• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

RBH

WWE Rock vs. Cena: Once in a Lifetime hits US stores tomorrow on DVD and Blu-ray.

The documentary gives a look backstage immediately following the WrestleMania 28 match, which shows an embrace between Rock and Cena, in addition to interactions with Vince McMahon. Below are some exclusive photos of the eye-opening scene. Grab your copy of the DVD to see it all.
rcemb1.jpg

rcemb2.jpg

MITB Anthology would be pretty awesome if I didn't own like 80% of them already in some form, 25 Greatest rivalries seems like a cop out when they could have done more Shawn/Bret style ones.

strobogo

Banned
Punk doesn't need to get bigger. There aren't many Cena sized guys left. Look at the current roster and the guys in NXT. There aren't a lot of big, jacked up guys around anymore. Zeke and Mason Ryan haven't been on TV in months. Tensai is big, but he certainly isn't jacked up. Then you have Titus O'Neil, but I can't imagine him ever being anywhere near Punk.

It's just a bunch of dudes who are around Punk's size, but more cut. It's not a big deal. Plenty of guys who weren't as big or as cut up have had matches with bigger guys and were taken seriously. He could probably be a bit more toned, but I don't think he can. He mentioned about how around WM he was on a strict diet and exercise routine and was miserable with only marginal results.

Kyoufu

I think the best part of tonight's RAW is going to be the Montreal crowd.

The product would be so much better if we had hot crowds week in week out.

It's also the biggest reason why I don't watch TNA. I need the large, piping crowds.

strobogo

Banned
The Best of Nitro Volume 2 02/12/13
Bret Hart Unreleased Matches 03/05/13
The Best of In Your House 04/30/13
Goldberg 06/25/13
Best of MSG 08/27/13
Best of War Games 09/10/13

These should be awesome.

I highly recommend the best of 2011 dvd for anyone new to CHIKARA or someone who wants to see a bunch of awesome matches. The two August events should be added to the viewing schedule, just sayin'.

LTWeek.jpg

Kaladin

I highly recommend the best of 2011 dvd for anyone new to CHIKARA or someone who wants to see a bunch of awesome matches. The two August events should be added to the viewing schedule, just sayin'.

LTWeek.jpg

The two August events will have to be at leisure watching.....KOT will be our official starting point for Chikara viewing.

Punk doesn't need to get bigger. There aren't many Cena sized guys left. Look at the current roster and the guys in NXT. There aren't a lot of big, jacked up guys around anymore. Zeke and Mason Ryan haven't been on TV in months. Tensai is big, but he certainly isn't jacked up. Then you have Titus O'Neil, but I can't imagine him ever being anywhere near Punk.

It's just a bunch of dudes who are around Punk's size, but more cut. It's not a big deal. Plenty of guys who weren't as big or as cut up have had matches with bigger guys and were taken seriously. He could probably be a bit more toned, but I don't think he can. He mentioned about how around WM he was on a strict diet and exercise routine and was miserable with only marginal results.

His tummy bothers me a lot though. I mean I think I have a nicer body, and I sit in a office all day. I only get to work out twice a week.

I think from a visual perspective, D.Bry has a better body. Dood just looks strong and powerful even if he is smaller overall.

In one of Colt Cabana's podcasts, they talk about this. Talk about how even if they work harder to get the body they want, it won't make that much difference in the end.

His tummy bothers me a lot though. I mean I think I have a nicer body, and I sit in a office all day. I only get to work out twice a week.
You're blessed with better DNA?

I think it's a combination of things. If Liquid is pretty skinny then his stomach will look better, if you keep your weight down then it lets your muscles pop that much more. Dolph mentioned that he tried to get bigger once, but decided he'd rather just keep the weight down because he looked more serious with less weight and better definition.

Punk actually looked pretty great in May when he lost a bunch of weight while feuding with DB and then started to put it back on this summer while gearing up for Cena. I honestly don't think it matters, he doesn't wrestle better or worse with a smaller/larger body, but I understand the mindset that forces him to gain weight.

I dont think Trip's will be on tonight BUT they will announce his return for next week.

Maybe he will get involved with the Punk/Heyman stuff and we can finally get Punk vs Triple H 2.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
According to our favorite jewish dirt sheet writer

Triple H's haircut is part of the Brock angle.

Yes...the haircut is a work.

jobber

According to the jewish dirt sheet writer's sidekick....

It's been talks about a Survivor Series match between Team Cena vs. Dangerous Alliance 2012

DA would have Punk Brock ??? Primetime Players ???

Cena would have Triple H ??? R-Truth/Kofi ??? (Lawler probably)

BlazinAm

Really ugghhh.

Anyway going by that wwe dvd list for 2013 it seems like they will have one less ppv so more time between the unknown ppv to money in the bank it seems.

Kyoufu

According to the jewish dirt sheet writer's sidekick....

It's been talks about a Survivor Series match between Team Cena vs. Dangerous Alliance 2012

DA would have Punk Brock ??? Primetime Players ???

Cena would have Triple H ??? R-Truth/Kofi ??? (Lawler probably)

That would be pretty cool...

But teams are bad in this era because there aren't enough WRASSLERS that are legitimately over. Mid-carders kinda ruin it IMO. I mean, Cena/Rock vs Miz/Truth was awful because nobody gave a shit about Miz and Truth.

jobber

That would be pretty cool...

The mystery person on Cena's team could be anybody ranging from The Rock to Bret.

But teams are bad in this era because there aren't enough WRASSLERS that are legitimately over. Mid-carders kinda ruin it IMO. I mean, Cena/Rock vs Miz/Truth was awful because nobody gave a shit about Miz and Truth.

I think Punk and Brock could carry the team as far as getting them over.

Somebody has to run in on NoC's to help Punk win. Instant heat!

Kyoufu

The mystery person on Cena's team could be anybody ranging from The Rock to Bret.

Bret can't compete unfortunately. He had a stroke not that long ago so he won't be able to do anything more than referee.

Rock would be good but I don't see him returning until Fast 6 is done and RR build up starts.

Cagey

Banned

To beat Brock Lesnar... Triple H must become Brock Lesnar.

I anxiously await the Triple H MMA training videos.

jobber

Bret can't compete unfortunately. He had a stroke not that long ago so he won't be able to do anything more than referee.

Rock would be good but I don't see him returning until Fast 6 is done and RR build up starts.

o_O Bret had another stroke?

Bret wrestles on special occasions. He did the Summerslam WWE vs. Nexus match. He was also US champ a couple of years ago and wrestled at MSG last year.

Top Bottom