• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

Alucard

Banned
OH SHIT DIXIE GOING IN DEEEEEEEP!

AJ Styles...THE MARGINAL ONE!

"I can't remember the LAST TIME you had a five star match!"

This is fucking beautiful.

CM Punk 2011 happening in TNA RIGHT NOW.

somedevil

Really? trying to repeat something that happened 2 years ago is a good idea?

A bored CM Punk.

With 4 hours of sleep.

Who doesn't know how to cuss.

That caused most of the problems in the first place.

Alucard

Banned
Really? trying to repeat something that happened 2 years ago is a good idea?

All wrestling does is rinse and repeat. I don't care as long as I'm entertained. And this angle is different than the Punk angle since AJ is talking about other wrestlers and how Dixie is the enemy...not a wrestler like Cena.

I gave up on TNA 2-3 weeks ago, but I gotta say that promo exchange actually got an emotional reaction from me, which is far more than I can say about almost anything they've done over the past year. I still think they're gonna get totally destroyed in the end, but this was good television.

All wrestling does is rinse and repeat. I don't care as long as I'm entertained. And this angle is different than the Punk angle since AJ is talking about other wrestlers and how Dixie is the enemy...not a wrestler like Cena.

I gave up on TNA 2-3 weeks ago, but I gotta say that promo exchange actually got an emotional reaction from me, which is far more than I can say about almost anything they've done over the past year.
I agree. I thought it was pretty good from both sides. Actually didn't see Dixie crapping on styles like that.

Yeah that last exchange was actually a pleasant surprise. it was the first thing that really grabbed my attention. Shame that it came up at the very end of the program.

Of course, all this metavisual promo-cutting only makes the parallels between late TNA and late WCW stronger than ever...

Alucard

Banned
AJ should win the title and trash it or walk and do some Indy promotions, like Punk should have done.

That would be so fucking cool. And have Dixie play heel talking about how much better off the company is without AJ. Have Morgan come back as Dixie's muscle and champion, only to have AJ Styles appear at the next major PPV after Bound for Glory.

I don't see how anyone can possibly say that last segment was "bad." If you thought that was bad then you've become completely jaded and just aren't able to enjoy wrestling anymore. Dixie Carter...DIXIE CARTER...was actually believable in a promo. I loved the emotion from both her and AJ.

I don't see how anyone can possibly say that last segment was "bad." If you thought that was bad then you've become completely jaded and just aren't able to enjoy wrestling anymore.

Yes, that's exactly it. I couldn't possibly think it was just hokey and dumb, it had to be exactly what you said.

Yes, that's exactly it. I couldn't possibly think it was just hokey and dumb, it had to be exactly what you said.

Beef, hush. You clearly don't enjoy wrestling anymore, it was evident before long before this segment. You're just in here to troll with your weird contrairian opinions. You and like 5 other people.

Beef, hush. You clearly don't enjoy wrestling anymore, it was evident before long before this segment. You're just in here to troll with your weird contrairian opinions. You and like 5 other people.

YOU'RE ONE OF THE FIVE

GAFFERS AND SIXES
How would you have written it differently?
Is this going to turn into one of those things where if i say " I dunno" you're going to fire back with "well if you can't think of something then don't complain lol" or something? Because I don't know why all of a sudden you're itching to defend a TNA segment just because I thought Dixie was being dumb.

Alucard

Banned
YOU'RE ONE OF THE FIVE

GAFFERS AND SIXES

Is this going to turn into one of those things where if i say " I dunno" you're going to fire back with "well if you can't think of something then don't complain lol" or something? Because I don't know why all of a sudden you're itching to defend a TNA segment just because I thought Dixie was being dumb.

Don't get me wrong, I think TNA is fucking awful 90% of the time. Just thought that segment was the first positive and emotion stirring thing they've done in ages. It probably won't go anywhere good, like most TNA storylines which end up as train wrecks, but as a standalone segment, I thought it was really good.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I watched the last half hour as well waiting for MH Tri Ultimate to download and yeah...

Like everything even semi decent on TNA they'll ruin it somehow. At least Hogan is probably gone in ten days.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It was still a decent worked shoot and an ok attempt at a heel turn by someone who is terrible at acting/public speaking/being a decent human being.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Some of TNA's recent personnel decisions have been downright vile, so yes. She's not being called evil for being bad at promos though.

Striker

I don't see how anyone can possibly say that last segment was "bad." If you thought that was bad then you've become completely jaded and just aren't able to enjoy wrestling anymore. Dixie Carter...DIXIE CARTER...was actually believable in a promo. I loved the emotion from both her and AJ.
It's certainly something new. And they needed to put AJ more in the spotlight. Like putting Triple H as a premiere main event person isn't new, sorry it's been at least 13 years of that non stop.

