.
*The finals of the The Young Bucks Tag Team Invitational

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I guess dragonsbreath knee could be ok I dunno. dragons are nerdy. nobody likes that nerdy shit. It should sound powerful goddammit.

QUAD CAP STRIKE

Top Bottom