• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

strobogo

Banned
WWE 13 is so lazy. Like they literally just took Smackdown 2 roster and animations and put prettier graphics on it. The game is regressing hard. I will still play it, though.

Does this mean that WWE is going to stop producing DVDs with Attitude Era stuff? Or start removing their Netflix presence? That would be a bummer. I don't understand why any of it matters to her campaign. It's a fake entertainment show. Who cares what happened on it? Think of Disney and all the subsidiary companies that they own and the content of those movies. If Bob Iger ran for a political office, why would anyone give a fuck about some movies with sexual or drug related content while over looking the fact that HE RAN THE WALT FUCKING DISNEY COMPANY? That seems like a slightly bigger deal than the actual content of movies. And Linda's running of a successful company should be much more important than the content of the entertainment it provided.

Also, I found out that Disney now how has a deal with Dreamworks through Touchtone, so the Pixar/Dreamworks rivalry is all a work, bros.

I think I need to find some new hobbies.

I'm only looking forward to like ... 2 games.
TV sucks
Wrestling sucks

everything sucks

TV sucks....LOOOOOOOL

If you can't find at least 3 quality series to pick up, you aren't looking hard enough. TV has never been better. I mean like never in history.

strobogo

Banned
I guess if you like DRAMA
DRAMA
CHARACTER DRAMA
DRAMAAAAAAAAA

Parks and Rec is awesome. The Office still has back seasons that are great. A lot of people love Community. Modern Family is pretty good. Curb is still on. Louie is fantastic. Arrested Development is on every streaming service ever. Plus all the old shows that are on Netflix/Hulu that you missed or want to see again. There is plenty of non-hardcore drama stuff on TV right now or recently.

tm24

This upcoming spoiler is not KoT related, it is instead CMLL spoilers that are great

Rush beat Terrible. For those that don't know, Rush is basically the Cena of crowd reactions. He gets more boos than any rudo and any technico not named the original Mistico. But the best part is that unlike Cena, Rush just relishes the boos and just doesn't give a shit about the fans. He is just an incredible douchebag. Tonight's event was in Arena Mexico, the MSG of Mexico in terms of prestige and the crowd type. Very much a pro-rudo crowd. So tonight the fans shited all over Rush. After the match, the new not mistico, who is Rush's brother, came out to calm him down. This only made the crowd heat even bigger for Rush. Then the crowd decided to pelt both Rush and Not Mistico with drinks. The Arena Mexico crowd is great. Cant wait to see the event

Brinbe

Have any of you guys gone to a PPV event at a movie theatre? I just moved for university and I noticed the local theatre plays the PPV's on the big screen and tickets are $15. Just wondering if you guys have ever been and any thoughts on the experience.

I go about every month here in Toronto or Mississauga. It's really just more of a tradition between my cousin and I, as it's really the only time we have to catch-up and hang out during the month. Overall, it's an okay experience as you do get that big-screen, theater experience and with the right crowd (which isn't a sure thing every month, especially with the more minor PPVs) it can be super-fun. Not as many smarks as one would expect (they're probably smart enough to watch through other means) so it really lets one see all the real-live crazy marks out in the wild, which can be fun in itself.

On a whole though, lamping it up and chatting/following with Wrassle-GAF is probably a better experience, especially if you're in university atm. There are better ways to spend that cash.

Who's up for Death Before Dishonor X tonight? Rhino? Matt Hardy? Grapes?

iPCq6KM3RAJ08.jpg

http://www.rohwrestling.com/ippv - $14.95 | 6:30PM PST | 7:30PM CST | 8:30PM EST | 1:30AM GMT

• ROH World Title Match - Kevin Steen (c) vs 'The Man Beast' Rhino

• ROH World Tag Title Tournament Semi-Final - S.C.U.M. (Jimmy Jacobs & Steve Corino) vs Cedric Alexander & Caprice Coleman

• ROH World Tag Title Tournament Semi-Final - Rhett Titus & Charlie Haas vs The Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark)

• ROH World TV Title Match - Adam Cole (c) vs 'No Fear' Mike Mondo

• Special Challenge Match - ACH vs Kyle O'Reilly

• Survival of the Fittest Tournament Qualifier - Tadarius Thomas vs Silas Young

• Special Challenge Match - Jay Lethal vs 'The Notorious 187' Homicide

• Tag Team Attraction - The House of Truth (Roderick Strong & 'Unbreakable' Michael Elgin) w/ Truth Martini vs Irish Airbone (Jake & Dave Crist)

• Plus; Matt Hardy makes his return to ROH

Like Boiling Point, this is a show that doesn't look amazing on paper - but Boiling Point proved to be a great show, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if this one continues the trend. Glad to see Irish Airborne back in ROH, they've improved a lot and I'm hoping this is the match where they FINALLY ignite the Strong/Elgin feud that's been brewing for months and months. Also looking forward to seeing TD Thomas vs Silas Young. Thomas has been impressive recently, but I haven't seen too much of him yet, while Silas Young is very underrated guy who has been plugging away for years and he deserves another shot in ROH. Really looking forward to seeing ACH make his debut, he was awesome in the CHIKARA Young Lion's Cup this year, while Kyle O'Reilly is really developing as a heel. Should be fun.

