• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

McNei1y

Another one? Why?

I may take another break, then.

You'll do no such thing.

tumblr_m9w2grvh7v1renrvbo1_400.jpg

Del Rio needs to be reworked or fired. Heatless heel.
He needs a sense of humor. He was getting close to it with the immigration angle, even if it was racist and terrible. Even the most despicable heels were so over the top that it was hilarious. Del Rio's just like "I'm rich and mean."

He's just as bland as Sheamus's face character.

McNei1y

He needs a sense of humor. He was getting close to it with the immigration angle, even if it was racist and terrible. Even the most despicable heels were so over the top that it was hilarious. Del Rio's just like "I'm rich and mean."

He's just as bland as Sheamus's face character.

The Sheamus/ADR feud is the battle of stale characters. It's so boring and... well, just shit. I've never hated so many of the wrestlers in title feuds.

strobogo

Banned
The ratings of the show don't reflect how good or bad that particular show was. They reflect how good or bad the previous week's show was. So you can have a really good show with terrible ratings, because the show last week was terrible. And then there is a good show, and the next week there is usually a slight bump in the ratings.

The ratings of the show don't reflect how good or bad that particular show was. They reflect how good or bad the previous week's show was. So you can have a really good show with terrible ratings, because the show last week was terrible. And then there is a good show, and the next week there is usually a slight bump in the ratings.
Yes, in most situations, but a noticeable drop in the third hour is something that should never happen. It is a sign of a bad show that did not keep viewers in that one particular week.

It was actually one of the best Raws in a while, but that really was a lame main event. Who cared about that?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Good RAW = Bad ratings. Severe drop off in final hour.

The 10 pm hour was against the prime time lineup at the DNC. Deval Patrick, Julian Castro, and, most importantly (and for most of the time) Michelle Obama.

You better believe Vince is RAGING that Obama fucked his ratings like this.

EDIT: No, wait, maybe I'm wrong...that was last night wasn't it? I don't know what day it is. Fucking holidays.

strobogo

Banned
I agree. The super specific ratings breakdowns are so weird. I can't imagine why any fan would care about those at all. Do fans of Parks and Rec or Modern Family worry about how many people left after the first or second commercial break?

Every week those reports come out and they always talk about a loss of viewers when ___ vs ___ was on, in a time spot that always loses viewers. Or ___ vs___ gained viewers in a spot that typically gains viewers. I think individual segment breakdowns are ridiculous. What if they sat on the remote, or their kid changed the channel, or their power went out? Or people just happen to be flipping around and stop on Raw for a few seconds or minutes? It's all so random that it's really hard to pin down who draws what at what time.

And on top of all that, the obsession with ratings is a hold over from a bygone era. A 2.8 is still one of the most popular shows on cable. Maybe even more so with so many more stations and options, along with better programming.

For reference, Breaking Bad averages around the 1.3 area. Kardashians are around the same spot. True Blood gets 2.6. The fact that Raw still regularly gets ratings over 3 is crazy.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I agree. The super specific ratings breakdowns are so weird. I can't imagine why any fan would care about those at all. Do fans of Parks and Rec or Modern Family worry about how many people left after the first or second commercial break?

Every week those reports come out and they always talk about a loss of viewers when ___ vs ___ was on, in a time spot that always loses viewers. Or ___ vs___ gained viewers in a spot that typically gains viewers. I think individual segment breakdowns are ridiculous. What if they sat on the remote, or their kid changed the channel, or their power went out? Or people just happen to be flipping around and stop on Raw for a few seconds or minutes? It's all so random that it's really hard to pin down who draws what at what time.

And on top of all that, the obsession with ratings is a hold over from a bygone era. A 2.8 is still one of the most popular shows on cable. Maybe even more so with so many more stations and options, along with better programming.

For reference, Breaking Bad averages around the 1.3 area. Kardashians are around the same spot. True Blood gets 2.6. The fact that Raw still regularly gets ratings over 3 is crazy.
It's not about ratings. It's about trends. Trends are more important than ratings. A 3.something is still great, but if it's been steadily going down over a small period, then that's bad news. Breaking Bad getting a 1.3 may be considered good, but if it started going downhill, then it will likely be canceled.

strobogo

Banned
It's not about ratings. It's about trends. Trends are more important than ratings. A 3.something is still great, but if it's been steadily going down over a small period, then that's bad news. Breaking Bad getting a 1.3 may be considered good, but if it started going downhill, then it will likely be canceled.

But it isn't a downward trend. Raw has been steady around the high 2s to mid 3s for the past 7 years or so. It's a steady trend. That is the core audience. When they start getting low 2s for weeks at a time, then is the time to start worrying.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

See, I don't think trends are measured effectively with Nielsen ratings anymore. They haven't since television has been easy to get (and ESPECIALLY since Hulu and Netflix).

SoulPlaya

more money than God
But it isn't a downward trend. Raw has been steady around the high 2s to mid 3s for the past 7 years or so. It's a steady trend. That is the core audience. When they start getting low 2s for weeks at a time, then is the time to start worrying.
It's the trend within the show. Why are people tuning out? That's a very clear indictment on the product. The reason why people worry is because the WWE may respond with all day everyday HHH/Cena.

Top Bottom