• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Punk is changing the title next week that Cena promo pretty much confirmed it with his identity talk or CM Punk loses and becomes a jobber

Anth0ny

Good Cena promo.

But fuck Cena.

Happy to hear King is okay. But have we heard the last of him on the mic? We've been talking about this for a while, but after tonight I think it's really time for him to put the mic down and let someone else take over.

bigkrev

Really happy that Cole seemed encouraged at the end of the show. Makes me think King will be OK.

Also, holy hell Cena cut a good promo. Went from zero interest in the show to sending out a text trying to get some people over for a PPV party on Sunday, so mission acomplished.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
all those shots from Punk a couple of weeks ago and hitting his head hard on the concrete floor last week caught up with him

Great promo, but let's be honest here. If these guys got the ok to do a real shoot, Punk would destroy him. cena is a real life phony. Everything about his character is bullshit...Anyways glad Jerry is good so far! I think Vince handled the situation well.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Glad to hear that Jerry seems to be showing signs of improvement. Hopefully he makes a full recovery.

All things considered, that was another good Raw. Another great ending, at least.

just one promo from cena and you all jizz. oh well enjoy this promo while you can cause cena will be to same ol shit

Cena is going in as the dominant Face. CM Punk is the underdog. CM Punk is retaining no way they change the title. ugh get those LOL Cena wins pictures ready

Kaladin

Promos like that is all I've ever wanted out of Cena. He just smirks and shrugs everything off and never gets mad at something. Tonight he finally got mad at something and showed some fire in his promos that no one, not even The Rock could get out of him.

Get fucking mad at stuff Cena, make us believe you give a shit about who you're fighting.

It's not like Cena is bad. He can do a great job both in the ring and on the mic. It is just that his character is so damn stale and that we are sick of his current gimmick. Let him be him, and things will be so much better.

bangai-o

Banned
Great promo, but let's be honest here. If these guys got the ok to do a real shoot, Punk would destroy him. Vena is a real life phony. Everything about his character is bullshit...Anyways glad Jerry is good so far! I think Vince handled the situation well.

Punk has been getting the go ahead to do his own promos. And he has proven that when he does, he fumbles. He rambles about space ships and stuff. Its awful. Cena out-promos Punk. Its fact.

tm24

According to PWI, Lawler was doing a couple of weekend shots in Aruba before traveling to Montreal. Man, that can't be good for you being in a plane that long and then doing some physical work

jobber

George Bush passed out in Japan when I was in elementary school and he's still alive.

Passing out is the new ref bump

Punk has been getting the go ahead to do his own promos. And he has proven that when he does, he fumbles. He rambles about space ships and stuff. Its awful. Cena out-promos Punk. Its fact.

This is true. Just because he's "heel punk" everyone here goes crazy and refuse to see him as anything but boring. Talking about respect and Chicago all the time basically made him a white and fat del rio. He's been getting a pass from the Internet for a while and I am (sadly) glad Cena called him out. You can call it booking or a storyline or whatever, it basically boils down to punk sucking. I cannot wait for his unmemorable championship to be over. Hopefully Bryan gets a title shot soon.

Just realized the chances of Jerry being a full time commentator again are slim to none. He hasnt been very good lately but you know he was handcuffed by Vince. Jerry is the last great remnant of the attitude era to me, JR and The King were a HUGE part of what made that era great. That dosent even cover Heel Jerry Mic work in the mid nineties which was fantastic.

It is a horrible day when one of the greats will probably rarely if ever heard on the mic again. WWE has no one to replace him right now, Matthews and Striker are not good color guys, Booker is smackdown GM, JR can fill in but he wont be full time again, Heyman is currently occupied.

Who will they get?

Miz would be good, snarky ass heel with good verbal skills. But he is in the prime of his career....

Bing back Tazz? He is terrible in TNA but him and Cole had great chemistry.

JBL? Hates Cole so I doubt it.

Gonna be interesting to see which way they go.

DMczaf

A2dzXOCCUAAEgP-.jpg

A2d__SACQAATKkz.jpg

somedevil

Good to know Jerry is getting better:

Night of Champions Pay per view:

Cena vs Punk
Sheamus vs Del Rio
Cesaro vs battle royal winner
Rhodes vs Miz vs Mysterio
Daniel Bryan and kane vs Kofi and R-truth
Kaitlyn vs Layla
Ziggler vs Randy Orton

RBH

Good lord. Just heard the news.

Hope King pulls through.

Wonder if I can talk with my professor about this later this week...

bangai-o

Banned
Just realized the chances of Jerry being a full time commentator again are slim to none. He hasnt been very good lately but you know he was handcuffed by Vince. Jerry is the last great remnant of the attitude era to me, JR and The King were a HUGE part of what made that era great. That dosent even cover Heel Jerry Mic work in the mid nineties which was fantastic.

It is a horrible day when one of the greats will probably rarely if ever heard on the mic again. WWE has no one to replace him right now, Matthews and Striker are not good color guys, Booker is smackdown GM, JR can fill in but he wont be full time again, Heyman is currently occupied.

Who will they get?

Miz would be good, snarky ass heel with good verbal skills. But he is in the prime of his career....

Booker T is most obvious answer.

Who will they get?

Miz is the right choice. Mike Mizanin actually, Face Miz

jobber

Who will they get?

2 words

JOSH MATTHEWS

his nose doesn't bleed on camera anymore

or most likely Regal

Top Bottom