• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Why would he cut his hair, I just don't understand.
It didn't work for Kevin Nash
It was a death nail for DDP

WTF.

The story is to enforce the fact that he has "retired". Edge cut his hair after retirement so Triple H is doing the same.

Kyoufu

o_O Bret had another stroke?

Bret wrestles on special occasions. He did the Summerslam WWE vs. Nexus match. He was also US champ a couple of years ago and wrestled at MSG last year.

Not another, just the one where he was on his bike, but from what I read that ruled him out of competing,

Those matches don't really count unless you want him to do a chair shot on someone and then get DQ'd.

Waste of a slot!

krae_man

That would be pretty cool...

But teams are bad in this era because there aren't enough WRASSLERS that are legitimately over. Mid-carders kinda ruin it IMO. I mean, Cena/Rock vs Miz/Truth was awful because nobody gave a shit about Miz and Truth.

Miz and Truth were over a heels, nobody cared because Cena took them out single handedly regularly before the match.

Wait you need Rock's help why?

The story is to enforce the fact that he has "retired". Edge cut his hair after retirement so Triple H is doing the same.

I just don't like it.

I liked Punk with long hair
I like DDP's business in the front party in the back look.
Nash grew his shit back ASAP

If you are 40, and you still have the gift of a full head, leave it long!!!!!!!

Especially if you are a wrestler.

But it helped Scott Steiner. So what do I know.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
vOVKb.gif

C.Dark.DN

Banned
billgoldbergthejackhammts6.gif

goldbergspearsnunzio.gif

Miss this guy. Rybacks finisher sucks.
You and me both brother. I hope him and Vince can make a deal for a Stone Cold or Undertaker match since Goldberg recently said he was interested in that.

Even if you dislike him, you should want to see him buried by Stone Cold at least. Too good of a match up.

Here's to you, Nicole Bass
Rest forever here in our hearts
The last and final moment is yours
Our agony is your triumph

BlazinAm

What was the story with Goldberg leaving? Why did he leave?

People in the wwe claim he had an ego, but the situation was that after wwe bought wcw they brought a lot of wcw guys over and they didn't do a good job of putting them over. Plus Triple H was the biggest wwf attitude era guy on the roster that was left and he wasn't going to put Goldberg over at least not in a big way.

Kyoufu

People in the wwe claim he had an ego, but the situation was that after wwe bought wcw they brought a lot of wcw guys over and they didn't do a good job of putting them over. Plus Triple H was the biggest wwf attitude era guy on the roster that was left and he wasn't going to put Goldberg over at least not in a big way.

Maybe this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsL2QSifwbA

But I don't know if he's just evading what BlazinAm said

He sounds like a normal, average guy not the big ego SUPER POWER monster we see in that ring.

I don't know what to think anymore.

BRING BACK GOLDBERG

BlazinAm

I think that gif was from (or near) the Halloween show where Cena first started rapping - which means stuff was still TV-14 then (if I remember right).

I remember that the first hour would be PG and the second was TV-14 (maybe that was raw but whatever smackdown was tracking very well among kids so they can't front in any way.) but i remember seeing that segment and that was a mid show segment to keep people watching. Anyway the fact that it was on TV i assume wouldn't make it controversial, but the creepy part is that they were trying so hard to sell Steph in a sexual manner and then years later they wanted to do a kiss my ass club with Steph bending over. All of these segments and ideas were vetted by Vince which makes it so weird.

I miss The Pounceeeeeeee!

What ever happened to Monty Brown/Marcus Cor Von?
Personal/Family issues are the reason why left and is now a personal trainer.

Edit: Beaten.
He sounds like a normal, average guy not the big ego SUPER POWER monster we see in that ring.

I don't know what to think anymore.

BRING BACK GOLDBERG

The ego thing I got from wwe roundtable (i'll try to pull up a link), where JR, Hayes and Bischoff said that he was hard to work with in the ring but that he was a great guy outside the ring. They said that Nash and Scott Hall had something to do with it,, they said that they got in Goldberg's head.
Lets be fair the wwe saw Goldberg as a wcw guy, so his his value to the company was never as high as the top wwe guys.

strobogo

Banned
Bret did quite a bit in the MSG match. He did the 5 moves of doom minus the Russian leg sweep. He did the backbreaker, suplex, second rope elbow, body slams. Really basic stuff, but enough to not be completely useless like Hogan. Hulk couldn't even actually slap the A8 guy while A Double was practicing torture. Bret can at least get kicked in the gunt.

Laserfrog

he wont stay away... im calling it right now

Nope he said:

I'm not coming back Laser (that's short for Laserfrog) you'll have to go on without me and continue my legacy.

He might have not actually said that in so many words, but it's what I got out of the conversation. :(

Though I should post about wrestling, I am looking forward to seeing Bret Hart once again. It's always good to see Bret Hart because I like Bret Hart. Bret Hart is a man of the people, the Canadians love him, the British love him everybody who's somebody loves Bret Hart. I remember that time when he won the US title not too long ago and I went 'oh look, Bret Hart's one the US championship'.

It's good to see Bret Hart because that stroke could have ruined his life, but you know what it didn't he fought back against the stroke and won. Was it a 60 minute worked ironman match? No it wasn't worked this was real life dammnit! Lives were on the line and Bret did the unthinkable.

What am I trying to say here? It's unclear that much is clear, but if you live your life well and treat people nicely than Bret Hart is in your hearts.

Top Bottom