• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Kaladin

i0crzUrGaHlt0.jpg

http://www.wwnlive.com/event-evolve-09-08-12.html - from just $9.99 - bell-time; 5PM EST

Main Event, Tie-Breaker Match;
El Generico vs Samuray Del Sol

Grudge Match;
Ricochet vs AR Fox

Six-Man Tag Team Action;
Rich Swann & The Super Smash Brothers vs Chuck Taylor, Drew Gulak & Orange Cassidy

Special Challenge Match;
Sami Callihan vs MASADA

Non-Title Match;
Johnny Gargano vs Jon Davis

Special Attraction Match;
Jigsaw vs Lince Dorado

SHINE Showcase Match;
Christina von Eerie vs Marti Belle

D.U.F. vs The Scene;
Pinkie Sanchez vs Caleb Konley or Scott Reed

iPgBp7bdxP9M5.jpg

http://www.wwnlive.com/event-czw-09-08-12.html - from just $9.99 - bell-time 8PM EST

CZW World Heavyweight Championship
MASADA (c) vs El Generico

Chri$ Ca$h Memorial Ladder Match - Title Unification - Both Titles are on the Line
CZW World Jr Heavyweight Champion A.R. FOX vs CZW Wired TV Champion Dave Crist

CZW World Tag Team Championship
Danny Havoc & Devon Moore (c) vs Mr. Tofiga & Alexander James

Sami Callihan & Jake Crist vs The Super Smash Brothers

Rematch from Tangled Web
Rich Swann vs Shane Strickland

Fallout from the Break Up of BLK OUT
4Locos' Alex Colon vs Blk-Out's Ruckus

Chri$ Ca$h Opportunity Match
Pepper Parks vs Kekoa
We are one day away from our first Best of the Indies Month events. I need a show of hands.....who is joining us for at least one of these events, and which events are you watching? It's only $20 total for two awesome cards, or you can just watch one for $10. Join us. Watch a good wrestling product that isn't a joke for a change. Call your local cable company Internet your way over to WWNLive now! Don't be locked out of these amazing shows!

egY7C.jpg

We are one day away from our first Best of the Indies Month events. I need a show of hands.....who is joining us for at least one of these events, and which events are you watching? It's only $20 total for two awesome cards, or you can just watch one for $10. Join us. Watch a good wrestling product that isn't a joke for a change. Call your local cable company Internet your way over to WWNLive now! Don't be locked out of these amazing shows!

egY7C.jpg

I'll be in for the evolve show.

If you watch just one indy iPPV this month, make it EVOLVE 17 - the card is stacked, it's guaranteed to be an awesome evening of wrestling.

Here's a pair of excellent hype videos for the top 2 matches;

El Generico vs Samuray Del Solhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XXfv7Zvfws - the 3rd encounter between these two, El Generico, one of the premier talents on the worldwide wrestling scene, and Samuray Del Sol, a young high-flyer whose star is rising in 2012, in no small part due to the two other matches in this amazing series.

AR Fox vs Ricochethttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf3fnCQl3w8 - Ricochet, one of the top high-flyers in the world, has taken issue with another young high-flyer on the rise, AR Fox, and his successes recently have brought out the arrogant and cocky side of Ricochet, who perhaps feels threatened by Fox's progress as their feud comes to the boil this Saturday.

egY7C.jpg

Most def in for the EVOLVE show. If I don't have anything going on later on Saturday I'll watch CZW simply because El Generico in a ladder match is awesome!

Also more CHIKARA awesome

All the way from Osaka Pro in Japan, a man famed for his original recipe of pro-wrestling, Yoneru Sanders will make his U.S. debut and appears exclusively on Night 3 of King of Trios 2012.

Sanders.jpg

By the way, while I was banned, and browsing. I saw a picture you guys posted with Heyman saying OMG you broke his spirit. If anyone has that can you post it again. It made me laugh so hard I shit in my pants. I thought it was grade a genus. I mean AAA genus shit.

bangai-o

Banned
how come when someone like CM Punk does his botching, we are all like, oh botches happen. Then we continually smack talk Sin Cara.

hertog

how come when someone like CM Punk does his botching, we are all like, oh botches happen. Then we continually smack talk Sin Cara.

Because it's a meme and because Sin Cara was supposed to be this all star great wrestler/high flyer

Punk is a brawler with great mic skills.

Sokantish

I wish Khrno were still here. What do you guys think he'd think of Daniel Bryan's position? Do you think he would have turned his back on Bryan by now?

You never get a second chance to make a first impression and Sin Cara had the full weight of the hype machine behind him. The fact that he botched so spectacularly in those first few weeks set the tone of how we see him.

