• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Isn't it just that little tv piece on Rock and Cena they put together before WM just now on blu ray? if it is I could not even stomach it back then.
Oh and extras based around the feud build up of lots of talking, dick jokes, wrist notes and smirking.

Bummer. I thought it would have a lot more post WM stuff. Backstage shit. :(

Too bad Batista hates PG stuff.

He would be the greatest heel of all time if he did a stint in Chikara. Like, he'd be on Kaufman levels. He'd come out and say how he's not going to have a match because his opponent is 5'4" and dressed like an ant, and he doesn't wrestle ants, and he'd say something like 'pipsqueak, I hope you CAN lift 100x your body weight because that's the only way you can lift the animal'

That would be amazing they should do that

Too bad Batista hates PG stuff.

He would be the greatest heel of all time if he did a stint in Chikara. Like, he'd be on Kaufman levels. He'd come out and say how he's not going to have a match because his opponent is 5'4" and dressed like an ant, and he doesn't wrestle ants, and he'd say something like 'pipsqueak, I hope you CAN lift 100x your body weight because that's the only way you can lift the animal'

I would have loved to see such a thing. Now my heart is heavy, laden with the fact that I will never be able to experience such a spectacle as that.

I never saw anyone cry over Brock's return or Punk's promo.

Dude, I'm talking literal tears here. That's just ridiculous.
Dude, I saw people crying in the crowd when Batista had to forfeit the title,
and perhaps Sunflower was among them
I'm not advocating crying over these things but to take one isolated event and use it as a rallying point for your argument is about as credible as Jack Swagger.

FEX.......................

Pharaoh-ATEM-King-of-games-yu-gi-oh-10958842-410-308.jpg

Hope all is well. See you soon.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not advocating crying over these things but to take one isolated event and use it as a rallying point for your argument is about as credible as Jack Swagger.

It was for the best. When I got home I lit my Batista-scented incense in my Batista Shrine, and did 1,000 pushups to invoke the essence of The Animal into my soul.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Well, it's all silly. Including wrestling. I mean, people really get heated over this stuff.

Sunflower doesn't cry, btw.

tm24

Cage of Death is extremely dumb too. Wasn't CZW huge in the early 2000s before dropping off in attendance?
CZW is still pretty big. And this years COD was pretty great til Dj hyde's booking fucked it up. The whole Drew Gulak "For a better CZW" campaign has been nothing but pure brilliance
Thanks for the heads up, tm24. I've thought about getting into lucha libre for a while now, I might as well ride the momentum from Triplemania and dive right it. Now, if only I could track down some Santo movies other than Santo vs. the Vampire Women..
dude, i own a huge Santo set. Its amazing

It was for the best. When I got home I lit my Batista-scented incense in my Batista Shrine, and did 1,000 pushups to invoke the essence of The Animal into my soul.
Okay this amused me greatly.

Well, it's all silly. Including wrestling. I mean, people really get heated over this stuff.

Sunflower doesn't cry, btw.

Oh I agree, but we shouldn't start getting bothered by peoples excitement, it's sort of cranky old man stuff.
Hey remember when Cena lost to Barrett and the kids were devastated? fucking hilarious, schadenfreude is fair game.

lilty

I never posted again, haha.

So yea I watched Raw for the first time in 6+ years and I have to say I was actually entertained. It's weird watching it now that I'm older because I notice things I never did when I was a kid, like how moves don't always hit or the camera angles they use to make it look better. There were some things that were just awful, like the therapy thing and the video with Sheamus, but for the most part I had a good time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"All of you will be so bored, you'll never watch this show again!"
my god... he was right

Treat his retirement speech like a prediction from Batistadamus, and watch the truth spill forth.

"You're nothing without me! This place is nothing without me! You think I won't quit? You think I won't do it? IIIIIIIIIIIIII QUITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT"

So yea I watched Raw for the first time in 6+ years and I have to say I was actually entertained. It's weird watching it now that I'm older because I notice things I never did when I was a kid, like how moves don't always hit or the camera angles they use to make it look better. There were some things that were just awful, like the therapy thing and the video with Sheamus, but for the most part I had a good time.

I hope you didn't think the King was a work..............:)

Cagey

Banned
Yeah it's pretty damn good as well as being one of "Gaf's golden games" so to speak.
That last bit is a big reason why there's such a hilarious reaction to this.

Ah gotcha.

It's funny that I discovered NeoGAF for the gaming news, but signed up to post on the OT.

Other than venting about a couple of 3's (ME3, D3), I don't post for shit on that side. Just lurk for news + reactions and avoid the craziness that can break out.

EDIT: Brotista is way up at the top of the list in Things I'm Sad I Missed during my 4 year wrestling hiatus.

lilty

I hope you didn't think the King was a work..............:)
Oh of course not. I kind of had an idea of what happened before I saw since I guess the Canadian broadcast is an hour behind and King was trending on twitter. Hoping the best for him.

That was also the first like I liked Cole.

Well this is disappointing to hear, you don't like team friendship?

Ah gotcha.

It's funny that I discovered NeoGAF for the gaming news, but signed up to post on the OT.

Other than venting about a couple of 3's (ME3, D3), I don't post for shit on that side. Just lurk for news + reactions and avoid the craziness that can break out.
The various 3's this year have been met with quite a fair bit of scorn, third time hasn't been the charm this year it seems.

jmdajr

I strictly remember people here thinking the "you're supposed to be my friend" moment was "stupid."

In retrospect it was awesome.

Kaladin

Just got back from a job interview. I got a haircut, shaved, and donned my COO outfit:

SpILp.jpg

The position was for evening circulation supervisor at UNC Wilmington. I think I did well, but they had three other interviews this week and you never know till you hear back.

I've been without internet since Monday night basically......what did I miss?

jmdajr

Just got back from a job interview. I got a haircut, shaved, and donned my COO outfit:

SpILp.jpg

The position was for evening circulation supervisor at UNC Wilmington. I think I did well, but they had three other interviews this week and you never know till you hear back.

I've been without internet since Monday night basically......what did I miss?

Well the King is doing better. Didn't suffer any brain damage and seems to be responsive to those around him. Recognized family members etc.

edit:looks like King is walking now. Wow!

Good luck on the job!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Good to hear. So I assume the 20 minutes of being clinically dead was bullshit?

I hope they take some notes from when there was commentary. Some of that was working at times.
I don't know if he was clinically dead. That's a specific term that requires specific circumstances. Thus far, all we've gotten is two lay people claiming that it took 15 or 20 minutes to "revive him". Whatever that means. They're not lying, but he probably wasn't "clinically dead".

Top Bottom