• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Entropia

No One Remembers
39kxZ.jpg

We won't count that because it's libel.

(Also, who made that/what show/etc?)

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Holy crap, the seagull pop is way overused during this week's smackdown. Also,
it seems like Christian is going heel.

Kaladin

That was real. I forget when it happened, but it's real and the typo was intentional.

I am in the middle of tracking down the story behind the Stubstance sign. I know that krae_man did it, and it was somewhere around September 2011.......about the time Jerry Lawler suffered from anal bleeding.

QCNuf.jpg

Two things I learned today:

-Our school is planning to host a Be A Star event in the upcoming months (I might help in setting up the event), and Sheamus and Orton among others look like they're going to be apart of it.
-Daniel Bryan actually started implementing a small portion of meat into his daily diet recently, so he's technically not a vegan anymore.

Yep, Bryan said he and CM Punk gave up the vegan thing. They said it was too hard to consistently find vegan food on the road travelling.

WWE announced late Thursday that it was removing "dated and edgier" footage from the Attitude Era from its official website and media platforms, a day after co-founder Linda McMahon's political opponent used clips in an attack ad.

"To better reflect our current family-friendly brand of entertainment, WWE is removing some dated and edgier footage from digital platforms," said Brian Flinn, WWE's Senior Vice President, Marketing and Communications, in a statement. "Some of this footage has been misused in political environments without any context or explanation as to when it was produced. This damages the corporate reputation of our company. WWE is well within its rights to protect its intellectual property for fair use."

Flinn said the footage removal is not related to an ad released Wednesday by Rep. Chris Murphy, a Connecticut Democrat running for Senate against McMahon, which featured WWE footage while slamming her for allegedly off-shoring profits to avoid taxes and failing to provide health coverage for their performers. Rather, it is part of a re-branding effort.

While WWE held a PG-14 rating for much of the late 1990s and early 2000s when she was running the organization with her husband, Vince McMahon, its current content is rated PG or G.

GODDAMN IT

HHH-Angry.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I might, but I think the higher res was blurry, and it looked bettter low res. Also, comparing with this picture from the movie....it could be.

Edit: Here is the high res, as I said, blurry.

http://i.imgur.com/dgRXl.jpg
I don't know, I don't think it's her, Keely has a longer head where as the woman in the pic has a rounder one. Hard to tell due to blur but Keely has a defined face and jawline.

m2isd.jpg

Also found this on her twitter:

MdQyt.jpg

RBH

Two things I learned today:

-Our school is planning to host a Be A Star event in the upcoming months (I might help in setting up the event), and Sheamus and Orton among others look like they're going to be apart of it.
-Daniel Bryan actually started implementing a small portion of meat into his daily diet recently, so he's technically not a vegan anymore.

In addition, I might get the opportunity to go backstage at the Hell in a Cell PPV in Atlanta in October to shadow the physician/training staff.

Really crossing my fingers for this.

Kaladin

In addition, I might get the opportunity to go backstage at the Hell in a Cell PPV in Atlanta in October to shadow the physician/training staff.

Congrats, I was going to that PPV but I'm selling my ticket on stub hub since I might not be living in GA by then.

trunbuns

Just watching Smackdown and
Del Rio, Otunga, and Ricardo consoling Bryan for his defeat at Mania was funny. The look of concern for their fellow downtrodden heel was priceless

Someone should tell WWE that we're not supposed to feel sorry for these guys! Del Rio has come across a genuinely nice person these last few weeks.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I...I should not hope for an injury so you can shine, but if it does happen I hope you can.

trunbuns

Smackdown:
I think the Sin Cara match must have been a botchfest as it is really heavily edited. At one point he is taunting for one of his springboard moves off the top rope from the outside and in the next shot he's in the corner. It's a really obvious edit

trunbuns

Omg sin cara has just administered his most epic point ever. This was worth watching smackdown for alone. I am now completely sold that Mistico does not need to learn English. It rivals Punk's shoot for intensity and delivery.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It just had to be Tout huh? jesus

"Goddammit King I mean we had medical staff on hand, so goddammit keep it under goddamn 15 seconds, I'll film it goddammit"

--Vince McMahon

Omg sin cara has just administered his most epic point ever. This was worth watching smackdown for alone. I am now completely sold that Mistico does not need to learn English. It rivals Punk's shoot for intensity and delivery.

Wow, so now we're just posting unmarked Smackdown spoilers?
Would've liked to have that point come as a surprise, dick.

