• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck midnight lines. Amazon delivers to my front door and it's there when I get home from work at 5pm.

17 hours after you COULD have had it! Also, I've had far too many 'release day delivery' fuck ups to realize it doesn't hurt to get up off your ass if you actually want a game and get it at midnight. It's a preorder guarantee for a reason.

If you're talking shit about Marble Madness I'm going to have to bury you.

Marble Madness is fucking horrible. I am talking shit about it. This is correct.

I don't work Tuesday so there's no reason for me to wait and let UPS get to decide when I play. Especially when my UPS driver is a total fuckup.

Yep

Amazon prime > going to store

I used to love it, but...release day fuckups.

EDIT: New page and all this Amazon talk =

yEyfAvs.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Seriously fuck the UPS guy. Its the main reason why I never order shit on Amazon unless I have to. My package won't show up till 6:30 at night and Amazon has really cheaped out on packaging, theres like a 50% chance my box comes in dented. I've had BD box sets just come in completely dented and fucked up.

Marble Madness is fucking horrible. I am talking shit about it. This is correct.

You're a monster.

Kaladin

17 hours after you COULD have had it! Also, I've had far too many 'release day delivery' fuck ups to realize it doesn't hurt to get up off your ass if you actually want a game and get it at midnight. It's a preorder guarantee for a reason.

Seriously fuck the UPS guy. Its the main reason why I never order shit on Amazon unless I have to. My package won't show up till 6:30 at night and Amazon has really cheaped out on packaging, theres like a 50% chance my box comes in dented. I've had BD box sets just come in completely dented and fucked up.

Never once had an issue with amazon shipping, and if I did, they would replace it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Never once had an issue with amazon shipping, and if I did, they would replace it.

Replace your time lost?

hoh hoh hoh, that's the only issue I've had. Sitting around tons of other dudes ALREADY PLAYING

Just can't handle that.

Fuuuuuck, just realised I won't be able to watch Destruction live because Progress Chapter 9 is the same day. Well, I could watch the first half probably, but I'll be on the train up to London by the time Okada's wrestling Kojima :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuuuuuck, just realised I won't be able to watch Destruction live because Progress Chapter 9 is the same day. Well, I could watch the first half probably, but I'll be on the train up to London by the time Okada's wrestling Kojima :(

Contrary to what I've been saying about video games

A little wait won't hurt you. :|

Kaladin

Replace your time lost?

hoh hoh hoh, that's the only issue I've had. Sitting around tons of other dudes ALREADY PLAYING

Just can't handle that.

Eh, I'm over the need to have it first. Just let me have it in a timely manner according to when and how you said you would let me have it and I'm fine with how I get it.

A little wait won't hurt you. :|

True enough. And it's probably better that I don't watch two guys like Okada & Kojima wrestle before going to an indy wrestling show. Not to take anything away from the Progress guys, of course.

Speaking of which, I may as well get in a cheap plug - Progress Wrestling: Chapter's 1-7 are now available as downloads from the Progress webstore;

http://progresswrestling.com/merch/

Well worth checking out if you're interesting in seeing some quality wrestling from British shores. I'd certainly recommend checking out Chapter 7, which was probably the best Progress show yet, as well as Chapter's 1, 4 & 6, which were all excellent as well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
True enough. And it's probably better that I don't watch two guys like Okada & Kojima wrestle before going to an indy wrestling show. Not to take anything away from the Progress guys, of course.

Speaking of which, I may as well get in a cheap plug - Progress Wrestling: Chapter's 1-7 are now available as downloads from the Progress webstore;

http://progresswrestling.com/merch/

Well worth checking out if you're interesting in seeing some quality wrestling from British shores. I'd certainly recommend checking out Chapter 7, which was probably the best Progress show yet, as well as Chapter's 1, 4 & 6, which were all excellent as well.

But Bootaaay, what is it that makes Progress so exciting? You say "quality wrestling" but surely there's a hook that makes it appeal to wrestling fans!

But Bootaaay, what is it that makes Progress so exciting? You say "quality wrestling" but surely there's a hook that makes it appeal to wrestling fans!

