• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

Just watched Cesaro/Zayn 2/3 Falls, and fuck, man, that match. Only problem was A-Ri commenting, he just sucks. "This reminds me of that time I attacked Miz!" yeah dude we get it, you knew Miz, now talk about Cesaro's glorious chinlock

Aiii

So not worth it
20130828_LARGE_AJ_Promo_L.jpg

wwe.com put up a pretty awesome playlist: http://www.wwe.com/videos/playlists/raw-microphone-moments

Joey Styles quiting WWE is still amazing.

Marvel

could never
Just watched Cesaro/Zayn 2/3 Falls, and fuck, man, that match. Only problem was A-Ri commenting, he just sucks. "This reminds me of that time I attacked Miz!" yeah dude we get it, you knew Miz, now talk about Cesaro's glorious chinlock

Totally.

Every match he talks about himself which is highly annoying considering he never became a star in the first place... lol.

Aiii

So not worth it
Give the guy a break, he's been on commentary for only a few weeks now. I think he's doing fine so far, given how green he is.

It's just a nitpick i had with an otherwise MotY contender. I need Regal explaining to me why Cesaro applies a chinlock better than anyone else.

Also, I like that Rusev guy, he's got a pure old school gimmick, and i dig it. Big dudes dishing out spinning heel kicks and top rope splashes are always good to have.

Tyler Breeze has the best voice in the WWE. Like, he's not the best promo guy or best talker or anything but his high pitched condescending voice and his angry voice are just things i need to hear way more of. On that note, CJ Parker totes sucks.

EDIT: Hahaha, god damn, Enzo Amore totally does have a different look every week

The guy who sucks on commentary in NXT is the guy who is always there that screams "FOR THE WIN!". Fuck that guy so annoying, then he tries to spin it into other things "FOR THE PIN!"

Also thread title is botched I keep going to the other thread. Thread Title should be Month| WrestleGaf | Stupid title

The other guy is a load of meh, but he hasn't actively annoyed me too much yet

I'm loving how over Enzo Amore is, he's so good.

Sasha Banks is totally turning heel, isn't she? Really Summer Rae is the only heel NXT diva they have, and i'd prefer that they not use Tamina or Aksana anymore

Marvel

could never
Nice to see another Enzo fan in here, haha.

I too was impressed with Rusev. That spinning heel kick he did was nice.

Totes. This feud is two Jersey bros up against a redneck and a Muay Thai Bulgarian guy managed by a Frenchman that looks like latter day Macho Man. NXT is rad.

Speaking of rad, how great was the promo in this week's episode? Sami Zayn and Renee Young is already a great start (ups to the AM! tee) but then fricking Bo Dallas appears and skyrockets himself in my head to the #2 heel in the company behind HHH, in that there's nothing I want more than the fiery babyface to win the title off him. Then Zeb appears to accuse Zayn of being an illegal.

I love NXT so much

Aiii

So not worth it
Also thread title is botched I keep going to the other thread. Thread Title should be Month| WrestleGaf | Stupid title

No. You are wrong.

First off, it's Month Wrasslin' |OT|

And secondly, this Triple H |OT2| and if you don't agree with that we'll send the man to get you. It's time to play the game.

Ithil

CJ might even be worse than Bo. I can at least now tolerate Bo's ironic promos, even if his in ring stuff is still terrible. CJ Parker is just bad all around. There is nothing enjoyable about him. He's currently the biggest misstep in NXT, including Bo Dallas.

Even for wrestling acting, he's bad.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
To this day, Heenan tearing up at his HOF induction when he said he wished Monsoon was there is probably the saddest wrestling moment ever for me. More than any deaths and tribute shows. Never has there been a moment with more feels to me. It makes me want to cry just thinking about it.
Agreed. The hurt in his voice was almost tangible. Wonderful HoF speech. Goddamn.

Ithil

rsz_20111210_metropro0385.jpg

More NXT name changes, Ryan Drago has apparently been given the name Simon Gotch. I guess he's keeping the old timey gimmick.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Technically, even an avatar change could be considered a gimmick change.

See: Sunflower McMahon.

This avatar was the fresh coat of paint I needed.

More NXT name changes, Ryan Drago has apparently been given the name Simon Gotch. I guess he's keeping the old timey gimmick.

lol excellent.

Marvel

could never
Speaking of name changes, I hope they change Adrian Neville's surname once he gets called up. The name is not good enough for a man of his talent.

Neville... urgh.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of name changes, I hope they change Adrian Neville's surname once he gets called up. The name is not good enough for a man of his talent.

Neville... urgh.

Shoulda named him Ape Drapes or something. He REALLY needs to do something about his ears. I dunno what options he has though. Wear a mask?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So I've been loooooving the shit out of my Chromecast - been watching SO much wrasslin now that it's really easy to have on all the time, but I need your help.

Post a video - any video, wrasslin related whether it be a documentary, a show where wrestlers appeared (WCW Family Feud is amazing) or a wrestling match or show, and I'll happily put it on my Watch Later list and enjoy.

Anything you think I should see, sometime, I'd love to see it. It feels liberating, like I don't have a job anymore - I feel like I can watch anything!

So I've been loooooving the shit out of my Chromecast - been watching SO much wrasslin now that it's really easy to have on all the time, but I need your help.

