• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

The full Destruction card has been announced;

NJPW, "DESTRUCTION", 2013.09.29

0. Tiger Mask, BUSHI & Takaaki Watanabe vs CHAOS (Takashi Iizuka, Yujiro Takahashi & YOSHI-HASHI)
1. Special Tag Match: TIME SPLITTERS (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA) vs Suzuki-gun (TAKA Michinoku & Taichi)
2. NWA World Heavyweight Title: Rob Conway (c) vs Jushin 'Thunder' Liger
3. Special 8-Man Tag Match: Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma, Captain New Japan & ??? vs BULLET CLUB (Karl Anderson, Tama Tonga, Rey Bucanero & Bad Luck Fale)
4. Special Singles Grudge Match: Minoru Suzuki vs Toru Yano
5. Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi vs Laughter7 (Kazushi Sakuraba & Katsuyori Shibata)
6. Special Singles Grudge Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Prince Devitt
7. NEVER Openweight Title & IWGP Tokyo Dome Contendership: Masato Tanaka (c) vs Tetsuya Naito (c)
8. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Shelton 'X' Benjamin
9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Satoshi Kojima

*note, the mystery partner in the 8-man tag match will be a CMLL wrestler.

Strange to see no tag title matches on there anywhere, but we do probably have a tag league coming up later in the year, be it the World Tag League, or the Super J Tag League.

In other news, there's a scandal developing around Diamond Ring/Kensuke Office - Kento Miyahara quit the company to join AJPW earlier this week and, now, former trainee Jun Nishikawa has accused Kensuke Sasaki & Katsuhiko Nakajima of extreme physical abuse towards their trainees. Akira Sasaki (Hokuto) has denied this and she says Nishikawa "has no honour", but this is a bad knock for the companies image, as the Sasaki's have always strived to present their company as a wholesome, family-run venture, with Sasaki, Akira and their adoptive son Nakajima running things. There's also rumours that Nakajima might leave. Now, I could see him wanting to get booked regularly in a big promotion, but there's no way he turns his back on Kensuke.

Lastly, Akebono will no longer be a freelancer, as he has signed a contract with All Japan - his tag partner in SMOP, Ryota Hama, is now contracted to W-1, so that's the end of SMOP.

Aiii

So not worth it
Roman Reigns is doing wonders for Ambrose, damn that guy is getting buff nowadays. He must be really hitting the gym.

DGault

Neo Member
Im a little behind the times but finally finished watching the last of the G1 shows. An incredible series of shows and I wouldn't have watched them without seeing the gif highlights on here, so I owe wrestlegaf thanks for that!

Also as an old school WCW fan I love seeing the old reviews, reminds me both of how great those shows were and also of how frustrating they became lol. Keep up the good work :p

Jamie OD

In other news, there's a scandal developing around Diamond Ring/Kensuke Office - Kento Miyahara quit the company to join AJPW earlier this week and, now, former trainee Jun Nishikawa has accused Kensuke Sasaki & Katsuhiko Nakajima of extreme physical abuse towards their trainees. Akira Sasaki (Hokuto) has denied this and she says Nishikawa "has no honour", but this is a bad knock for the companies image, as the Sasaki's have always strived to present their company as a wholesome, family-run venture, with Sasaki, Akira and their adoptive son Nakajima running things. There's also rumours that Nakajima might leave. Now, I could see him wanting to get booked regularly in a big promotion, but there's no way he turns his back on Kensuke.

I heard some stories about Sasaki and Nakajima being abusive to their trainees. In one case a trainee hated it so much he ran away in the middle of the night and never came back. Also Nakajima never got it as bad because he was seen as the Golden Child of Kensuke Office.

Watching NXT - I don't normally fast forward anything on this show but the ascension have me reaching for the remote, end the experiment they aren't interesting

Also Paige is fucking terrible on the mic her new hybrid accent is wank and the gimmick is shit, for an anti diva she wears some divaish attire as well.

Also that loudmouths cretin in the front row needs to shut the fuck up

Ithil

I have no idea where "terrible" is coming from. For a 21 year old trying to tone down her accent, she is doing an acceptable job.

You want "terrible", try Sasha Banks.

Aiii

So not worth it
Her accent is adapting because she's exposed to Americans all day every day for a year now. It's inevitable and happens to every Brit that moves to the US.

