• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

Kaladin

Have you guys done anything that is good for business today? I wrote my entire group proposal for my team Spanish project because I don't trust those jobbers.
#goodforbusiness

I promoted two shows on Facebook that I helped book at my friend's dive bar. Trying to get people to pay $5 for good music when they're used to seeing any old cover band or dj in a college town is hard.

Not an accurate depiction of DAT ASS.

p7l.gif

Jesus!

Anth0ny

- March 26, 2001 – The Raw & Nitro Simulcast

Highlights from this episode include: Chris Benoit & The Hardys vs. Kurt Angle, Edge & Christian; “Chris Jeri-Doink” and The Rock & Steve Austin vs. Undertaker & Kane

nfs1nr7sax.gif

So Kassius Ohno won a tag match last night. Maybe he is emerging from the dog house? He has been looking much slimmer lately too. Might be too late though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It is almost getting to the point of being unbearable. The Cerny worshipping might be the worst of it all.

Wait until Project Eternity comes out and retroactively makes all other games cease to exist. And people continue their vanilla taste of only liking what's well liked from the past.

He's one of my favs. I hope things work out for him.

I think things were a little blown out of proportion with him being taken off of TV. I'm sure they wanted him to lose weight and he seems to be doing it.

For all we know he could be on the verge of being called up.

Meltzer reported that he was taken out of the NXT promo, but he's been out for a month at least.

Ambrose never even made it to NXT and didn't do a ton of dark matches.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It is almost getting to the point of being unbearable. The Cerny worshipping might be the worst of it all.

Almost all Cerny fanatics show their age that way. PS3 was their first console when they were in middle school, WEIRD statements like that. Dude's made a lot of shit games.

Wait until Project Eternity comes out and retroactively makes all other games cease to exist. And people continue their vanilla taste of only liking what's well liked from the past.

Yes. It could.

Those Kojima threads are killing me.

So sad. Reminds me of those pedo-gaf anime threads where people justify incest and kids fucking. Brrrgh. Gross.

Gaming side makes me feel bad anytime I go there because I really like video games, but nobody else seems to over there.

If you've played it, it's shit. If it's not out yet, it's incredible and your mind is made up.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
NXT:

Paige's eyebrows are horrible.

So is Emma turning heel? They going to have another title match soon (lumberjill bout).

I still think Paige should go heel if she's called up. There is just something unlikeable about her.

Did they really "strip" him of anything? If anything, they've unleashed him, because he's turned out to be a great talker and babyface. As fun as El Generico was, a guy with that much charisma shouldn't be hidden behind a mask and have one word promos forever.

Depends on how you look at it. Sami Zayn probably has a better chance of being the headliner, but El Generico is one of the most marketable midcarders they would have ever had (like... past Hurricane levels). Thankfully Sami is a hell of a lot better than Gregory Helms.

Oh and I never really thought that the mask took anything away from his natural charisma. His eyes and body language alone have some of the best character in wrestling, plus dat mask...

The thread full of people are praising Sony for allowing you to only replace the internal hard drive are insane. I've replaced my drive a couple times and it's a pain in the ass. Going through their back up utility takes 24 hours. If your install freezes it corrupts the drive and needs to be reformatted. The WiiU external solution is way better.

Both systems will be good, but nobody seems to acknowledge the good things both of them do. They would rather post gifs of bathtubs. Which is way weirder than anything posted in here.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The thread full of people are praising Sony for allowing you to only replace the internal hard drive are insane. I've replaced my drive a couple times and it's a pain in the ass. Going through their back up utility takes 24 hours. If your install freezes it corrupts the drive and needs to be reformatted. The WiiU external solution is way better.

Both systems will be good, but nobody seems to acknowledge the good things both of them do. They would rather post gifs of bathtubs. Which is way weirder than anything posted in here.

You're challenging...us?

nfs1nr7sax.gif

Toki767

Theoretically install times shouldn't be a problem with the PS4 since you can start playing a game immediately after starting a download. I do hope they use a better screw though. They need the self twisting ones that don't require a screwdriver.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm just waiting for GTA to be out. I'm so fucking bored right now with games. Kingdom Hearts will last me a week, but there's nothing I really want until next gen and even a bunch of the next gen launch stuff is like 'eh that looks kinda cool'

Like I watch Watch Dogs video and go 'yeah i'll play that' but I stopped watching GTA videos because I was already getting so excited that I don't need to have any more spoiled for me. AC IV looks kind of cool too, but it's on that same tier as Watch Dogs.

