• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

bangai-o

Banned
TV sucks....LOOOOOOOL

If you can't find at least 3 quality series to pick up, you aren't looking hard enough. TV has never been better. I mean like never in history.
have you tried watching NBC lately? so many stupid shows. hey look this guy, this girl who is a racist, and all these minorities are all going to live in the same house! and look, these guys here are all single dads raising their kids. also hilarious!
really makes me wonder why NBC doesnt just pick up RAW.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
tumblr_madlulvhua1rdsmdfo1_500.jpg

Edgeward

Superstars was decent this week. The Rhodes/Ryder match was pretty good and Gabriel looked great in his match too. Such a shame they couldn't put this on SD. Especially Cody's match to at least give him some build going into NoC

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
yeah im gonna wait on wwe 13 to drop in price and have actual caws on it

they'll look better than what yukes makes anyways

strobogo

Banned
Some Impact comments:

That was a really awkward moment in the opening segment when Jeff's music came on while Bully Ray was in mid sentence. So he just stopped and left while everyone seemed really confused.

Holy shit, Kaz's stubble is ridiculous. I can't tell if it looks like it is painted on, dirt, or if he's a Dick Tracy villain. Hogan was tremendous in that segment. Especially mentioning the protein in the bottom drawer. Of COURSE Hulk Hogan would keep protein in his desk. Still hate Kaz and everything about him. I haven't enjoyed him in anything since his original match with AJ in Nashville. The one where AJ hit the GANSOCLASH. I think Sir Oliver Humperdink Jr. was in the front row of the Impact Zone. He was wearing what looked to be a Pee-Wee Herman suit t-shirt. Next to old man Stan Hansen and ECW Long Hair Fan's cousin. Also, I hate the stupid glove thing AJ does now. It's dumb when football players do it. It's dumber when AJ does it. It doesn't look cool at all.

I really, desperately hope Abyss never returns. Joseph Park, Esq is the best. Kay Fab!

Jeff Hardy should never be allowed to speak.

I really thought Chavo's sure said Dudebro at first.

Every time I see Christie or other KO photo shoot pictures, I wonder how weird it must be to be a professional hot girl. You get paid for being hot and staying hot. So strange.

The gut check guy probably picked the wrong company to try out for if he wants to walk out in front of 20 or 30 thousand people.

Tara has to stop with the horse hair. It's so gross and weird and always falls out during matches. I'm also really surprised she didn't go by Toria or Torri when she started with TNA. I don't know why I never thought about that before. Also, she shouldn't be allowed to speak, either. You'd think after 10 years of being one of the most prominent female wrestlers in America, she'd be a bit better at public speaking. She's like a 5th grader having to read a DARE speech or something.

TNA has the weirdest brain trust. Dixie Carter, Hulk and Brook Hogan, Brother Love, Al Snow, D'Lo Brown, and Sting whenever he's around. Apparently D'Lo in inhabited my multiple spirits when he speaks. And Dixie. What the fuck was the dramatic head shots with jail cell slamming sound effects in the middle of that? That was bizarre. But still, Hulk Hogan and two career mid carders are running TNA? And when did Hulk and Brother Love make up? I don't buy that shit for a second. After all the shit Brother Love pulled? Come on. I also find it really weird that Al Snow wears cowboy boots for some reason. But I also find the fact that TNA thinks anyone wants to see 50 year old Al Snow wrestle next week, which I don't believe was mentioned on this episode at all. Or was his match with Joey Ryan supposed to happen this week and they just spaced it? Maybe Joey Ryan is part of A8 and that's how he's been getting into the building for weeks.

I think the leader is one Mr. Irish Pat Kenney, jealous that D'Lo and Al Snow get more screen time than him.

Don't you slam my queen Tara!
She the best in the world at everything she does!

The most beautiful female wrestler of all time.

I wish I could grab a strand of her hair and keep it in my pocket!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I thought it was edge too. And Billy Gunn wasn't in dx when this happened.
No, but DX and the NAO routinely teamed up back then, and I think in that moment it was all of them that beat down Austin and tied him to the ropes, so I don't think the WWE 13 reenactment is inaccurate in that instance.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
No, but DX and the NAO routinely teamed up back then, and I think in that moment it was all of them that beat down Austin and tied him to the ropes, so I don't think the WWE 13 reenactment is inaccurate in that instance.

This is true.