Kaladin

We have now received the official synopsis for the Raw 20th Anniversary Collection box set on the way for December, and not only does the synopsis reveal even more episodes but also other new details about this mammoth 12 disc DVD/10 disc Blu-ray collection.

“Raw 20th Anniversary Collection: The 20 Greatest Episodes Uncut & Unedited” looks to be the official title of the box set and it will be released on December 3rd. As of right now the slated runtime of all of that footage is listed as 33.5 hours!

Celebrate 20 years of nonstop entertainment with Raw 20th Anniversary Collection: The 20 Greatest Episodes Uncut & Unedited. With over 1000 episodes to its credit, Raw is by far the longest running episodic program in TV history. In this 12-disc DVD / 10-disc Blu-ray collection, WWE presents the 20 most timeless episodes for the first time in their entirety.

From landmark anniversaries, milestones, ratings bonanzas, and unforgettable shows that left a particular mark in WWE history, these episodes represent the rawest of Raw. Including: the highest rated Raw ever; Mania the night after WrestleMania; WWE takes over WCW and simulcasts Nitro; Dude Love interrupts Stone Cold and Mr. McMahon; the original ECW invasion; Homecoming, Raw Roulette, WrestleMania Rewind and so much more!

Featuring John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Mick Foley, CM Punk and all the greatest Superstars in the history of Raw! Plus, Michael Cole and the Bella’s present the detailed facts & figures behind the personalities, matches, venues and all the various quirks that have shaped Raw over the years.

So, going off this second synopsis above, we can now say the following 4 episodes of Monday Night Raw all look to be included on the Raw 20th Anniversary set:

- February 24, 1997 – The Original ECW Invasion

Highlights from this episode include: Stevie Richards vs. Little Guido, D-Von Dudley vs. Tommy Dreamer, The Legion of Doom vs. The Headbangers and The Undertaker vs. Farooq.

- April 13, 1998 – Dude Love interrupts Stone Cold and Mr. McMahon

Highlights from this show include: Skull & 8-Ball vs. Savio Vega & Jose Estrada Jr; Billy Gunn vs. Owen Hart and of course the night long build to Austin vs. McMahon.

- March 26, 2001 – The Raw & Nitro Simulcast

Highlights from this episode include: Chris Benoit & The Hardys vs. Kurt Angle, Edge & Christian; “Chris Jeri-Doink” and The Rock & Steve Austin vs. Undertaker & Kane

- October 3, 2005 – Homecoming

Highlights from this show include: Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle (Iron Man Match); Edge vs. Matt Hardy (Loser Leaves Raw MITB Ladder Match) and John Cena vs. Eric Bischoff.

It should also be noted that the March 26, 2001 and October 3, 2005 (Homecoming) editions of Raw did feature Chris Benoit (even a Benoit win on the former). Given that the set is being promoted as “Uncut and Uncensored” episodes, you’ve got to believe that no matches or segments of shows will be cut out and therefore that Benoit will be included.

Other episodes from the synopsis which we are unable to date are the post-WrestleMania and “WrestleMania Rewind” episodes. We suspect “the highest rated Raw ever” is the May 10, 1999 episode which we revealed last week, along with three other episodes.

In addition to the complete episodes, it looks like the set will also feature segments hosted by Michael Cole and The Bella Twins, judging by the line of the synopsis which reads, “facts & figures behind the personalities, matches, venues and all the various quirks that have shaped Raw over the years”. This could possibly be introduction segments to the episodes, similar to how WWE present Raw episodes on Classics on Demand.

UPDATE: A brief synopsis has now been added to the Amazon.com product listing which reveals three more episodes. The first ever Raw (January 11, 1993), the original DX Invasion (April 27, 1998) and Bret Hart’s return to WWE (January 4, 2010).

Her accent is adapting because she's exposed to Americans all day every day for a year now. It's inevitable and happens to every Brit that moves to the US.

True but it just sounds weird

I'm just not on the Paige train at this station, but she has time on her side

Ithil

True but it just sounds weird

I'm just not on the Paige train at this station, but she has time on her side

I simply don't see "terrible", it seems like a word that should be reserved for people who cannot act or emote at all. Paige's promo was ok, not a great one, not an awful one. That she's improved from her earlier promos is a good sign.

Kaladin

Wow, wwf are selectively choosing a Benoit match?

-edit

Oh, I see, it's just that the match is on the legendary "WCW IS BURIED" ep

He's also on the Homecoming episode from 2005....so it seems like they're at least not ignoring him anymore. They'll probably take the stance in the future of not outright ignoring him, but not celebrating him or going out of their way to talk about him either.

