• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

SoulPlaya

more money than God
After reading the thread, the "FUCK YOU NINTENDO FOR FUNDING AND RELEASING THE GAME WE WANTED" people are more weird.
I hate the hyperbole of it all. You would think Christ returned or something.

"HOLY SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Then, I realize that most of them are teenagers. I think a lot of my gaming enthusiasm died when I saw people crying over the Zelda TP reveal. So fucking pathetic to me.

Aiii

So not worth it
As seen on RAW, AJ Lee overruled Booker T’s #1 contenders match from last Friday’s SmackDown by putting Kane and Daniel Bryan into a tag team and having them wrestle for the #1 contendership. The two have traded shots on Twitter and this is all part of the current General Managers storyline that we’ve been reporting on. There’s speculation now that it will end at Survivor Series.

The plan has been for both General Managers to keep having issues come up until Vince McMahon returns to fire them both and name a new person to oversee both RAW and SmackDown. As noted earlier this week, there’s an internal rumor that Ric Flair may be brought in for that role.

Ugh. #letherwrestle

Matches signed for SHINE 3 live on Friday September 21st via iPPV @ www.wwnlive.com;

• Jazz vs Rain
  • Mercedes Martinez vs Jayme Jameson
  • Mia Yim vs Jessicka Havok
  • Christina von Eerie vs 'AK47' Allysin Kay
  • The West Coast Connection (Su Yung & Tracy Taylor) vs. Rainbow Bright (Gabby Gilbert & Luscious Latasha)
  • Taylor Made vs Greek Barbie
  • Santana vs. Sienna Duvall

Some recent DDT matches worth watching;

Kota Ibushi & Kenny Omega vs Danshoku Dino & YOSHIHIKO - (DDT 07/22/12)

Sanshiro Takagi vs Yuji Hino - Falls Count Anywhere - (DDT 08/26/12)

Kota Ibushi & Daisuke Sasaki vs HARASHIMA & Hikaru Sato - (DDT 08/26/12)

Shuji Ishikawa (c) vs Shigehiro Irie - (DDT 08/26/12)

Also, part two of The Art of Wrestling with William Regal is up via; www.welovecolt.com or www.tsmradio.com/coltcabana/

It is always amusing seeing wrestling fans looking down on gamers.

Then, I realize that most of them are teenagers. I think a lot of my gaming enthusiasm died when I saw people crying over the Zelda TP reveal. So fucking pathetic to me.

HrdLW.gif

That said I never got the crying either.

I was totally caught off guard with the Bayonetta 2 review and started to text with joy to my friends.

But the anger of it being exclusive doesn't make sense. It is a game you wanted for years but is now on a new system coming out. Blah blah blah.

Matches signed for SHINE 3 live on Friday September 21st via iPPV @ www.wwnlive.com;

• Jazz vs Rain
  • Mercedes Martinez vs Jayme Jameson
  • Mia Yim vs Jessicka Havok
  • Christina von Eerie vs 'AK47' Allysin Kay
  • The West Coast Connection (Su Yung & Tracy Taylor) vs. Rainbow Bright (Gabby Gilbert & Luscious Latasha)
  • Taylor Made vs Greek Barbie
  • Santana vs. Sienna Duvall

Some recent DDT matches worth watching;

Kota Ibushi & Kenny Omega vs Danshoku Dino & YOSHIHIKO - (DDT 07/22/12)

Sanshiro Takagi vs Yuji Hino - Falls Count Anywhere - (DDT 08/26/12)

Kota Ibushi & Daisuke Sasaki vs HARASHIMA & Hikaru Sato - (DDT 08/26/12)

Shuji Ishikawa (c) vs Shigehiro Irie - (DDT 08/26/12)

Also, part two of The Art of Wrestling with William Regal is up via; www.welovecolt.com or www.tsmradio.com/coltcabana/

will watch. thx.

tm24

I was totally caught off guard with the Bayonetta 2 review and started to text with joy to my friends.

But the anger of it being exclusive doesn't make sense. It is a game you wanted for years but is now on a new system coming out. Blah blah blah.

It makes even less sense when you realize this game was deader than a RAW Corpus Christi crowd and then Nintendo decided to fund it to completion. Seriously, port-begging gaf is worse than what we pretend KAne-gaf is

Did anyone watch the Rock John Cena blu ray? The new one.
Isn't it just that little tv piece on Rock and Cena they put together before WM just now on blu ray? if it is I could not even stomach it back then.
Oh and extras based around the feud build up of lots of talking, dick jokes, wrist notes and smirking.

It makes even less sense when you realize this game was deader than a RAW Corpus Christi crowd and then Nintendo decided to fund it to completion. Seriously, port-begging gaf is worse than what we pretend KAne-gaf is

lololololololololololololol

love it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It is always amusing seeing wrestling fans looking down on gamers.

