• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Entropia

No One Remembers
Man that Heavy thread, feel bad for the poor guy :( I Know he was going through some stuff earlier... that thread probably isn't helping his attitude/confidence/esteem.

Man that Heavy thread, feel bad for the poor guy :( I Know he was going through some stuff earlier... that thread probably isn't helping his attitude/confidence/esteem.

That thread is totes amaze, bro. The SunhiLegend gif with the piss stains as Heavy runs out of the room killed me for like 5 minutes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
From the Observer:

Last week's match between The Miz and Sin Cara had to be heavily edited. Following the match, WWE officials were looking for Sin Cara and couldn't find him. When officials asked Justin Gabriel where Cara was, Gabriel replied by saying he thought Sin Cara quit.

WWE officials found him later that night and then filmed a backstage segment.

jmdajr

From the Observer:

Last week's match between The Miz and Sin Cara had to be heavily edited. Following the match, WWE officials were looking for Sin Cara and couldn't find him. When officials asked Justin Gabriel where Cara was, Gabriel replied by saying he thought Sin Cara quit.

What an embarrassment. Last time I get hyped about a luchador.

Worst of all, he's letting down HHH! Shameful!

Mistico was awesome, but Sin Cara just isn't performing on that level for whatever reason, be it difficulties with the WWE style, the different working environment, or having to wrestle guys like Miz, who isn't exactly well travelled in wrestling.

Sin Cara would have likely been awesome in WCW.

Anyways, the line-up for SHINE 3 live worldwide TONIGHT via iPPV;m

ijNBszi7hhkuy.jpg

http://wwnlive.com/event-shine-09-21-12.html - $9.99 - 8PM EST | 1AM GMT

• Jazz vs Rain
  • Allysin Kay vs Christina Von Eerie
  • Jessicka Havok vs Mia Yim
  • Mercedes Martinez vs Jayme Jameson
  • The West Coast Connection (Tracy Taylor & Su Yung) vs Rainbow Bright (Gabby Gilbert & Luscious Latasha)
  • Leva Bates vs Kimberly
  • Santana vs Sienna Duval
  • Taylor Made vs Greek Barbie

Entropia

No One Remembers
From the Observer:

Man, poor Cara. :( I really do feel bad for him. There's so much potential but, he just keeps screwing up!

Wow, just watched smackdown, I would say literally at least 60% of the show was
kane & bryan. they started it, ended it, and were in most segments in between. show was all about the tag team champs, sheamus was an afterthought

jmdajr

Lawler discusses heart attack for first time

-

For the first time in nine days, professional wrestler and Memphis native Jerry Lawler discussed publicly his recovery from a heart attack.

Lawler held a nearly 15-minute news conference from inside his home at 2:30 p.m., streamed live on myFOXMemphis.com. He answered questions related to his family's heath, his current health, the experience of having a heart attack, and the support from not only Memphis, but from the World Wrestling Entertainment global community.

Jerry's dad had 7 heart attacks and was dead by 59. Yikes.

Man, poor Cara. :( I really do feel bad for him. There's so much potential but, he just keeps screwing up!
It must be strange for the man himself, he goes from being at the top of Mexico to struggling in WWE's midcard, I still believe that he can adapt with a bit more time, that SD match aside he's improved on the not botching front.
Unfortunately even when he does well the crowd just sit on their hands, I almost cringe when I see him trying to pump up the crowd with his little gestures/motions and such only for them to just sit there saving their cheers for Mysterio falling off the top rope with what is supposedly a body splash or something.
So yeah I feel bad for him as well.

Wow, just watched smackdown, I would say literally at least 60% of the show was
kane & bryan. they started it, ended it, and were in most segments in between. show was all about the tag team champs, sheamus was an afterthought

Sounds like the best episode of SD in years.

sajj316

Yup.

I don't think he fits in WWE though.

Either let the guy go to flourish in kinder waters or bring more talent for him to work with ..

Also .. for the love of all things wrasslin, turn on the lights. I bet half the botches are due to poor lighting conditions

Kyoufu

Either let the guy go to flourish in kinder waters or bring more talent for him to work with ..