Cagey

Banned
Christ, I was going to say "isn't Linda McMahon getting trounced in the polls again like last time?"

And then a quick hop over to RCP (link here) shows she's running dead-even with her opponent. PG era 4eva if she wins :/

EDIT: Ziggler's awesome douchetastic hot pink shirt is $15 in the WWE Shop. New shirt incoming?

trunbuns

I think it's pg forever anyway. It's the removal of old media that could be deemed offensive that's more concerning. WWE.com has some great content that will be compromised by this.

Edit: I'm sure he wore a black one on raw. The pink one is much better though.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I found Todd Pennengill!

He's on some tv show called Dish Nation. He looks awful.

The End.

RBH

Seriously? Wow!

Very nice.

Congrats, I was going to that PPV but I'm selling my ticket on stub hub since I might not be living in GA by then.

I...I should not hope for an injury so you can shine, but if it does happen I hope you can.

It may or may not happen because it's tougher to bring visitors backstage for PPVs compared to a TV taping or live event, but we'll see. Would definitely be a surreal experience.

XenoRaven

I just went to Chris Murphy's website and I can't find any offensive WWE footage. All I found was a picture of Randy Orton and a video clip of Jericho in the ring cutting a promo on Linda. I'm still looking but this may be a pre-emptive move, which makes this even more ridiculous.

Cagey

Banned
I think it's pg forever anyway. It's the removal of old media that could be deemed offensive that's more concerning. WWE.com has some great content that will be compromised by this.

Edit: I'm sure he wore a black one on raw. The pink one is much better though.

The black one was the first one he sold online, despite him rocking the pink one on TV. I assumed he wore black out of deference to Bret Hart, but that might be me reading too much into it.

I still can't figure out a way to wear Ziggler's shirt without being a douche, because fuck I love that shirt. If it drops any lower, I'm buying one, chopping off the sleeves, and wearing it as a semi-ironic-but-not-really gym shirt. Might as well go full heel wearing it.

The black one was the first one he sold online, despite him rocking the pink one on TV. I assumed he wore black out of deference to Bret Hart, but that might be me reading too much into it.

I still can't figure out a way to wear Ziggler's shirt without being a douche, because fuck I love that shirt. If it drops any lower, I'm buying one, chopping off the sleeves, and wearing it as a semi-ironic-but-not-really gym shirt. Might as well go full heel wearing it.

Love it cause I want to do the same. Not a fan of the shipping though =/

You wear it by hanging it out of the back of your hot pants, duh

Christ, I was going to say "isn't Linda McMahon getting trounced in the polls again like last time?"

And then a quick hop over to RCP (link here) shows she's running dead-even with her opponent. PG era 4eva if she wins
Linda is doing better than she did in 2010. But that's because she spends early and often. Anyway, she's polling a whole 2 points higher than she ever did in 2010. She lost by 11 points in that one.

Check out the polling trend from that one: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...cticut_senate_mcmahon_vs_blumenthal-1145.html

You can see her numbers creep up and then Blumenthal puts up a wall in September and pulls away in October. That's because these races don't usually start running until about now. Linda runs ahead of schedule thanks to the mon-ay, but as soon as both sides are spending, she's toast.

When Chris Murphy actually starts running ads, he'll pull away also. Also note that RCP's average undershot the actual election results and Blumenthal won by 3.1 points more than RCP thought he would.

Cagey

Banned
Linda is doing better than she did in 2010. But that's because she spends early and often. Anyway, she's polling a whole 2 points higher than she ever did in 2010. She lost by 11 points in that one.

Check out the polling trend from that one: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...cticut_senate_mcmahon_vs_blumenthal-1145.html

You can see her numbers creep up and then Blumenthal puts up a wall in September and pulls away in October. That's because these races don't usually start running until about now. Linda runs ahead of schedule thanks to the mon-ay, but as soon as both sides are spending, she's toast.

When Chris Murphy actually starts running ads, he'll pull away also. Also note that RCP's average undershot the actual election results and Blumenthal won by 3.1 points more than RCP thought he would.

Thanks for the excellent recap of the 2010 ordeal. Without knowledge of how the last election went, I thought something was terribly odd when I saw how well Linda was doing in the polls.

Granted, this is for a different incumbent Senator, and I've no clue how beloved that man is in Connecticut, but Connecticut isn't the type of state that would toss out a relatively unpopular Democrat for a rather unlikeable Republican.

Top Bottom