Aiii

So not worth it
He's also on the Homecoming episode from 2005....so it seems like they're at least not ignoring him anymore. They'll probably take the stance in the future of not outright ignoring him, but not celebrating him or going out of their way to talk about him either.

Actually guys, this was news a month ago:
As we’ve reported previously, this will be a compilation of all Money in the Bank ladder matches that have taken place to date in WWE. We can now fully confirm that the first MITB match from 2005 is included in the DVD, and not shown in highlight form.

1st Ever Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Chris Jericho vs. Chris Benoit vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Edge vs. Christian vs. Kane
WrestleMania · 21 April 3, 2005

Ondore

He was also in Wargames 1997 which was on the Wargames set. There's a lot of muted commentary, since he can't be acknowledged to do anything good, but the match is otherwise uncut.

Kaladin

He was also in Wargames 1997 which was on the Wargames set. There's a lot of muted commentary, since he can't be acknowledged to do anything good, but the match is otherwise uncut.

WWE advertises the Raw set as "uncensored and uncut" so if they want to live up to that, they don't do that on this set.

I simply don't see "terrible", it seems like a word that should be reserved for people who cannot act or emote at all. Paige's promo was ok, not a great one, not an awful one. That she's improved from her earlier promos is a good sign.

I was being a bit hyperbolic (yay Gaf word) I admit

It was a million times better than the angry scream promo the other week

I also remember Big E being terrible on the mic once in NXT and now he's godly

Who else is hyped for the Mid South Blu-ray this week?

HYPE

The Rock N' Roll Express vs. The Midnight Express
Shawn Michaels vs. Ted DiBiase
Ric Flair vs. Ted DiBiase

Sound like they could be great matches. The promo sections should be good given it's bill watts. Do we have match/promo length times available?

Ithil

I'm really interested to see how he goes over with the crowds on the main shows. From the "Olay" chants it seems a lot of the heat he gets at NXT comes from fans of his Indy work.

Maybe at first, but after his first few matches and interviews I think he just endeared himself to the crowd in general.

XenoRaven

Sami Zayn was in the best Jack Swagger match since like 2011 and he can cut face promos without being a pandering douche bag bully. I think he has a bright future.

Seems Sami zayn is on the dark match circuit .

Hopefully he'll come in and Yakuza kick the skulls off of Los Matadores in their debut.

Maybe at first, but after his first few matches and interviews I think he just endeared himself to the crowd in general.

They've stripped him off his mask, his chant, his theme, and the only move in the world more over than the RKO and he still manages to be the hottest commodity in NXT. Dude is a star.

Kaladin

I'd imagine he's getting a call-up after that 2/3 falls match on NXT. Or at least getting looked at to see if he's ready. That's one thing I don't like about the current NXT system. Guys should have to spend at least one year or so on NXT to give the NXT bookers a chance to work with them because WWE pulls people from NXT as soon as they show signs of being ready more often than not. Though there will occasionally be a case where they won't bring up someone who is ready for a while like Seth Rollins.

XenoRaven

Totally unrelated, but I'm pretty sure Togi Makabe only knows four English words; "hey", "fuck", "you", and "man".

"Cake" is a possible fifth.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Have you guys done anything that is good for business today? I wrote my entire group proposal for my team Spanish project because I don't trust those jobbers.
#goodforbusiness

jmdajr

The Miz stated during some promotional work overseas that he's getting married to former WWE diva Maryse in February next year.
WWE-Monday-Night-Raw-RecapReview-111212-Sad-Daniel-Bryan1.gif

lmaowrestler.gif

wwe-showul-crying-sports-crying-gifs.gif

original.gif

Bummed-WWE-Wrestler-Reaction-Gif.gif

393%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20crying%20gif%20suit%20vince_mcmahon%20wwe.gif

Ithil

Hopefully he'll come in and Yakuza kick the skulls off of Los Matadores in their debut.

They've stripped him off his mask, his chant, his theme, and the only move in the world more over than the RKO and he still manages to be the hottest commodity in NXT. Dude is a star.

Did they really "strip" him of anything? If anything, they've unleashed him, because he's turned out to be a great talker and babyface. As fun as El Generico was, a guy with that much charisma shouldn't be hidden behind a mask and have one word promos forever.

Top Bottom