Also .. for the love of all things wrasslin, turn on the lights. I bet half the botches are due to poor lighting conditions

I don't think they've used the special lighting for him since last year. Haven't seen it in a while.

Mistico was awesome, but Sin Cara just isn't performing on that level for whatever reason, be it difficulties with the WWE style, the different working environment, or having to wrestle guys like Miz, who isn't exactly well travelled in wrestling.

Sin Cara would have likely been awesome in WCW.

Anyways, the line-up for SHINE 3 live worldwide TONIGHT via iPPV;m

ijNBszi7hhkuy.jpg

http://wwnlive.com/event-shine-09-21-12.html - $9.99 - 8PM EST | 1AM GMT

• Jazz vs Rain
  • Allysin Kay vs Christina Von Eerie
  • Jessicka Havok vs Mia Yim
  • Mercedes Martinez vs Jayme Jameson
  • The West Coast Connection (Tracy Taylor & Su Yung) vs Rainbow Bright (Gabby Gilbert & Luscious Latasha)
  • Leva Bates vs Kimberly
  • Santana vs Sienna Duval
  • Taylor Made vs Greek Barbie

I am in for Shine :D

Striker

Cole was terrible, as usual. Wrong move calls, JBL was schooling him on the Von Erich thing, among others. He's the voice of the program, though.

tm24

JBL even remembered that time that Rey Mysterio won the CMLL World Heavyweight title.

I dont think he ever said that, he said both Mysterio and Sin Cara were AAA champions, which was wrong. He did say that Sin Cara was a multiple time champ in CMLL on monday though

Liquidsnake said:
I am in for Shine :D

mechashiva said:
I'm tentative for Shine.

Excellent! Anyone else interested in seeing some GOOD women's wrestling? Only $9.99;

http://wwnlive.com/event-shine-09-21-12.html

JBL even remembered that time that Rey Mysterio won the CMLL World Heavyweight title.

And he made note of the fact that Sin Cara was a New Japan Jr. Heavyweight champion. In short, JBL is awesome.

JR, JBL & Regal - commentary team of the forever.

tm24 said:
I completely lost my shit during the opening segment of Smackdown

The whole thing was awesome. Team Friendship are the best thing going on in WWE right now.

I dont think he ever said that, he said both Mysterio and Sin Cara were AAA champions, which was wrong. He did say that Sin Cara was a multiple time champ in CMLL on monday though

Oh it may have been AAA champions then. I just remember JBL having a few Striker-isms in his commentary. Incidentally I didn't care if the facts were off, because learning about the wild/weird world of wrestling outside of the WWE was what really got me into wrasslin. I likely wouldn't still be a WWE fan if not for the indies, no matter how much the E shuns it all.

And he made note of the fact that Sin Cara was a New Japan Jr. Heavyweight champion. In short, JBL is awesome.

Regal should really be Lawler's full time replacement. The man understands wrestling in a way that almost no one else in that company does.

jmdajr

This Chicken Tikka Masala dish was way hotter than I thought it would be. Wow.
Delicious though.

I'm sure Kane could handle it....

Aiii

So not worth it
So dirtsheet bullshit lol?

Speaking of Tara, TNA is teasing her new boyfriend, indicating that it may be a new wrestler to debut. Tara cut a heel promo on last night’s Impact and said that her new boyfriend that resides in Hollywood, California, has helped her see that she is the best Knockout.

I can't be the only one that immediatly realised it's Joey Ryan, right?

FyreWulff

Excellent! Anyone else interested in seeing some GOOD women's wrestling? Only $9.99;

http://wwnlive.com/event-shine-09-21-12.html

The whole thing was awesome. Team Friendship are the best thing going on in WWE right now.

This is what I miss in WWE's casting. Actually learning and knowing their history while the match is going on. Tenay does that too, but I have a feeling he'll never go for a WWE run.

Cole will rarely sometimes do it, but it's probably only while Vince is eating a sandwich and not yelling in his ear.

Top Bottom