• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

Kaladin

Season 8 was worse than 5, 6, and 7. It had zero tension all season, random characters added with no resolution, completely illogical plot points even by the standards of Dexter and TV in general, and one of the weirdest endings I can imagine.

Imagine Vince Russo writing shows while half asleep on Quaaludes.

You got me to thinking....what would a Vince Russo scripted television series be like?

How many times would two groups of characters fight over something hanging from a pole?

Raw isn't bad just doesn't need to be 3 hours and doesn't need my full attention as how like breaking bad does.

Also can watch new Japan or PWG for quality

jmdajr

Raw isn't bad just doesn't need to be 3 hours and doesn't need my full attention as how like breaking bad does.

Also can watch new Japan or PWG for quality

Raw is perfect for casual viewing.

Now with the kid I can still do that, but videogames? No time for that at all.

I'm not bitter about it or anything, things are just different.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
BTW I may have pictures later, I decided to do an XCOM run with nothing but WrassleGAFfers.

The bad news? Senor "Santa" Lariato had a storied career of over 50 alien kills, but perished on a mission due to a disgusting crit that did 20+ dmg.

strobogo

Banned
You got me to thinking....what would a Vince Russo scripted television series be like?

How many times would two groups of characters fight over something hanging from a pole?

"I am the one who knocks!"

"You only knock because Vince Gilligan likes you. I should be getting top billing, BITCH!"

Previously, on Dexter:

"My dark passenger is gone. I don't need it any more. All I have left is Hannah and my sister, Deb."

"This show fucking SUCKS shitballs. You fucked around on me when we were married. I'd turn this shit off right now and watch Breaking Bad."

BTW I may have pictures later, I decided to do an XCOM run with nothing but WrassleGAFfers.

The bad news? Senor "Santa" Lariato had a storied career of over 50 alien kills, but perished on a mission due to a disgusting crit that did 20+ dmg.

Some didn't make it out.

Me, on the other hand :D

I stayed home

strobogo

Banned
Nitro_02151999_0117.jpg

Nitro_08241998_0142.jpg

WILD_08081998_0095.jpg

2.jpg

Ultratech

Seasons 1-4 are good. Beyond that? Bail out like I did.

Breaking Bad, on the other hand, is pure goddamn class

Yeah, I went and watched like the first 3 season through Netflix last year.

My sister loved watching the hell outta Dexter.

I liked S1 and S2, and S3 was alright, but had some pretty ridiculous stuff start popping up.

By S4, I started getting burnt out and I knew what happened at the end of that season anyhow.
So I haven't watched anything much beyond that.

Lariat-NOOOOOOOOO!

Huh, interesting read.

I laughed at Asexual Hideousness.
Where's the blue dot?

I want to write a Legit Shook thing but I have no idea what I'd tackle for subject matter. Also I'm really busy right now at work for at least the next month and probably shouldn't spend any of my free time on wrasslin anal-sis.

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

WCW Thunder 1/7/99

Ric Flair is president, but the nWo has reunited and Hulk Hogan is once again the WCW Champion.

The show starts with a recap not of what happened on Nitro, but of the Flair/Bischoff feud. 5 full minutes of it. Bischoff is no longer on the announce team. "It was one of the worst broadcasts we've ever had....as an announce team." Ric Flair will deal with Bischoff later in the show.

We're then shown the end of Nitro. After the beat down, Goldberg challenged Nash to a fight as the Atlanta Falcons hit the ring as back up.

TO THE MEAN BY GOD GENE. This building reeks of tradition. 10 years from now, Hogan and Nash will have to explain to their kids how they made a mockery of pro wreslting. Luger, YOU SUCK, PAL. He feels like it all falls on his shoulders since he's the one that booked the match. Bischoff better be in Flair's office at 8 AM.

iED0kC8awIfm0.gif

Recap of Jericho convincing Scott Dickinson to DQ Saturn.