There's gamers, and then there's Nintendo Psychotics and other weird types of obsessive people, or kids who think Smash Bros is an actual fighting game. I don't know where you stand on that. Like, yknow, the difference between someone who would as mentioned above cry at a Zelda trailer vs someone who just plays games and enjoys them for what they are...and doesn't have sexual feelings about an animated hedgehog.

tm24

There's gamers, and then there's Nintendo Psychotics and other weird types of obsessive people, or kids who think Smash Bros is an actual fighting game. I don't know where you stand on that. Like, yknow, the difference between someone who would as mentioned above cry at a Zelda trailer vs someone who just plays games and enjoys them for what they are...and doesn't have sexual feelings about an animated hedgehog.

Hey, there's a wide clear divide between any fanbase and the deviant-art Sonic crowd. Seriously. Just search for our name+hedgehog on deviant art. But be prepared. Bootaaay's japanese deathmatches are nothing compared to the horrors you might find.

Speaking of deathmatches, i just watched CZW's tournament of death last night. IM not sure why i do it every year, but i do.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, there's a wide clear divide between any fanbase and the deviant-art Sonic crowd. Seriously. Just search for our name+hedgehog on deviant art. But be prepared. Bootaaay's japanese deathmatches are nothing compared to the horrors you might find.

Speaking of deathmatches, i just watched CZW's tournament of death last night. IM not sure why i do it every year, but i do.

Yeah, I did the whole "look up 'your name the hedgehog' game" and got upset.

I wonder...who's up for going to DeviantArt and putting wrestler names added with "the hedgehog" in and showing their results?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fortunately there is no "Psicosis the Hedgehog" on Deviant Art, so you'll have to settle for Dark Psychosis the Hedgehog:

goIgN.jpg

Same here, it's a guilty pleasure - the highlight this year was clearly Scott Summers and the supremely idiotic cinder block spot in his match with Masada. What a moron.

Anth0ny

You are aware the EXACT same thing could be said for wrestling fans, right? Replace Zelda TP reveal with Brock's return in April, or Punk's promo last year.

Hyperbole is bound when we get a megaton.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

You know what else is pathetic?
Obsessing over a specific wrestler in a mask.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Kane, here's a hedgehog...I think... of him.

zawdL.jpg

46d5D.jpg

Found your sketchbook, SoulPlaya.

Cagey

Banned
I think banhammers will fly in the Bayonetta 2 thread soon. Hopefully no WrassleGaffers were in there port begging.

I never played Bayonetta, what exactly am I missing in this fanboi battle over it being a WiiU exclusive? Was the original dat damn good?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I never played Bayonetta, what exactly am I missing in this fanboi battle over it being a WiiU exclusive? Was the original dat damn good?

It was neat, but it didn't sell great, and this isn't a big deal.

Sunflower said:
OH GODDAMN YES I REMEMBER THIS THIS IS AMAZING

Bobby Eaton saying "Bloody Americans" in an American accent will forever be awesome.

Incidentally, I'm glad we're seeing more skits in WWE recently with the (awesome) anger management sessions and (awful) lawyer meetings. It's infinitely preferable to awkward backstage 'confrontations'. Reminds me of when wrestling used to be fun.

Yeah it's pretty damn good as well as being one of "Gaf's golden games" so to speak.
That last bit is a big reason why there's such a hilarious reaction to this.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bobby Eaton saying "Bloody Americans" in an American accent will forever be awesome.

Incidentally, I'm glad we're seeing more skits in WWE recently with the (awesome) anger management sessions and (awful) lawyer meetings. It's infinitely preferable to awkward backstage 'confrontations'. Reminds me of when wrestling used to be fun.

Yeah, WCW put on a TON of these and I'm not sure if I liked them at the time but they're mostly gold now. WWF did it as well, they had some memorable ones like Bobby Heenan and Gorilla Monsoon at a theme park, and more.

I miss that kind of stuff, but for every theme park video, we have Little Peoples' Court with DX. :/ Not a fair trade.

What is it?

Entropia

No One Remembers
What is it?

A fighting game. Like WWE is a fighting game.

Yeah, WCW put on a TON of these and I'm not sure if I liked them at the time but they're mostly gold now. WWF did it as well, they had some memorable ones like Bobby Heenan and Gorilla Monsoon at a theme park, and more.

I miss that kind of stuff, but for every theme park video, we have Little Peoples' Court with DX. :/ Not a fair trade.

Or Sheamus in a deposition against Del Rio...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What is it?

It's a party game like Mario Party.

I only say that stuff because it's funny. I've seen so many blowups. I honestly don't feel strongly about it, and it's neat as kind of a Nintendo Museum game but I don't really view it as serious competition.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What is it?

It's a fighting game* like power stone or wwe all stars is a fighting game*

I do find it funny that you can have drastically different rts's like Starcraft and Dawn of War 2, but they're both still RTS's, but for some reason, the rules are completely different with fighting games.

It's a party game like Mario Party.

I only say that stuff because it's funny. I've seen so many blowups. I honestly don't feel strongly about it, and it's neat as kind of a Nintendo Museum game but I don't really view it as serious competition.