Elsewhere, Adam Cole defends the ROH TV Title against Mike Mondo in what should be a great match. Both guys are on a roll right now, Cole more so than Mondo, but with a series of impressive iPPV matches and some great showings on TV under his belt, Mondo is starting to turn heads and will be out to continue his impressive streak. Then, we head on to the ROH Tag Title Finals. While both of the matches will surely be good, I feel like ROH have seriously telegraphed the outcome, especially with the stipulation that if Corino & Jacobs lose they are gone from ROH. Finally, in the main event, Kevin Steen defends his ROH World Title against 'Rhino. I'm not sure what to expect from this one. Rhino is in good shape can still go, and with the similarities between his and Steen's wrestling styles it will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

DKehoe

So can someone explain to me what's been happening in Chikara recently? I meant to keep up but wasn't able to. I still want to watch KoT though.

Kaladin

So can someone explain to me what's been happening in Chikara recently? I meant to keep up but wasn't able to. I still want to watch KoT though.

The math is too advanced for me to totally keep up with Chikara these days. That's the beauty of King of Trios, the tournament is so big, you don't really need to know whats going on to enjoy it all.

Striker

Was randomy watching older Raw matches, and this came up. We don't see these often anymore - number 1 contender matches, and they don't always involve your Cena's and Orton's. Fun match between Booker T, RVD, and Jericho, including two run ins. Jericho was using his "King of my World" entrance that night, too.

http://youtu.be/Z8f2jYcWGSE

Match in the following week was the winner facing then-World Champion Shawn Michaels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y6GpWOJ69Y
http://youtu.be/1UzqnX4FxYg

If only big nose hadn't put himself as the go-to guy.

Sure, here's the general gist of things at the moment;

• The mysterious GEKIDO, a group of disgruntled former CHIKARA students comprised of The Swarm (combatANT, assailANT & deviANT), The Shard & 17, continue to wage war on Mike Quackenbush, Jigsaw & The Colony.
  • Director of Fun Wink Vavaseur, using his Chikarabametrics stat system, has caused chaos in the King of Trios by pairing Soldier Ant with GEKIDO members The Swarm, and Swarm member deviANT with The Colony. Also, much to their chagrin, Gran Akuma has been paired with 3.0, and Sugar Dunkerton, his place in the Throwbacks usurped by Mr. Touchdown, has been made to join F.I.S.T.
  • Delirious, now forever free from the influence of the Eye of Tyr, has pledged to make UltraMantis Black's life hell for the next year as punishment for enslaving him, and has now assembled a powerful set of allies in The Batiri and the insidious Ophidian to help complete his goals.
  • Archibald Peck, in his quest to win back his beloved Veronica from Mr. Touchdown, put his career on the line and was ultimately banished from CHIKARA. Dejected, he wandered America, while in his stead a Mysterious & Handsome Stranger has made he debut in CHIKARA.

DKehoe

Sure, here's the general gist of things at the moment;

• The mysterious GEKIDO, a group of disgruntled former CHIKARA students comprised of The Swarm (combatANT, assailANT & deviANT), The Shard & 17, continue to wage war on Mike Quackenbush, Jigsaw & The Colony.
  • Director of Fun Wink Vavaseur, using his Chikarabametrics stat system, has caused chaos in the King of Trios by pairing Soldier Ant with GEKIDO members The Swarm, and Swarm member deviANT with The Colony. Also, much to their chagrin, Gran Akuma has been paired with 3.0, and Sugar Dunkerton, his place in the Throwbacks usurped by Mr. Touchdown, has been made to join F.I.S.T.
  • Delirious, now forever free from the influence of the Eye of Tyr, has pledged to make UltraMantis Black's life hell for the next year as punishment for enslaving him, and has now assembled a powerful set of allies in The Batiri and the insidious Ophidian to help complete his goals.
  • Archibald Peck, in his quest to win back his beloved Veronica from Mr. Touchdown, put his career on the line and was ultimately banished from CHIKARA. Dejected, he wandered America, while in his stead a Mysterious & Handsome Stranger has made he debut in CHIKARA.

Thanks! Any idea how long it will take for the KoT DVD/MP4 to be released? Are Chikara still pretty good about having a fast output for that stuff?