It's just good wrestling in front of a loud and vocal (and drunk) London crowd with a good sense of humour. The commentary's pretty low-key, but it's never intrusive and they mostly let the matches (and the audience) do the talking. The young talent they have on the shows are, from what I've seen, some of the best in the UK, mixed with more established British wrestling talents and travelling imports like Ricochet, also, while it's still 'indy wrestling', there's a good variety of wrestlers and wrestling styles across the cards and nothing's ever too over the top. Really, though, the atmosphere plays a big part. The Garage in Islington's a pretty small place, but it's in the heart of London and the crowd are always very lively, invested in the product and react well to the wrestling on display.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's just good wrestling in front of a loud and vocal (and drunk) London crowd with a good sense of humour. The commentary's pretty low-key, but it's never intrusive and they mostly let the matches (and the audience) do the talking. The young talent they have on the shows are, from what I've seen, some of the best in the UK, mixed with more established British wrestling talents and travelling imports like Ricochet, also, while it's still 'indy wrestling', there's a good variety of wrestlers and wrestling styles across the cards and nothing's ever too over the top. Really, though, the atmosphere plays a big part. The Garage in Islington's a pretty small place, but it's in the heart of London and the crowd are always very lively, invested in the product and react well to the wrestling on display.

If you enjoy PWG but can appreciate more grapples instead of superkicks, Progress is the show for you!

Kaladin

So that "Wrestling Revolution Project" thing is never actually happening, is it? Must suck for the people who kickstarted it.

Look at any money you throw into a Kickstarter as money you throw away. If you get something in return, great....if not...eh, you contributed to a failure....better luck on your investments next time.

Ithil

Look at any money you throw into a Kickstarter as money you throw away. If you get something in return, great....if not...eh, you contributed to a failure....better luck on your investments next time.

People who call them investments are silly. They're donations.

Kaladin

People who call them investments are silly. They're donations.

With a donation you don't expect anything in return, with an investment, there is a promise of a return but a chance of failure.

Any way you look at it, the people who call them pre-orders are the ones who are silly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have Maia, Eternity, Planescape, Star Citizen, Shovel Knight, Double Fine, and previously Shadowrun kickstarted from Kickstarmania.

But I quit after that. I'll wait for the releases. Because I bet Double Fine's game will be shit, one of the worst developers around. Don't know how people can think Molyneux is the worst for 'relying on his previous games clout' when Tim Schafer exists.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Double Fine's financial woes were just incredible to me that they happened.

strobogo

Banned
In addition to being GTA Month, September is awesome live music month.

Grateful Dead - Sunshine Daydream - finally releasing an epic lost Grateful Dead show that has been bootlegged to hell and back but the release should be in perfect quality

Metallica - Through The Never - my first IMAX experience is with my favorite band on the big screen....hype levels high

Black Label Society - Unblackened - an acoustic BLS show? I'm in.

Nirvana - Live And Loud - Finally, a DVD release of the best Nirvana show ever documented (it aired on MTV and has also been bootlegged to hell and back)

You're really going to see that? I mean, I like Metallica, too, but I saw the trailer in a theater and it looked so terrible. Why don't they just do a Metallica concert film? Who wants to see Detroit Rock City, but for Metallica? Besides you, of course. In fact, I was initially pretty stoked until it showed to be a movie around a Metallica concert.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Double Fine's financial woes were just incredible to me that they happened.

I think it's funny that every other kickstarted I've funded has just been like 'thank you so much for all this!' and even Inafune lowered his stretch goals fund requirement. Where as Double Fine has been like, 'Oh well thanks I guess but you know shipping this stuff costs money and we need more money and more time and you guys probably should have given us MORE money also we're going to launch another kickstarter before this game comes out and you realize we're mostly terrible. Also we're going to make it a strategy game which focuses heavily on gameplay since, you know, our gameplay is always so sound.'

Sokantish

Dragonzord stop being so hateful! I didn't really see anything wrong with their kickstarter, and I'm perfectly fine with the game getting delayed more and more because I really like watching the episodes they release

Kaladin

You're really going to see that? I mean, I like Metallica, too, but I saw the trailer in a theater and it looked so terrible. Why don't they just do a Metallica concert film? Who wants to see Detroit Rock City, but for Metallica? Besides you, of course. In fact, I was initially pretty stoked until it showed to be a movie around a Metallica concert.