Ah. Well it makes you sound like those shitty ROH fans who hate Chikara for being "too fake".

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ah. Well it makes you sound like those shitty ROH fans who hate Chikara for being "too fake".

GOD how are we supposed to take CHIKARA SERIOUSLY if theres people pretending to be ANTS I mean WTF seriously the future of wrestling is Kevin Steen it's not some STUPID little character in a make-believe childrens show JESUS

GOD how are we supposed to take CHIKARA SERIOUSLY if theres people pretending to be ANTS I mean WTF seriously the future of wrestling is Kevin Steen it's not some STUPID little character in a make-believe childrens show JESUS
Ants can carry like 100x their own body weight, your "real wrestlers" don't stand a chance.

In fact Batista can't even carry his own body weight without tearing a quad.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ants can carry like 100x their own body weight, your "real wrestlers" don't stand a chance.

Whoa things were lighthearted and funny until you brought in the ANIMAL Dave Batista!

ANIMAL. Animal Kingdom > Anthills. What can you do? You can't fuck with an Animal.

I'm done acting silly now, I feel much better. And jesus Xeno, you DID have Kane covered.

God...dammit.

Br5LF.jpg

Glad you guys are enjoying Triplemania. The next big lucha show is CMLL's anniversary show, which is headlined by Rush vs Terrible in a hair vs hair and Rey Cometa vs Puma King in a mask vs mask. The main event should be won by Terrible since Terrible beat Tanahashi and Rush lost to him, but hopefully Rush makes the match interesting and CMLL will finally turn him heel, since he acts and looks like an incredible douchebag and its amazing

As for AAA, their next big show is Heroes Inmortales on October 8. So far scheduled is a domed cage match between the Bizarros, Jack Evans, and Perros del Mal. Jeff Jarrett's return and Abyss & Chessman defend the tag team titles against the team of Vampiro and Joe Lider.

Some more lucha matches that ive been watching

2012 Rey De Airies
A torneo cibernetico from CMLL. Basically, every good high flier from CMLL is in it. Its a long match like every other Cibernetico and takes a while to get going, but its so great

Pequeno Reyes de Aires
The same thing as above, but with minis!

Negro Casas vs Angel del Oro
Watch one of the all time lucha greats wrestle one of the future greats.

Los Traumas vs Fabi and Mari Apache Part 1 Part 2
Love this tag match. Los Traumas are probably the best tag team in Mexico right now. They can brawl, fly and matwork. The Apaches are the best female workers in Mexico. Watch the Traumas just mess around with the Apaches before the Apaches snap and decide to take it up a notch

Also, Top lucha spots of the week. Most notable are Demus killing Astral and Titan being the best

Thanks for the heads up, tm24. I've thought about getting into lucha libre for a while now, I might as well ride the momentum from Triplemania and dive right it. Now, if only I could track down some Santo movies other than Santo vs. the Vampire Women.

EDIT: WOW did I step in at the wrong time!
LtzkSl.jpg

Hey I'm happy to stop. Consider it done.
As always, you're a paragon of restraint. But I was one of the people who freaked out over Bayonetta 2 and Monster Hunter 3GU (even if I didn't get angry about it); maybe I should just come back when TNA starts.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You are aware the EXACT same thing could be said for wrestling fans, right? Replace Zelda TP reveal with Brock's return in April, or Punk's promo last year.

Hyperbole is bound when we get a megaton.
I never saw anyone cry over Brock's return or Punk's promo.

Dude, I'm talking literal tears here. That's just ridiculous.

You know what else is pathetic?
Obsessing over a specific wrestler in a mask.
I don't obsess over Kane. This is a wrestling thread, so I post about my favorite wrestler. I've never cried over anything Kane has done.

Speaking of Kane, here's a hedgehog...I think... of him.

zawdL.jpg

46d5D.jpg

Found your sketchbook, SoulPlaya.
There's so much Kane/Sonic mash ups out there, it's ridiculous.

At first, I thought it was cool when I found a few.

Then, I found a bunch more. . . . . .

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Too bad Batista hates PG stuff.

He would be the greatest heel of all time if he did a stint in Chikara. Like, he'd be on Kaufman levels. He'd come out and say how he's not going to have a match because his opponent is 5'4" and dressed like an ant, and he doesn't wrestle ants, and he'd say something like 'pipsqueak, I hope you CAN lift 100x your body weight because that's the only way you can lift the animal'

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Too bad Batista hates PG stuff.

He would be the greatest heel of all time if he did a stint in Chikara. Like, he'd be on Kaufman levels. He'd come out and say how he's not going to have a match because his opponent is 5'4" and dressed like an ant, and he doesn't wrestle ants, and he'd say something like 'pipsqueak, I hope you CAN lift 100x your body weight because that's the only way you can lift the animal'

You're making me want this. Stop making me want this! Uguu~

Top Bottom