• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Kaladin

This came out about the time Raw was on the air, but apparently Matt Hardy will debut for Ring of Honor at the Death Before Dishonor X iPPV this weekend. It is possible that he could be slated to work a main event angle vs Steen......maybe for Final Battle.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
#TeamFriendship

Make Shelby some eccentric, secretly psychotic manager and then maybe he can call the team Shelby and the Yes-anites or some crap like that. There is nothing funnier than Shelby's juxtaposition line delivery, and how he's a vessel for Kane and DBry to unite against.

He reminds me of a cross between Dean Pelton and just a damn creep
They really could have a goldmine of material here, honestly. Shelby could go nuts encouraging them to beat some guys up, and then you'll have the blow off moment where they beat him up, lol.

This came out about the time Raw was on the air, but apparently Matt Hardy will debut for Ring of Honor at the Death Before Dishonor X iPPV this weekend. It is possible that he could be slated to work a main event angle vs Steen......maybe for Final Battle.

there was a video with hardy confronting steen

Punk and Cena work great together they are really opposites. Punk obviously had plenty of ammunition to use against Cena, but im glad he came off looking weak because this means they are either going to go all out with Punk and he's going to retain or Cena will beat him in his home town and Punk will go back to Mid-card.

Punk and Heyman is such great idea that WWE will fuck it up at the first PPV by having Cena overcome it in the very first match and spend the next few months making fat jokes about Heyman.

Its this years Nexus / Punk Shoot moment.

I'm calling it.

BlazinAm

Punk need to look strong when they are about to finish this program between them until then they can keep Cena looking strong and Punk and keep weaseling out of title matches. I assume that the feud ends at hell in a Cell or on a Raw afterwards. If they keep the feud going past that into survivor series something really went wrong in booking.

Punk and Heyman is such great idea that WWE will fuck it up at the first PPV by having Cena overcome it in the very first match and spend the next few months making fat jokes about Heyman.

Its this years Nexus / Punk Shoot moment.

I'm calling it.

If Punk loses on Sunday than i fully expect Cena to debut the new title and it becoming another Cena belt and doing another reign of terror

If Punk loses on Sunday than i fully expect Cena to debut the new title and it becoming another Cena belt and doing another reign of terror

If this happens, I'm really gonna stop watching. I'm basically there already, but that would be, literally, the worst possible outcome.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Punk need to look strong when they are about to finish this program between them until then they can keep Cena looking strong and Punk and keep weaseling out of title matches. I assume that the feud ends at hell in a Cell or on a Raw afterwards. If they keep the feud going past that into survivor series something really went wrong in booking.

The house shows around Xmas here in the NYC area (at both MSG and Long Island) are being advertised with
Cena vs. Punk for the WWE title
at MSG and
John Cena and Kane vs. CM Punk and Daniel Bryan
for Long Island. Of course, such things are always subject to change, but it's still an indication of what expectations are right now.

EDIT: Spoiler'd just in case anybody really cares about advertised house show main events.

If this happens, I'm really gonna stop watching. I'm basically there already, but that would be, literally, the worst possible outcome.

They are either gonna go all in with Punk or its over for him for now and back to midcard/jobber to the faces. Either Rock, Cena or Punk will debut the new belt it makes no sense with anybody else. But yah i wont be able to stand another Cena reign.

CM Punks character is on a decline because he's neutered. His face run was god awful especially when his heel run was JUST getting red hot. It was a dumb move. Now he's playing the little bitch role. But this is only happening because Cena has no one to feud with again.

Hearing Cena give promos about others being fake and shit make me cringe because he's been this stale boring dog turd for 10 years. And the only reason he will never change or turn heel is because he's WWEs merchandise whore. It's funny that cena only looks good when others make themselves look stupid just to put him over. First with Rock, now with Punk.

RBH

But it's not his debut in ROH. :)

CM Punks character is on a decline because he's neutered. His face run was god awful especially when his heel run was JUST getting red hot. It was a dumb move. Now he's playing the little bitch role. But this is only happening because Cena has no one to feud with again.

Hearing Cena give promos about others being fake and shit make me cringe because he's been this stale boring dog turd for 10 years. And the only reason he will never change or turn heel is because he's WWEs merchandise whore. It's funny that cena only looks good when others make themselves look stupid just to put him over. First with Rock, now with Punk.

He would have been fine if they let him at least wrestle Sheamus, and whoever else he had to wrestle. Instead, they make him feud with an old guy. That's what's really stupid. Booking Punk into the generic heel tactics of making his hometown dislike him, walking out on matches, being a coward, etc. Cena only speaks truth because WWE wrote out Punk's history.

Toki767

It could be worse. At least Cena isn't calling him CM Sucks.
Yet.

BlazinAm

It could work in Cm Punk's favor but not now because the feud is not over.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Holy shit. Punk and Pauline drowning out Vickie and the match is the best thing I've seen in a while

He would have been fine if they let him at least wrestle Sheamus, and whoever else he had to wrestle. Instead, they make him feud with an old guy. That's what's really stupid. Booking Punk into the generic heel tactics of making his hometown dislike him, walking out on matches, being a coward, etc. Cena only speaks truth because WWE wrote out Punk's history.

Yeah, Punk's coming off like an "outside the box" kind of gimmick being forced to remain in the box because WWE Creative™ isn't competent enough to do something....well, creative. He's a great talker so just when it seems he's going to do something new, he reverts back to generic cowardly heel tactics like walking out of matches, beating up on old people, etc. It's to the point that as soon as Punk puts the mic down, you could put Del Rio in his place and the feud would be EXACTLY the same. Because of that, I'm still not into this feud despite the Heyman stuff. Same ol same ol.