Yeah. On top of being a Metallica fan, I'm a fan of anything done outside the box. It's a concert film, yes....but they've done something extra by creating a movie around the concert film which has been done before, but not that often. I'm excited to see what it's all about, in addition to seeing Metallica on the big fucking screen.

Yeah, Kickstarter is obviously hit or miss. It really depends on the company moreso than the service.

For example, I backed Dreamfall Chapters and Anamanaguchi's album stuff. Dreamfall gives me constant updates, Anamanaguchi does not.

Though to be fair, I think Double Fine got derped in that they were going for a much lower scale project and then got forced into it by the massive amount of donations.

Also the Mighty No. 9 Kickstarter is probably tops in the ones I've seen run so far. Huge pedigree all about, everything explained, here's what you get, realistic funding, stretch goals, etc etc etc.

Now onto the real problem here: Sunflower has to go.

He's stuck in his old ways and likes guns, he's basically the (R) Texas of Wrassle-GAF :p

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Now, Trails in the Sky... THAT is a good Japanese vidya gaem.

The only JRPG makers who hold true to the power of power guitar.

Ithil

With a donation you don't expect anything in return, with an investment, there is a promise of a return but a chance of failure.

Any way you look at it, the people who call them pre-orders are the ones who are silly.

I'm not really expecting a "return", I'm just helping fund a game I want to see get made.

So, this is like my second post ever here in Wrassle GAF, and I was wondering which promotions/time periods/etc do you guys keep up with?

Right now I'm heavily invested in current WWE and PWG, while also going to attempt to do the Best of Japan 2000-2009 ballot, which I'm planning on starting eventually :p. So, what about you, I'll try to frequent this board as much as possible in the future!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, this is like my second post ever here in Wrassle GAF, and I was wondering which promotions/time periods/etc do you guys keep up with?

Right now I'm heavily invested in current WWE and PWG, while also going to attempt to do the Best of Japan 2000-2009 ballot, which I'm planning on starting eventually :p. So, what about you, I'll try to frequent this board as much as possible in the future!

Keep posting more.

I always have a soft spot for all WCW until the end. Stro's been keeping that fire alive for me with his reviews. I also really enjoy 80s WWF. Current NJPW is MOSTLY all I bother watching. Mild on WWE.

Monday Night Raw.

That's it.

Keep posting more.

I always have a soft spot for all WCW until the end. Stro's been keeping that fire alive for me with his reviews. I also really enjoy 80s WWF. Current NJPW is MOSTLY all I bother watching. Mild on WWE.

Oh, I plan on posting a lot more, I'd like to start a project and post reviews here, but we'll see.

And how could I forget current New Japan? I'm in the process of marathoning the G1 right now, ISHII is the man, he's mah boi

strobogo

Banned
I keep up with modern WWE, occasionally New Japan, and 90s WCW. And NXT. But I think my favorite period is actually mid to late 80s WWF/NWA/AJPW. I think I'd like to do something like 1987/88 WWF reviews or 1989 NWA, but it is much more difficult to find full "seasons". WWF had so many shows on syndication and which were renamed other shows with maybe one extra match or new commentary.

But late 80s is my favorite I think.

Unless it's New Japan I don't give a fuuuuuuck

I'm already at most indie shows I work anyways so those don't count

PWG is cool, I should get into that though.

Sunflower got retweeted by ex-1up.com guy, Shawn Elliott, while also burying people that wear wrestling t-shirts (Aiii).

p57lbbg.png

Let's all congratulate our friend.

Aiii

So not worth it
If you lived in a country where nobody knew wrestling, you'd have no problem wearing a Yes-shirt either.

Don't place your insecurities onto me!

I have lots of wrestling shirts I wear in public.

I am part of the problem.

What you, Aiii and Ithil don't realize is that we're all deeply ashamed of our love of Pro Wrestling.

This is strictly a guilty pleasure for us that we only feel comfortable talking about under the shroud of anonymity.

strobogo

Banned
I don't think I'd wear any wrestling shirts made past 1998. And of 90s shirts, nWo and 3:16 shirts are the only one I'd dare wear. I'd definitely rock a classic Hulkamania and Macho Man shirt, though.

Top Bottom