The Cat vs Saturn

I thought this feud ended pretty decisively at Starrcade. Saturn is back to trunks. Cat doesn't even get promo time. Lots of kicks. Gargoyle suplex. Sonny Ono gets hit. T-bone. Falcon Arrow. Saturn is on a roll. Chris Jericho came out and pulled the ref out of the ring. Cat rolled Saturn up. Scott Dickinson ran in and rang the bell immediately. Cat wins! Saturn throws a fit after the match.

TO THE BACK. The nWo B-Team are waiting as the reformed Wolfpac/nWo PRIME arrive in limos. Giant wants to know why he wasn't contacted about this. BUT WHO WERE LIMOS?!?

Kidman vs Psychosis WCW Cruiserweight Championship

A pop up dropkick sends Hypnosis to the floor. Slingshot cross body. We come back from break and they're both on the floor. Not sure why. Kidman hits the rebound lariatoo and a BK Bomb. YOU CAN'T POWERBOMB KIDMAN. Juvi runs in before the SSP can be hit. Don't start this shit already. Juvi SPIKES Kidman with a spinning head scissors. Hypno hits the leg drop. Rey comes out and takes both guys out with a cross body. The Wolfpac come out take all four guys out. Hypnosis gets the cattle prod. Hogan talks about Flair always being in his shadow. The B-Team come out. Giant isn't very happy about any of this. Hogan blames Giant for Flair being in charge because the big guy dropped the ball. The fat is about to be trimmed. There is only room for one giant in the nWo. Big Sexy is that giant. If Giant can beat Nash, he can take his spot. It will happen on Nitro.

i4Q1fyCWkOUTn.gif

TO THE LEVY'S. Raven, his mom, his grandma, his sister, and Kanyon are hanging out in the house. Kanyon hits on his sister. Raven doesn't want to go back to the institution or continue his treatment. They all squabble and argue.

Bam Bam Big Yellow vs Jerry Flynn

Jerry gets a jobber entrance and eats the Greetings From Asbury Park in about 30 seconds.

TO THE MEAN GENE. Barry Windham and Curt Hennig. I wonder where Rick Rude went. They're going to kill David. Gene asks them if they're soft. Maybe. They were both in their 40s.

TO THE BACK. Gene catches up with Juvi as he's trying to leave the building. "You don't have to talk Mexican to me!" It sounds like the Wolfpac has Eddie.

Disco Inferno vs Chavo Guerrero Jr.

Disco has his own shirt now. Pepe has a neck brace on. Chavo out quicks Disco. Pepe then rides Chavo. Do you think Chavo has a Mr. Hands video out there? They trade atomic drops. Snap suplex from Chavo. Norman comes out and molests Pepe. Chavo knocked him off the apron, but turned around into the Chart Buster.

Super Calo/Lizmark Jr. vs Fit Finlay/Dave Taylor

Oh shit. These masked men are about to get fucked up. Fit and Calo start out. Calo tries a springboard lariatoo, but slips and barely connects. Fit sold it like a champ anyway. Taylor comes in and Lizmark gets tagged in seconds later. He does the robot, much like he did at WW3, but gets knocked on his ass. Finlay misses a Vader Bomb. Lionsault from Lizmark. Finlay Roll. Taylor wins with a butterfly suplex into a pin. The full nWo come out. Man, I'd LOVE to see Finlay stiff the shit out of Hogan just once. Cattle prods for everyone. There is a tag team tournament starting, but Hall says it won't happen and the reason why there is no tag team wrestling on Turner is because The Outsiders were undefeated.

La Parka vs Booker T.

The last time they had a match, Book hit a spine buster so hard that something flew out of the ring. Parka gets thrown to the floor and feigns an injury. It was all a trap to get Booker to follow him. The camera only shows his dancing from the hips up. Perhaps TBS had the same people who censored Elvis working for them. They brawl until Parka hits an enziguri. Spinning kick from Book. Ax kick. Spinebuster reminiscent of the NFL. But Parka goes right back on offense seconds later. He brings the chair in the ring. Van Harlemsidekickinator! Booker wins.

ibsIWLleRGAB1z.gif

TO THE LEVY'S. They're all out by the pool. Their neighbor, Jim, stops by. Kanyon gets bumped into the pool. Jim stops by to talk to the family. Raven is upset that they occupy his friend's time. Sandman in a polo and canary yellow boat shorts and generally being a rich WASP is THE BEST.

ifDB3DTcLcSmk.gif

TO THE BACK.
La Parka is down on the floor with a chalk outline of his body and NWO on the floor.