The other thing is that there are two very different types of botching. If someone misses the mark by a mile or someone sells something completely wrong it damages the reality of the match, but if someone just slips up 20 minutes into a match and reacts naturally rather than trying to mask it then you can wave it off, because it doesn't hurt the reality at all.
That said, there are dumbfuck marks who watch only watch matches to see what will show up in the next Botchingmania.

hertog

That's pretty cool. I believe there are two dutch federations atm, both in the Randstad as far as I know. But that's more like backyard wrestling really :lol:

a small part from their show :D

Summer Showdown begon met de opkomst door de gehate Arabier Sheik Al Aziz. Hij herinnerde het publiek er aan dat hij tijdens Dutch Pro Wrestling Revenge John Evers had verslagen, en dat sinds dien Evers zijn nieuwe pupil is. En vanavond zou Evers laten zien wat hij de afgelopen maanden allemaal van zijn nieuwe mentor geleerd had. Vervolgens introduceerde bij de Beer uit Brabant, die naar de ring kwam. Sheik Al Aziz stuurde hem echter weer terug naar de kleedkamers, want Evers kwam niet op zoals afgesproken. Toen Evers uiteindelijk toch met de muziek van zijn nieuwe mentor naar de ring kwam, keek Sheik Al Aziz met grote genoegen toe. Sheik Al Aziz liet zijn pupil weten dat hij vanavond examen moest doen, en hij een tegenstander voor hem had geregeld. Maar eerst mocht hij toekijken hoe Sheik Al Aziz zelf zijn tegenstander een lesje zou leren!

summer_showdown_2012_20120829_1281896367.jpg

.... still better than RAW

Kaladin

pwinsider said:
Bully Ray has signed a new deal with TNA, PWInsider.com has confirmed. The deal was signed about 3-4 days ago and I believe it is a two year deal. Ray will continue to agent for the promotion as well as wrestle.

The signing means that for the first time since 1996, Ray and Devon are no longer working for the same wrestling promotion. There was a lot of talk at TV this week backstage that the company "didn't do right by Devon" as he got himself into better shape and had done everything that was asked of him, including working hard with younger talents and trying to help Garett Bischoff get over. There were those in the company shocked TNA didn't re-sign him as he was one of the most well liked people in the locker room and was often good cop to Bully's bad cop.

Ray and Devon will still be working together, obviously as their Team 3D Wrestling Academy in Florida remains open.

Bully Ray is signed to a new deal.....I hope we get a title run one day.

Why do all of his finishers suck balls?

I don't know, I generally like strike finishers like that, but it kinda looks like a poor version of Chris Hero's ripchord elbow. I guess that whenever Ohno debuts on the main roster they'll have to change his finisher, despite it being the basis of his whole gimmick - can't have two guys using an elbow strike as their finish.

Also, I really wish they would play up Barrett's 'bare knuckle boxing' skills far more - he does a bit of it at the start of that match, but never follows up. They need more guys with varied in-ring styles, as far too often you've got two guys in the ring doing the same shit, working the same style, and it's dull.

Also, I really wish they would play up Barrett's 'bare knuckle boxing' skills far more - he does a bit of it at the start of that match, but never follows up. They need more guys with varied in-ring styles, as far too often you've got two guys in the ring doing the same shit, working the same style, and it's dull.

I believe that they'll give him more of a bare-knuckle style for his next match. They've been pushing it pretty hard in his promos, with all those slow-mo reactions to his punches and cuts to frenzied crowds and steamy back-alley brawls.. All that talk about 'with escape, callous souls soften' and 'going back into the abyss' pretty much demands it; when you give a monologue that would fit into a 80's bloodsport flick, you have to start getting into scraps. It's Golan's Law
as decreed by myself

The only thing I'm worried about is how long it will last. WWE might keep going with it for a month or two, but I can see them getting cold feet and forcing him to go back to his old ways.

That was my own caption, btw.
True, and it was brilliant. Thank you for that.

Yeah bro that was it. Thank you Soused. I don't know why, but I laughed so hard when I saw it, and I wanted to give you props sandman, but I was banned. Caption of the year for me. I don't think it was fully appreciated for its genus.

You're quite welcome. I waded through some quality gifs to get to that post, so I got something out of it, too.

strobogo

Banned
I don't understand the hype of the bare knuckle brawling, but his finisher is an elbow. After talking about him punching dudes in the face for his living and for fun. An elbow. And they even said the elbow was that bare knuckle style shining through. Do guys throw a lot of short arm elbows in bare knuckle brawls in the UK?

Top Bottom