• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

Perfect time to turn Cena heel when he comes back.

Its writing itself.

Cena a corporate champ. Orton a corporate champ.

But what do I know.

The only thing that looked bad was Show no selling all of Bryans offense including his knee finisher, he could have at least stayed down for a two count.

He didn't take the knee finisher. It was a regular running dropkick. And he was selling perfectly fine.

What was bad is this shitty rerun ending from last week and the week before. I thought they'd at least give D-Brine a hope spot. But apparently HHH forgot that that's how you bring a quiet crowd like that up after you deflate them with a heel beatdown. Or maybe he never learned it.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
But but but guys, it's a build. They'll make Daniel Bryan look good...

Stop being a smark.

Well, it is a build, and its being done old fashioned. You're going to have to pony up in a few weeks to see D Bry get payback, and thats how it should be done. Either this week or next week, DB will get a little victory to make it look not so one sided, but he'll get completely clowned the monday before the PPV.

As far as the big show goes, I don't see the point, other than before I thought he and MH were going to fight the shield for the tag titles. Now I'm guessing they're booking NOC like Return of the Jedi and Show is going to throw Mr H down the shaft.

Its writing itself.

But what do I know.

This is what should happen. I also see them booking Daniel more like old Corporate mankind. Never considered good enough for the title. Stone Cold is obviously Punk.

Infographic of every wwe title change by year

kWksIOf.jpg

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
According to that Grantland interview with HHH, not really. Apparently, she doesn't have as much involvement as people think.

And, please! Like HER HUSBAND gets no say, lol.

He gets say, but Vince, Stephanie, and Michael Hayes are above him. He works with indiivudal personnel. The overarching interactions between characters and long term booking, that's all supposed to be Steph.

Notice how creative tends to just do the same thing over and over and over again ffor 3-4 weeks? (See: Wyatts, NXT invasion, The Shield, the AJ love quadrangle where AJ came out and skippeda round causing a distraction at the end of every show, and now this Bryan angle)

That's all creative dept.

Well...it's a slow build. They can't break D Bryan mentally, so they try it physically. He gets a little victory every now and again, but he's clearly the lil' underdog here. He should lose 90% of these encounters

but what the fuck at this Big Show shit

somedevil

Basically Bryan has gotta get some payback either at Smackdown or definitely at Raw because its in Toronto and the WWE knows its going to be a hot crowd which is the best time for him to get one on Orton. He has too because at the pay per view there will be a screw job finish.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
According to that Grantland interview with HHH, not really. Apparently, she doesn't have as much involvement as people think.

And, please! Like HER HUSBAND gets no say, lol.

She's in charge of all the social media bullshit

Its writing itself.

But what do I know.

They could easily create the Hogan Bash at the Beach moment for when Cena returns.

Hogan = Cena
Macho = Bryan
Hall = HHH
Nash = Orton
Mean Gene = Renee

This NeoCorporation angle is lumbering, yo. The ending segments take too long for so little to happen. And I don't care about Orton, HHH, or The Big Show.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Basically Bryan has gotta get some payback either at Smackdown or definitely at Raw because its in Toronto and the WWE knows its going to be a hot crowd which is the best time for him to get one on Orton. He has too because at the pay per view there will be a screw job finish.

Right, the issue is that they really didn't do anything with the angle this week.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
This NeoCorporation angle is lumbering, yo. The ending segments take too long for so little to happen. And I don't care about Orton, HHH, or The Big Show.

See, I think Orton coming in at the end like that is getting him great heat. He becomes what Bryan says he is, he claims the glory and did none of the work. They need to do something with Big Show quick. This crying shit is awful.

Ithil

Austin got plenty of ones over on the Corporation, even if they beat him down a lot. This is less Attitude Era, more nWo.

Lunchbox

Banned
remember when you nerds thought this would be a good story but then smart people said lol no hhh is involved have you not learned anything over the last 2 decades of hhh on your tv but you were like no no this time he wont ruin it cause he learned he will actually let the build happen instead of dragging him and his wife over this cause he needs the heat like he needs oxygen and but you didnt believe cause you are a buncha mark cunts

well

Qj7sF.gif

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Austin got plenty of ones over on the Corporation, even if they beat him down a lot. This is less Attitude Era, more nWo.

Bryan is less Stone Cold and more Mick Foley though. He got way more beatdowns than wins, especially against Mr H

Penguin

Infographic of every wwe title change by year

kWksIOf.jpg

Wonder which year Russo was head booker...

The problem with the Bryan stuff now is we're 2 weeks from the PPV and we haven't really been given any reason to believe Bryan can win

Like I thought the promo at the start of the show was going where Orton promised no one would interfere with the match at NoC, but not even that

It even got the spray paint stuff going on as well.

This is why was against them continuing the angle on SmackDown, or if you do.. make Bryan come out on top on those shows when he faces Barrett or Ryback.

