• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Remember when Maria Menounos got makeup on her butt at WM? That was cool.
7dLQD.jpg

strobogo

Banned
It's the trend within the show. Why are people tuning out? That's a very clear indictment on the product. The reason why people worry is because the WWE may respond with all day everyday HHH/Cena.

But you can't base trends of a handful of shows. Especially when there are regularly gains and losses regardless of what is actually on the screen at those times. Plus DVRs, an additional hour that people apparently don't want to watch regardless of what's going on during it, the DNC going on, start of football season. It's really hard to pin point to the segment who is drawing what with so many factors going into it. And I'm not sure why fans are so obsessed with it all.

People don't do that for other shows and sports programs, do they?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
But you can't base trends of a handful of shows. Especially when there are regularly gains and losses regardless of what is actually on the screen at those times. Plus DVRs, an additional hour that people apparently don't want to watch regardless of what's going on during it, the DNC going on, start of football season. It's really hard to pin point to the segment who is drawing what with so many factors going into it. And I'm not sure why fans are so obsessed with it all.

People don't do that for other shows and sports programs, do they?
Fans are obsessed because they believe their favorite wrestler may get de-emphasized if the segments they are featured in are constantly losing ratings.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fans are obsessed because they believe their favorite wrestler may get de-emphasized if the segments they are featured in are constantly losing ratings.

Depends on how strongly management feels the ratings affects their business.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Depends on how strongly management feels the ratings affects their business.
Considering that the WWE has decided to focus on making their product a TV one, and since so much of their revenue now depends on TV deals, I think they value it greatly.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Considering that the WWE has decided to focus on making their product a TV one, and since so much of their revenue now depends on TV deals, I think they value it greatly.

Oh absolutely - and it still DOES, surely - but we're all on the outside. We don't know if Vince says "Goddammit this Damien Sandow match on youtube has more views than our main event! Goddammit I'm going to make him a star!" or if he discounts that. We don't KNOW for sure.

It's just nice to look at ratings and say "SEE? I TOLD YOU HE WAS AWESOME" etc.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Sunflower I can still take you seriously despite the crotch avatar.

Heavy I can not.

Maybe it's because of the dude's posture or something.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunflower I can still take you seriously despite the crotch avatar.

Heavy I can not.

Maybe it's because of the dude's posture or something.

Might be because mine's sparkly, and Heavy's looks like an amateur photo.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
The 10 pm hour was against the prime time lineup at the DNC. Deval Patrick, Julian Castro, and, most importantly (and for most of the time) Michelle Obama.

You better believe Vince is RAGING that Obama fucked his ratings like this.

EDIT: No, wait, maybe I'm wrong...that was last night wasn't it? I don't know what day it is. Fucking holidays.

Raw ratings always suck on holidays. Being that the NFL starts next week, they had to use the Paul E. Dangerously card to get people to watch next week. I'm sure if the NFL didn't factor into it, they would have saved that for the ppv.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How is Sunflower's avatar not a rules violation?

You could have just PMed me. I guess I should just appreciate that you decided to call it out in this thread and I saw it. If it bugs you, I'll change it - and since you made a post about it, it bugs you, so I'll change it. Give me a few moments.

Next time just PM me. I'm not tough to get along with.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Maria Menounos week is over thanks to the person who shall remain unnamed who only likes insular cosplay nerd girls, not that there's anything wrong with them(up for debate).

G-Fex

How is Sunflower's avatar not a rules violation?

I don't know what's more amazing, the fact he brought up Sunflower or the fact he ignored Heavy's avatar

Maria Menounos week is over thanks to the person who shall remain unnamed who only likes insular cosplay nerd girls, not that there's anything wrong with them(up for debate).

You're just mad jelly cause of the gifs I posted in that thread.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why is everybody snitching?

I just don't know why people don't just come to me. Someone else did the same thing without the forum post to at least inform me. I just don't get it. I thought I was liked here! Sure maybe I go overboard with some non-wrestling stuff but it's for the community! The community!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I just don't know why people don't just come to me. Someone else did the same thing without the forum post to at least inform me. I just don't get it. I thought I was liked here! Sure maybe I go overboard with some non-wrestling stuff but it's for the community! The community!
tumblr_m9wkztOlqi1rt0n8fo4_250.jpg
tumblr_m9wkztOlqi1rt0n8fo3_250.jpg
tumblr_m9wkztOlqi1rt0n8fo6_250.jpg

Sokantish

that was a fun week. it went by to fast.

Time flies when you're having fun.

Non-wrestling stuff is cool, this is a community thread. You don't have to stay on topic, I don't know why people get so worked up over it

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You're getting a lot of mileage outta that one Soul. I predict we'll see it a month from now.

Top Bottom