Kaladin

I'm just waiting for GTA to be out. I'm so fucking bored right now with games. Kingdom Hearts will last me a week, but there's nothing I really want until next gen and even a bunch of the next gen launch stuff is like 'eh that looks kinda cool'

Like I watch Watch Dogs video and go 'yeah i'll play that' but I stopped watching GTA videos because I was already getting so excited that I don't need to have any more spoiled for me. AC IV looks kind of cool too, but it's on that same tier as Watch Dogs.

I just got Diablo III for PS3, I think I'm set till GTA V at least.

What system is everyone getting GTA V on?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I guess you don't PC game? PC's been having a hell of a summer. Also I'm passing on Shit Dogs. The game hates black people, and I'm not down with that.

360. I'd rather wait for PC, but I have to have a video series about it happening while its relevant.

Theoretically install times shouldn't be a problem with the PS4 since you can start playing a game immediately after starting a download. I do hope they use a better screw though. They need the self twisting ones that don't require a screwdriver.

I'm more worried about total storage space. I'm going all in on digital this gen, and I can't imagine 1 tb being enough. I filled a 1tb drive on my PS3, so i can imagine filling twice that on the PS4.

I could grab a 3 tb and be set for the consoles life if it supported external drives.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm totally going all-digital with the Bone and PS4. I'm done with physical bullshit. I'm not a half-baked Amish luddite. "But what if the servers go down!" then I lost my fucking money I don't give a goddamn.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I guess you don't PC game? PC's been having a hell of a summer. Also I'm passing on Shit Dogs. The game hates black people, and I'm not down with that.
I like PC games like X Rebirth. I don't like shitty art school dropout 'i'm so deep' games like Gone Home or Brothers.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like PC games like X Rebirth. I don't like shitty art school dropout 'i'm so deep' games like Gone Home or Brothers.

I played Shelter and Dream. They're no replacement, but it pains me to even bother with any consoles of mine. They're so fucking old now...can't handle it. I stopped playing Remember Me in disgust because it wasn't on PC and I could see so much being sacrificed.

I'm worried GTAV will make me feel the same way, but it's not like there's a choice.

gurudyne

Stuck with the 360 due to console inertia. Never got a PS3 which sucks because the only thing the 360 has exclusively that I use/like at all is Halo. Missing out on Journey, Infamous, Naughty Dog games, free multiplayer, "free" Netflix box. Mass Effect used to be on the list of 360 benefits, but then the trilogy pack came out for the PS3. MS really screwed the pooch for their console in these later years.

Will probably get PC one day if the game impresses me enough (and if it exists--still pissed about RDR). Can't wait to see what crazy visual enhancement mods the PC community can give it.

Kaladin

In addition to being GTA Month, September is awesome live music month.

Grateful Dead - Sunshine Daydream - finally releasing an epic lost Grateful Dead show that has been bootlegged to hell and back but the release should be in perfect quality

Metallica - Through The Never - my first IMAX experience is with my favorite band on the big screen....hype levels high

Black Label Society - Unblackened - an acoustic BLS show? I'm in.

Nirvana - Live And Loud - Finally, a DVD release of the best Nirvana show ever documented (it aired on MTV and has also been bootlegged to hell and back)

Toki767

I think I'm going to skip out on GTA V. I still haven't even played IV and by all accounts, that game seemed to have been severely overhyped. I'll pick it up if it comes out on PC or if a next gen version really is being made.

I was going to hold out on getting GTA 5 until there was a PC version or PS4 or something but screw it, I'll get the PS3 version and hope for the best.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wasn't going to go digital with next gen
but then I thought about GTA V and I thought about having to wait in a line to get it at midnight and even though it only takes like 20 minutes.... ugh.

As long as Sony can promise me the games AT midnight(or midnight EST so I get it at 11 like how Nintendo does it) i'll be fine. They need to promise it for their first and third party, and they need to let me preload. If they don't do those things, I won't buy digitally.

Kaladin

I wasn't going to go digital with next gen
but then I thought about GTA V and I thought about having to wait in a line to get it at midnight and even though it only takes like 20 minutes.... ugh.

As long as Sony can promise me the games AT midnight(or midnight EST so I get it at 11 like how Nintendo does it) i'll be fine. They need to promise it for their first and third party, and they need to let me preload. If they don't do those things, I won't buy digitally.

Fuck midnight lines. Amazon delivers to my front door and it's there when I get home from work at 5pm.

Top Bottom