Cena's. Not. Turning. Heel. When he turned, Hogan was getting booed by the entire audience and his merchandise wasn't selling. Cena merchandise is still flying off the shelves, the WWE has no replacement to send to 100 Make-A-Wish requests, and he's still cheered by a large part of the audience.

Cagey

Banned
Can't really blame them I guess. They probably figure it's Labor Day and the viewer count just simply won't be there to begin with.

Next week is the debut of Monday Night Football, Redskins and RG3 v. Eagles under Chip Kelly.

It can't possibly be ratings.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Cena's. Not. Turning. Heel. When he turned, Hogan was getting booed by the entire audience and his merchandise wasn't selling. Cena merchandise is still flying off the shelves, the WWE has no replacement to send to 100 Make-A-Wish requests, and he's still cheered by a large part of the audience.

Bo Dallas

The problem with the Bryan stuff now is we're 2 weeks from the PPV and we haven't really been given any reason to believe Bryan can win

He'll win, by DQ.

* About to beat Orton
* Shield run in for the DQ and beat down
* HHH and Big Show come out to watch
* Show finally stands up to make the save
* Show fired, turns heel starts beating down Bryan
* Cena comes back, makes the save.
* Cena tries to pick up the Big Show for the AA and HOLY SHIT he manages to do it.
* Bryan gets sucked into the Punk dimension and has some great matches.
* To replace Bryan, the final countdown music hits and out comes Bo Dallas to announce his new run on RAW.

the Punk/Heyman stuff and ADR/RVD stuff feel like they're in their own little bubble, and I don't think they have to be. I love when a whole show is booked with all these tentacles that interact and feel like a whole instead of just 10 individual bubbles that seemingly are just all in their own world. It's very Heyman. I feel like Punk should probably acknowledge how much changed since July. Maybe have HHH be like "fuck Punk, long as he stays out of our way, he's good for THIS BUSINESS."

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'm actually in favor of this storyline. It's giving multiple guys TV time and a purpose, and they might actually start caring about SD.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hopefully in Toronto next week Bryan gets beat down by the Shield during a handicap match with Rated RKO while the roster looks on from the top of the ramp.

I love this build up and think it is going somewhere.

Penguin

He'll win, by DQ.

* About to beat Orton
* Shield run in for the DQ and beat down
* HHH and Big Show come out to watch
* Show finally stands up to make the save
* Show fired, turns heel starts beating down Bryan
* Cena comes back, makes the save.
* Cena tries to pick up the Big Show for the AA and HOLY SHIT he manages to do it.
* Bryan gets sucked into the Punk dimension and has some great matches.
* To replace Bryan, the final countdown music hits and out comes Bo Dallas to announce his new run on RAW.

Which is my point

Like, you don't pay to see a DQ finish
And that's what this angle has shown... if Bryan is about to win.. send in the Shield for a beatdown.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

uh. Hogan was extremely popular when he turned. He essentially replaced Ric Flair as the bad guy it was cool to like.nWo shirts sold like hotcakes. Yes Hall and Nash had a lot to do with it, but Hogan helped make that angle. If nobody bought in to him, that angle would have flopped big time.

Cena isn't going to be around forever and even longtime relationships can sour (see Hogan/Vince). John Cena can still do his make a wish visits, heels do that stuff to.

Joeki11a

Banned
Quit dreaming, that was Eric and Hogan going all out for a big angle to change wcw forever.

WWE doesnt have that type of attitude
They want him to be Sting forever loved
Never heel

the Punk/Heyman stuff and ADR/RVD stuff feel like they're in their own little bubble, and I don't think they have to be. I love when a whole show is booked with all these tentacles that interact and feel like a whole instead of just 10 individual bubbles that seemingly are just all in their own world. It's very Heyman. I feel like Punk should probably acknowledge how much changed since July. Maybe have HHH be like "fuck Punk, long as he stays out of our way, he's good for THIS BUSINESS."

VJC, what are you doing? I thought you gave up Raw and constantly berated me for being unable to quit. Now you're making posts I should be making. WAT R U DOIN

And yes to your idea, but they have no idea how to write shows like that. Plus 3 hours is too long.

Alucard

Banned
I'm really enjoying the slow build of this storyline. I'm going to say those who aren't have had their attention spans ruined by years of games and boom boom explosion movies. #heelremark

Penguin

Here's how Raw should have ended

Orton/Rhodes should have been the main event and Bryan causes Orton to lose in some fashion.

Still get Rhodes over, and give Bryan his first major volley in the feud.

Joeki11a

Banned
Here's how Raw should have ended

Orton/Rhodes should have been the main event and Bryan causes Orton to lose in some fashion.

Still get Rhodes over, and give Bryan his first major volley in the feud.

He is getting married wtf

They told you basically "oh and Rhodes loses"

Penguin

He is getting married wtf

They told you basically "oh and Rhodes loses"

And?

The idea is to build sympathy for the character
Which the match did

But you have Bryan help him to screw over Triple H's "good for business" crap, and you have some dynamic to the feud now.

I'm enjoying it

But it's been 5 shows of Bryan on his back with Orton posing in a row.

Top Bottom