Kaladin

Archibald Peck, in his quest to win back his beloved Veronica from Mr. Touchdown, put his career on the line and was ultimately banished from CHIKARA. Dejected, he wandered America, while in his stead a Mysterious & Handsome Stranger has made he debut in CHIKARA.

We don't know who that guy is. He's mysterious, but damn handsome. It could be Luke Gallows for all we know.

Thanks! Any idea how long it will take for the KoT DVD/MP4 to be released? Are Chikara still pretty good about having a fast output for that stuff?

They've had shows released as DVD 24hrs after the show in the past, but usually it's a while longer. I imagine they'll want KoT out as quick as possible though, so hopefully it'll be up to order/download some time this week.

Kaladin

Burning the Ropes did an interview with Winter:

Her thoughts on the teased incest angle between Paul Burchill and herself:
I can’t exactly remember who (came up with the idea), it was put to us by one of the agents and honestly, I thought it was a great idea. I was totally for it and I thought it could have been cool, something like “The Crow” where you have the bad guy with the sister and they teased that incest thing. It has that ambivalent “you don’t know if it is happening or isn’t happening” feeling but people are kind excited about it. Any incest angle that has been on any kind of television had amazing ratings as people are fascinated by anything that is a little taboo. I thought we were lucky to have a storyline that would have been a little “on the edge” but unfortunately, with the whole PG thing, it got nixed."

The idea behind the “drugging “Angelina Love storyline:
It’s about the lingering effects. It’s like when you take a drug a lot (to a point) where certain parts of your brain with simulate to the effects of the drug and it might change you forever. So seeing as I was drugging Angelina and putting her under my hypnotic spell, eventually it just so happened her brain altered itself in tune with the drug.

Her feelings about her 18 day Knockout’s title reign last year before dropping it to Mickie James then regaining it:
Honestly, I thought it was kind of pointless with the little switch-a-roo in between. Sometimes it’s worth building the storyline with one person holding the championship for a little longer. The same thing happened when Velvet (Sky) won it (at Bound For Glory), she was built up at the top babyface and finally she won it and she dropped it immediately and I felt like it was kind of weird.

Her thoughts on leaving TNA Wrestling and if she is happier now she has left:
I’m happier because I’m making the transition into acting to where I don’t want to be restricted by contacts or obligations to a wrestling company. I still love wrestling but in terms of having a career, I’m not going to have a career in wrestling now, I’m going to have a career in acting. I don’t want a thing that could stand in the way of that number one, and number two, I don’t want to constantly be on the road and constantly traveling for wrestling as I don’t want to get injured.

Other subjects covered in the interview include her thoughts on the state of the Knockout, her thoughts on Vince Russo, what movies she has upcoming and much much more.

The full audio can be found at http://www.headlocks2headlines.com/2012/09/audio-running-ropes-featuring-katarina.html starting at the 1 hour 29 minute mark.

BOOOO acting.

Kaladin

Sunny update......

BRANFORD, Conn. — A former WWE wrestling diva is headed for rehab after being arrested in Connecticut three times this week on domestic violence complaints.

Branford police said Friday that Tamara Sytch was arrested Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday on charges including disorderly conduct and violating a protective order.

The 39-year-old wrestled as Sunny. She appeared Friday in New Haven Superior Court.

WFSB-TV reports (http://bit.ly/U3zrHe) Sytch was released to her sister, Denise Stone, who said in court she was taking her to a New Jersey rehab center.

Sytch declined to comment. WFSB says police reported the complaints were from her boyfriend.

WWE says Sytch was last under its contract in 1998. It says it’s paid for three rehabilitation stints for her and will continue to provide assistance if she wants it.

2Myqp.jpg

FyreWulff

How do you get released on bail when you commit the same crime 3 times in 3 days?

Depending on local laws, unless whoever involved pressed charges, they could probably only hold her overnight in jail. Then the third time around her sister came and got her, or she finally violated a protection order while she was doing it.

Sounds like a hell of a downward spiral, hopefully she actually takes up the rehab offer this time.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
when did Epico and Primo go from teaming with KK and RT to fighting them again?

da fuck

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
lol

they edited Kofi's alt finisher because it involves the neck so they cut to the announcer's desk until the pin attempt

what the fuck

Depending on local laws, unless whoever involved pressed charges, they could probably only hold her overnight in jail. Then the third time around her sister came and got her, or she finally violated a protection order while she was doing it.

Sounds like a hell of a downward spiral, hopefully she actually takes up the rehab offer this time.

She just got out of rehab last week. Now the E is again paying for her to go back. I really hope she straightens herself out.

strobogo

Banned
She just got out of rehab last week. Now the E is again paying for her to go back. I really hope she straightens herself out.

It's pretty awesome that WWE puts people though rehab for free. Especially people who haven't worked for them sometimes in decades. Was it Scott Hall that they said they've spend into 6 figures on?

Top Bottom