Main event of Raw was Road Dogg vs. Stone Cold

http://theyearinrawview.com/post/17154224649/monday-night-raw-february-2-1998

Michaels: “You’re getting ratings and that’s all that matters. That’s all you need to think about. Think about yourselves, get those ratings, push the bar, push it higher.”
Helmsley: “This is the WWF. You guys better suck it up because remember this, the show goes on.”
Michaels: “It always goes on!”

ALWAYS

strobogo

Banned
Was that the one where they all powerbombed Animal off the ring apron through the announcer's table and HBK did that hilariously over the top and broad "HHHHMMMMMM These guys have potential"?

I saw a gif in some non-wrestling related thread of Vince sitting in a rocking chair on the stage of an ECW show. What is the context for that? I don't remember it at all. I assumed it was at some point during Vince McMahon: ECW Champion, but he wasn't wearing his wave-cap and his hair seemed too long for that time period.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Was that the one where they all powerbombed Animal off the ring apron through the announcer's table and HBK did that hilariously over the top and broad "HHHHMMMMMM These guys have potential"?

I saw a gif in some non-wrestling related thread of Vince sitting in a rocking chair on the stage of an ECW show. What is the context for that? I don't remember it at all. I assumed it was at some point during Vince McMahon: ECW Champion, but he wasn't wearing his wave-cap and his hair seemed too long for that time period.
It may have been when Vince "went crazy" for a while, and would ramble incoherent gibberish.

And yes, they did do that. Here's the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_F5YPh2nKU

Kaladin

I think it was during his feud with Bobby Lashley, and Vince was supposed to be insane I think. The whole feud for the ECW title happened between the Battle of the Billionaires and One Night Stand that year. I only remember this because I went to One Night Stand that year.

Edit: Now I remember it was after Lashley beat Vince for the belt, and Lashley was champ before Lashley was drafted to Raw. Vince went crazy after Lashley beat him for the title but the angle never got to finish because of the draft. I can't find a pic or video for this.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I think it was during his feud with Bobby Lashley, and Vince was supposed to be insane I think. The whole feud for the ECW title happened between the Battle of the Billionaires and One Night Stand that year. I only remember this because I went to One Night Stand that year.

Edit: Now I remember it was after Lashley beat Vince for the belt, and Lashley was champ before Lashley was drafted to Raw. Vince went crazy after Lashley beat him for the title but the angle never got to finish because of the draft. I can't find a pic or video for this.
Here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30ek5xJ_XMw&feature=related

SoulPlaya

more money than God
It's not the same angle.....I know Vince was on his rocker on the stage, and I remember he was watching a Lashley match and Lashley walked to the back staring at him.
Yeah, I know, but that's part of the "Vince goes crazy" angle.

Otherwise, I can't find anything, either. WWE has destroyed youtube.

Kaladin

Yeah, I know, but that's part of the "Vince goes crazy" angle.

Otherwise, I can't find anything, either. WWE has destroyed youtube.

This was an earlier version of the Vince Goes Crazy angle. It happened 3 years before that happened.

I can't even find any ECW episodes from that month on youtube....damn WWE.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
This was an earlier version of the Vince Goes Crazy angle. It happened 3 years before that happened.

I can't even find any ECW episodes from that month on youtube....damn WWE.
He wasn't really crazy, then. Just a bit sociopathic.

Either way, yeah, there are no clips of it that I can find, unfortunately.

Kaladin

Ring of Honor's Death Before Dishonor X: State of Emergency starts in 1 hour and 15 min at 8:30PM EST. I'm getting the booze ready for a night of wrasslin.

iPCq6KM3RAJ08.jpg

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
ROH World Champion Kevin Steen defends against "The Man Beast" Rhino

**NEW** ROH World Tag Team Champions will be Crowned!!
- S.C.U.M. (Jimmy Jacobs & Steve Corino) vs. Cedric Alexander & Caprice Coleman
- Rhett Titus & Charlie Haas vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe

The American Wolf Davey Richards Returns to ROH

ROH World TV Championship Match
ROH World TV Champion Adam Cole vs "No Fear" Mike Mondo

Special Challenge
ACH makes his ROH Debut vs. Kyle O'Reilly

Survival Of The Fittest Tournament Qualifier Match
Tadarius Thomas vs. Silas Young

Special Challenge Match
Jay Lethal vs. "The Notorious 187" Homicide

Tag Team Attraction
The House of Truth ("Unbreakable" Michael Elgin & Roderick Strong) w/ Truth Martini vs. The Irish Airborne (Jake & Dave Crist)

Also Signed to Appear:
- Making his ROH Return, MATT HARDY

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
watching the Raw replay on UHD to see if they edit anything. Punk/Orton is about to start

Top Bottom