Konnan vs Chris Jericho

Jericho attacks during Konnan's rap bullshit. Good. That cunt. Konnan is the only nWo guy not to be out with the MEGA nWo. And Sting, but he doesn't count since he's been out since October. Scott Dickinson got bumped. Jericho got an international object out and hit Konnan. Saturn pulled Dickinson out of the ring and counted the pin for Konnan.

Chris Benoit vs Barry Windham

Nice. Main event time. I feel like even at Barry's worst, this could be a really solid match. This goes to the floor right away. Chops for everyone. Benoit goes for a hockey style beat down. Dragon screw. Barry hits a low blow and his awesome DDT. It's so smooth and flowing. I remember when he did the Impaler for a bit in 1992/1993 and just MURDERED guys. Floating suplex. Benoit comes back with a snap suplex that was almost a DDT. Gutwrench suplex from Barry. Ref bump. Benoit's mullet is growing back out. Hennig runs in and right into the Iron Crossface. Barry stomps Benoit's head and gets the win. Mongo runs in after the match. This was only about 5 minutes, but it made me want to see a solid 10-15 minute PPV match between them.

ihytEdA12fO2Y.gif

I like how Dexter is infecting every single damn thread. I'm glad I was kinda buzzed when I was watching it. I may have kicked my tv in otherwise.

......maybe I should start drinking before I watch Raw.

McFadden is rubbish odds to score 1 Touchdown - so not doing that

He is 6/1 to score the First Touchdown. Is that likely?

It's on ESPN which I think you guys get

Just checked. ESPN UK does not have the rights to NFL. However, Eurosport does - and it is on there a 1:30AM (a half an hour after RAW starts).

Read it. It's not worth watching, but you probably won't believe it unless you see it.

Would the end makes sense to me if I stopped at Episode 1, Season 5?

I know jumping in late is a bad idea, and I got angry at people for doing similar stuff to Fringe / Lost in recent years, but I cannot bring myself to catch up when word of mouth on this show is so bad!

Sokantish

I seriously doubt he scores the first TD because I imagine the Raiders offense will struggle and the Broncos offense will just tear through the Raiders

strobogo

Banned
Would the end makes sense to me if I stopped at Episode 1, Season 5?

I know jumping in late is a bad idea, and I got angry at people for doing similar stuff to Fringe / Lost in recent years, but I cannot bring myself to catch up when word of mouth on this show is so bad!

Yes. Almost nothing at all that happened in seasons 5, 6, or 7 had any impact or bearing on season 8. The only thing that happened in those seasons that carried over is that Deb found out about Dexter and Dexter is in love with a fellow serial killer from season 7. There is literally nothing else from those seasons that have any thing to do with season 8 and especially the finale. You can basically watch it and pretend it happened shortly after the start of season 5 and it would be about the same.

Yes. Almost nothing at all that happened in seasons 5, 6, or 7 had any impact or bearing on season 8. The only thing that happened in those seasons that carried over is that Deb found out about Dexter and Dexter is in love with a fellow serial killer from season 7. There is literally nothing else from those seasons that have any thing to do with season 8 and especially the finale. You can basically watch it and pretend it happened shortly after the start of season 5 and it would be about the same.

Okay, I will try and hold off and watch it next Sunday. I actually thought
Rita dieing
(season 4 / 5 spoiler) could have lead to some decent stuff, and when I heard they were bringing in Yvonne Strahovski (I liked her in Chuck) I thought that was decent too - but it is a pity it all lead to nothing.

Top Bottom