• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

If you took Teen Wolf and shaved his forehead and cheeks, you'd get what Daniel Bryan looked like in those diner vignettes.

zHu4D.png
VZdSQ.jpg

WatTsu

So the Sandow shirt isn't available until October 2nd. I'll be at Raw on October 1st. What do you suppose the odds are I could get the shirt there?

Are we talking Ahmed Johnson levels of dangerous here? Have any superstars complained about him actually hurting them?

In June, Meltzer said that the reason Ryback kept squashing local guys is because people didn't want to work with him because they were wary of his work

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
When Cena started "cursing", I cringed and changed the channel simultaneously. So bad.

I'm sure Cena and Vince think they're so smart, playing into his goody goody image they've given cena, appealing to his kid demographic, and encouraging the "cool" fans to hate him further, but all they are really doing is providing that "hero" character every child wants to have when they're between 3 and 10 years old. They're not actually creating any wrestling fans, giving their business a feasible model to thrive in the event of an unexpected accident that ends cena's career. The worst part is sthat they are alienating the diehard wrestling fans that stick with them through the bad times and the good times, who buy all the PPVs, attend all the live events, and appreciate the art of the sport. The people who provide word of mouth when a new stone cold pops up, or a CM Punk pulls off a potentially industry-changing promo (should it be followed up on properly, which, as we all know, it wasn't). They are your cash cows.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Remember how all the wrestlers in the back were watching Ryback matches and laughing?

good times.

Alucard

Banned
In June, Meltzer said that the reason Ryback kept squashing local guys is because people didn't want to work with him because they were wary of his work

Well then...hmm...not sure what to think, and really question pushing him up to the main event scene if that's true.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
My first PPV.
That's right. I remember you telling me how your first glimpse of Kane is what inspired you to watch wrestling. Then, you went on some rant about how his mask should be kept in the Smithsonian, right next to the constitution as a national treasure.

Alucard

Banned
Gotta give that Raw an 8/10 overall. Would have been much better without Cena, though...and without the Big Show, the Divas, and the uncomfortable Jerry Lawler buildup.

And man, 3 hours still feels like waaaay too long.

That's right. I remember you telling me how your first glimpse of Kane is what inspired you to watch wrestling. Then, you went on some rant about how his mask should be kept in the Smithsonian, right next to the constitution as a national treasure.

Yes. I distinctly remember wishing that Kane was my father.

Kaladin

If you're not down for Ryback vs Punk, you don't like change.....or fun.....or character progression.....and you're a sports entertainment fan.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I'm in for Ryback vs. Punk

It's something fresh.

Punk has been wrestling the same guys over and over since February.

Seriously.

The only guys Punk has actually had feuds with are Cena, Bryan, and Jericho, with Kane and Big Show sprinkled in. They did start a punk/laurenitis feud at the RR I recall but they scrapped that and turned it over to Cena.

A year long title reign should not just be 1 or 2 feuds regurgitated for 8-10 PPVs (excluding a filler ppv).

I mean, Shawn Michaels' first title reign had him go from wrestling Bret Hart at Wrestlemania to Diesel to feuding with the rest of the hart family (Owen, Bulldog, Diana Smith), eventually drawing Jim Cornette and Vader in as well. After that, the reign went to feuds with Mankind, Goldust, and ended with him dropping the belt to Sid at Survivor Series. That's a title reign. And the seeds for the Sid feud were brewing as early as July/August

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
you notice Punk hasn't been wearing any of his t-shirts since he murdered Lawler?

mooooose

you notice Punk hasn't been wearing any of his t-shirts since he murdered Lawler?

Yes and its great. He doesn't need to shill his own shirt and he has a much more interesting character when parts of his personality are shown (wearing a Cro Mags shirt like tonight).

Tonight Punk finally felt like he got back into the heel grove again. He's doing much better.

Kaladin

Does Cena's arm feel like a work to anyone else? Especially after tonight with Cena playing up his career being in jeopardy and then challenging Punk after he's claimed he would be out six to eight weeks. It just doesn't add up.

The breast cancer thing also feels like a work to get the crowd to not boo Cena....he's the only one really behind the whole thing and it was "his idea" I think.

I don't know, it just all feels like a work to get the crowd to like Cena.

Does Cena's arm feel like a work to anyone else? Especially after tonight with Cena playing up his career being in jeopardy and then challenging Punk after he's claimed he would be out six to eight weeks. It just doesn't add up.

The breast cancer thing also feels like a work to get the crowd to not boo Cena....he's the only one really behind the whole thing and it was "his idea" I think.

I think Cena's carreer has been in jeapordy over 100 times since he won the title for the 1st time. They are exagerating it to get people to cheer him but it wont work people are too smart for that shiet anymore. Cena will be at main event at Hell in a Cell.

Vince will do anything to make Cena the modern Hulk Hogan, so nothing would surprise me. I don't think tonight is a work, that last segment with Ryback was insurance in case Cena can't go at HIAC.

Top Bottom