You don't need me anymore wrasslegaf: http://imgur.com/gallery/l9XPr

YBs37EW.gif

To be clear, I didn't make that.

rcNnPnG.png

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

WCW Thunder 12/17/98

The very last Thunder of this project! So excited. The show opens with a graphic for the death of wrestler/referee Brady Boone. We'll talk to RIc Flair's family tonight.

Recap of Steiner trying to get Lex to join the black and white. However, the audio was Borked and no one noticed. Even though it was a taped show, it still made it to air with no audio over the recap video.

Konnan vs Kenny Kaos WCW TV Championship

Kaos has one of the tag titles with him. It actually looks like a replica. Regardless, he isn't really a tag champion. Rick Steiner picked him for one show, replaced him with Judy Bagwell, then she got "hurt", then Rick got injured legit. The tag titles haven't been mentioned since before Halloween Havoc. Now this jerk off comes out with the title, even though he's wrestled since then without bringing his fake title that he didn't even fake win. Steiner and Buff interrupt the announcers to say they're on Lex's side. Konnan won. Robbie Rage came out after the match and argued with Kaos over the tag title.

TO THE BACK.
The Flair family arrives in a limo. BUT WHO WAS LIMO?!

Recap of Flair's heart attack.

Mike Enos vs Fit Finlay

Production errors every where. This shit isn't even live and they have random camera shots, no audio on the recaps, wrong names, and in Finlay's case, not even getting a title plate. Finlay knocks the shit out of Enos for a bit. Enos does a weird muscle buster kind of thing. Finlay wins with a small package OUTTA NOWHERE. Enos attacks after the match, continuing his gimmick of "Guy who loses to roll ups on Thunder and gets mad about it".

ibtfJglRDXNEEP.gif

Fuck, maybe the show is live. They say live even on the taped shows. Scott Hall comes to the ring. Hall has Luger in the main event. He's got respect for Flexy Lexy. Hall has no friends, no family, no ring music. All he has is wrestling.

Tony announces that Kidman vs Rey vs Juvi will happen at Starrcade. We're then shown a few weeks of matches to show why. WCW always does this totally backwards. They tell you everything and give you the analysis on the angle, then run the footage. The normal way would be to show the video and then talk about it.

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs TAFKATAFKAPI

The LWO followed Prince out. Eddie doesn't want Prince to go to the ring. Prince is a pussy, so he walks to the back. Instead, Eddie sends Juvi to the ring.

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Juventud Guerrera

Nothing of note happens in the match. Eddie frog splashed Rey, giving Juvi the win. Prince ran out and told the ref, who reversed the decision.

TO THE BACK.
Steiner and Buff find Lex in the back. They tell him not to trust Scott Hall. Konnan comes in and tells them to leave. Konnan was then attacked out in the hall. Lex heard it and found Scott Hall standing over him. Hall said it wasn't him, but Lex shoved him away.

Shiima vs Disco Inferno

Disco comes out in a Wolfpac shirt. Disco wins easily with the Chartbuster.

iyCycLCbsT03a.gif

EARLIER TONIGHT.
The Flairs arrived.

Jerry Flynn vs Norman Smiley

Let's see if we can get a gif as good as the one from Saturn/Norman. Norman Conquest for the win. Not even a good dancing gif.

Chris Jericho vs Saturn

Jericho didn't even get a pre match of any kind. Jericho gets the better of Saturn at the start. He gets cocky and eats a superkick. Saturn does his kick combo in the corner. Gargolye suplex. Jericho throws the ref in the way of a top rope lariatoo. Cat runs out and gets suplexed. Cat recovers and knocks Saturn out. The ref recovers to see Saturn in the Liontamer and calls the match. Jericho got his eye busted open sometime during the short match.

i9nnRX4W7cUu1.gif

TO THE SCHIAVONE. We welcome Ric Flair's family to the ring. Actually, it wasn't even an interview. Tony announced them and they came out to sit in the front row.

Scott Hall vs Lex Luger

Disco came out for this. Buff and Steiner also came out. They attacked Hall. Konnan ran in to make sure Lex didn't beat up Hall. They attack Buff and Steiner instead.

TO THE SCHIAVONE
. Tony invites the Flairs into the ring. Bischoff comes out. He appologizes to the whole family. He not only says that David will be a great wrestler, but that Reid will grow up to be a great adult. He then beats up David. Crush and Windham come out. Crush holds Reid back while Barry throws David around. He then goes to the floor and forcefully kisses Beth Flair.

iK64Qwc4MH9I7.gif

And so ends the last Thunder of this project. Thank god. Two Nitros and Starrcade are all that remains.

Top Bottom