Post a video - any video, wrasslin related whether it be a documentary, a show where wrestlers appeared (WCW Family Feud is amazing) or a wrestling match or show, and I'll happily put it on my Watch Later list and enjoy.

Anything you think I should see, sometime, I'd love to see it. It feels liberating, like I don't have a job anymore - I feel like I can watch anything!

Does your tab streaming work? I can never get it working for longer than like 5 seconds...and fullscreen video is a wash. Though I really just need Twitch support for it and I'm good, since I can turn on my HTPC for the rest

I should make you watch some of the godawful shows I've had to help produce! :p

FWE I'm looking at youuuuu

Edit: Here, enjoy this: Jon Davis (Sans Sex Robot) vs Chuck Taylor - No Disqualification

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Does your tab streaming work? I can never get it working for longer than like 5 seconds...and fullscreen video is a wash. Though I really just need Twitch support for it and I'm good, since I can turn on my HTPC for the rest

I should make you watch some of the godawful shows I've had to help produce! :p

FWE I'm looking at youuuuu

Edit: Here, enjoy this: Jon Davis (Sans Sex Robot) vs Chuck Taylor - No Disqualification

It works, but I'm not a big fan of it. I just use the embedded button on Youtube and won't bother with much else until I run out of content to watch or feel antsy.

Adddddded.

BFIB

I still cannot find a Chromecast anywhere. I just need to order one on Google and be done.

You got Netflix? Then you need to watch That 70's Show Season 1 Episode 15.

somedevil

The Raw ratings breakdown with the big winners Bryan, Punk and AJ for the 18-49 demo:

The latest teaser for C.M. Punk getting his hands on Paul Heyman generated the highest-rated quarter-hour rating of this week's Raw episode.

WWE's latest version of Daniel Bryan running the gauntlet also delivered again, scoring nearly an identical rating in Q8 among the key demographic of males 18-49.

The over-run - with the conclusion of Bryan's gauntlet vs. The Shield and tension rising for someone to help D-Bryan - then jumped to the highest over-run rating since we began tracking the m18-49 quarter-hour demos in May.

Specific Numbers: 2.39 m18-49 rating for the Punk-Heyman teaser in Q5, 2.38 rating for the Bryan Gauntlet in Q8, and 2.83 rating for the over-run (vs. 2.75 rating over-run last week).

The remainder of this week's Raw hovered in the middle-ground of a 2.0-2.2 rating.

Within the quarter-hours, it's worth noting that A.J. Lee's brief "worked shoot" promo on "Total Divas" drew the most-watched minute of the show prior to the over-run segment.

For Viewer gains:

"Punk and Heyman Segment gained over 680,000 viewers for a 3.4 rating, a tremendous gain and segment, the star segment of the night"

"Bryan Gauntlet gained over 1,090,000 viewers to a 3.7 rating, the best over run segment in a long time"

"Randy Orton and Christian Lost 140,000 viewers at 10PM, horrible gain for that segment"

Basically Bryan won big and I believe got close to 5 million people watching him at the end. The angle is working right now. Also, they will blame Christian for the 10pm fail.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I still cannot find a Chromecast anywhere. I just need to order one on Google and be done.

You got Netflix? Then you need to watch That 70's Show Season 1 Episode 15.

Wrestling ep? Sure, I'll give it a go. I enjoy That 70s Show.

Marvel

could never
Shoulda named him Ape Drapes or something. He REALLY needs to do something about his ears. I dunno what options he has though. Wear a mask?

How long you think it'll take to recover from ear pinning? fuck it a mask will do. Not sure what I'd re-name him... I'll think on it.

Great ratings for Bryan.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How long you think it'll take to recover from ear pinning? fuck it a mask will do.

lol.

Hey it's a valid solution! All it'll take is one Cena promo calling him Dumbo and his shit will be ruined.

Marvel

could never
Hey it's a valid solution! All it'll take is one Cena promo calling him Dumbo and his shit will be ruined.

Shit... you're right. Not necessarily Cena doing that though lol.

Maybe he can just grow out his hair more like D-Bry, he wears it wet too that doesn't help.

Ithil

The Raw ratings breakdown with the big winners Bryan, Punk and AJ for the 18-49 demo:

For Viewer gains:

Basically Bryan won big and I believe got close to 5 million people watching him at the end. The angle is working right now. Also, they will blame Christian for the 10pm fail.

Welcome to the Age of Bryan.

WRESTLE-1's debut show on September 8th is going to be an iPPV, you can pre-order it now for $20 over at;

http://www.ustream.tv/w-1

Card;

1. Women's Pro Wrestling Match: X vs. X
2. Inaba Debut Match: Hiroshi Yamato & Taiki Inaba vs. X & X
3. Ryota Hama & Yasufumi Nakanoue vs. X & X
4. KAI Return Match: KAI vs. X
5. Minoru Tanaka & X vs. X & X
6. Kaz Hayashi & Shuji Kondo VS. X & X
7. Masakatsu Funaki & Masayuki Kono vs. X & X
8. Keiji Mutoh & X vs. X & X

The card is still mostly x's, but I'm interested to see what surprises Mutoh can pull for their big debut.

Top Bottom