Cagey

Banned
Finally finished.

Kudos to John Cena for taking the angle seriously, demonstrating actual emotion, making us believe he cares about what is happening around him and to him, and doing some great work on the mic. I've not scrolled through the parts of this thread that live commented on it, but I would hope there was some deserved praise.

When is WWE ever going to stop this Ryback bullshit. I swear they don't understand timing or anything. Is he just going to keep doing the same old shit forever? Will he actually have competitive matches? WWE always has this tendency to do something for too long.

Cagey

Banned
Cena just destroyed Punk on the mic.

tumblr_m7jjflkwvX1r67aqto2_400.gif

McNei1y

Four things about tonight:

1. It was cool seeing Bret Hart.

2. I welcome the Daniel Bryan and Kane tag team (or the Kane and Daniel Bryan tag team). I've been waiting for it since they started feuding and hell yea it's been an awesome and funny ride!

3. Cena was pretty awesome on the mic tonight. I have zero clue what he said but the crowd pop told me all of it. They marked out after that, even though 5 mins prior the place erupted in "You can't wrestle!" chants. That was very well done by Cena. "You're an ignorant son of a bitch!"

4. That was crazy about King. My brother alerted me about it when I was watching it on DVR so I was waiting for it throughout the show. I thought it was going to be when he went into the ring and entered the tag match. I don't know what it would have been like to see someone have a heart attack on camera. Either way, that was shocking. I'm glad to hear he is stabilized now but I hope there's no long term problem.

I enjoyed tonight, though. Miz got punked though.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
When is WWE ever going to stop this Ryback bullshit. I swear they don't understand timing or anything. Is he just going to keep doing the same old shit forever? Will he actually have competitive matches? WWE always has this tendency to do something for too long.

Is aj still doing that skipping shit?

Btw, I fucking LOVE the primetime players. Such an awesome tag team.

Only thing i hate about Cena promos is that he attacks people gimmicks. Punk is a "bad" guy so Cena attacks his "heel" traits. Boring.

Cena said that he's a no one because he hasn't been in the main event for months. Yeah, because wwe totally didn't set that up on purpose. That fact that cena might have another title reign or even a title match at next years WM is making me sick.

Only thing i hate about Cena promos is that he attacks people gimmicks. Punk is a "bad" guy so Cena attacks his "heel" traits. Boring.

Cena said that he's a no one because he hasn't been in the main event for months. Yeah, because wwe totally didn't set that up on purpose. That fact that cena might have another title reign or even a title match at next years WM is making me sick.

I hate when Cena does that character assassination thing. He did it to Del Rio by exposing his gimmick. We all know those aren't really his cars don't fucking ruin his gimmick.

Kevin Lawler (Jerry's youngest son) has been in contact with Jim Ross and Michael Cole. He says Jerry has stabilized and is doing "much better".

Cagey

Banned
Punk's character now is someone with an inferiority complex demanding respect from any and everyone to get validation.

Cena highlighted why he's like that and helped drive that character home.

This was actually Good Cena, not LOL U RENT CARS U AINT RICH Cena.

strobogo

Banned
Not to take the attention off of King and all that, but I'm watching No Surrender right now.

The little segment with Taz and Tenay after the tag title match was one of the most awkward and tense things I've seen in a long time. Tenay is putting over the match and the champs and Taz asks about his blue coat, because someone tweeted him about it. The look on Tenay's face after that, his "nope" answer to the question, and then Taz's reaction were so, so uncomfortable. What the fuck. That whole thing was so bizarre.

Also, there might not be a wrestler I've ever disliked more than Kaz. Everything about him. His face, his awful hair when he had it, he still looks like a goof with out it, wearing Nike Shocks under his kick pads, when ever he tries to speak, his bumping style. All of it. There is literally nothing about him that I like.

BlazinAm

The house shows around Xmas here in the NYC area (at both MSG and Long Island) are being advertised with
Cena vs. Punk for the WWE title
at MSG and
John Cena and Kane vs. CM Punk and Daniel Bryan
for Long Island. Of course, such things are always subject to change, but it's still an indication of what expectations are right now.

EDIT: Spoiler'd just in case anybody really cares about advertised house show main events.

I see.... and advertised house change but by not much. This feud right now where they can set up Punk as the main heel guy and show that they are willing to build a card around him. I just find it hard to believe that that for the next four ppv we are to expect Cena vs Punk in some form. A long championship for Punk is key to where punk is right now in the wwe and where the wwe wants him to by next year's wrestlemania.

BlazinAm

I hate when Cena does that character assassination thing. He did it to Del Rio by exposing his gimmick. We all know those aren't really his cars don't fucking ruin his gimmick.

Now its up to creative and the heel wrestler in question to strengthen those qualities but they never do that. With Punk there is always the "pipebomb" situations to build those qualities. that is what post-NOC has to be building up to a Hell in a Cell match between them. It needs to be Punk asserting himself as champ.He will be in main event and NOC and then again at HIAC so that is where he can start drilling into Cena. Finish up and start settling the seeds for a Rock-Punk match at the Rumble.

Confirmed that Lawler suffered a heartattack by Lawler's girlfriend on his Facebook page.
I somehow feel that is better than a stroke but still it's terrible nonetheless.

BlazinAm

To finish up my thought on where a Punk and Cena feud can go. Rock wins the title at Rumble and goes into Mania with a 3-way match Cena-Punk-Rock with the Punk getting a heelish win to solidify him as the big heel that can draw.

Smith Hart, Bret's brother, said on Twitter that a friend backstage told him that Jerry Lawler was clinically dead for 20 minutes before finally being revived by a defibrillator.

Top Bottom