• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Ithil

Kana smashes the record for signing -> debut. Itami was the previous fastest at July-September, she gets September-September.

Rematch clause.

Basically the same reason KO/Balor rematch happened.

That, and not enough time to build up Eva/Dana to challenge Bayley.

If they hadn't gone with the rematch, I would have been fine with Bayley vs. Emma.

I thought they would cushion it by throwing Eva Marie, Dana Brooke, Emma, and Bayley into a four way for the title. Protects Eva Marie and Dana Brooke while it lets Bayley and Emma to have a match around them. Then, Eva Marie can challenge because she didn't take the pin.

But this works just fine.

Oersted

Kana is now named Asuka.

Meaning someone misspelled her name at the last take over.

kanna.jpg

RP912

Banned
I hope Bae and Bayley can pull that iron man match off. Since it's 30 minutes, it should be spectacular unless they try to emulate their Brooklyn match.

somedevil

It seems like the semi and finals with be on the Oct 7 show. Plus they seem have forget a match:

Spoiler:

Vaudevillians and Hype bros haven't had a match yet. Wonder how they will explain this.

Plus can't wait till Full Sail gets pissed when England gets
Joe vs Balor as the main event

just watching some old wrestling clips

and dude

triple h's return 2002 is absolutely insane. not even austin got that level of pop.

fuck

Ithil

Shameful to say I thought of the NGE character first and not Lioness Asuka who she's presumably actually named for.

NoRéN

Shameful to say I thought of the NGE character first and not Lioness Asuka who she's presumably actually named for.
How out of the loop am I that I don't know what any of those two things are in reference to?

Wait, nge:
neon genesis evangelion
?

Ithil

NoRéN;178313273 said:
How out of the loop am I that I don't know what any of those two things are in reference to?

Wait, nge:
neon genesis evangelion
?

Yes, Evangelion, and Lioness Asuka is one of the most popular female wrestlers from Japan ever, mainly in the 80s.

somedevil

NXT Taping Spoilers:

Episode 1:

* Tyler Breeze is out first followed by Adam Rose. Bull Dempsey is out next and says he's here to bat Tyler. Bull takes out Rose but Breeze escapes. Bull demands a match

* Tye Dillinger defeated one of the enhancement talents

* Apollo Crews defeated Solomon Crowe with a standing moonsault. Crews got a big pop and this was a great match

* Rhyno and Baron Corbin defeated Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa in a Dusty Rhodes Classic match when Corbin pinned Gargano with End of Days. This was another really good match

* Bayley defeated Sarah Dobson. Sasha Banks cuts a promo after the match and Bayley vs. Sasha for the title at Takeover in a 30-minute Ironwoman Match is announced to a huge pop

Episode 2:

* Jason Jordan and Chad Gable defeated The Mechanics

* Eva Marie defeated Carmella by count out. Huge heat for Eva here

* Bull Dempsey vs. Tyler Breeze is next Breeze knocks Bull off the top rope and pins him with his feet on the ropes

* NXT General Manager William Regal has a desk set up in the ring to introduce Kana. Her new name is Asuka. Emma and Dana Brooke come down to berate her and say they are the ones who run NXT. Asuka leaves sadly

* Blake and Murphy vs. The Vaudevillians for the NXT Tag Team Titles is next. Blue Pants comes out to chase away Alexa Bliss and make it 2 on 2. The Vaudevillians win clean

Episode 3:

* Apollo Crews defeated Johnny Gargano with the press slam and standing moonsault

* Dana Brooke and Emma defeated Peyton Royce and Billie Kay when Dana hit her finisher

* Tyler Breeze defeated Tommaso Ciampa. This was a good long match with Ciampa getting in a lot of offense but Breeze hit the Unprettier for the win

* Finn Balor and Samoa Joe defeated Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady in the second Dusty Classic match of the night. Joe hit a Musclebuster and Finn hit the Coup de Grace for the win in the main event

So either they just taped 2 out of 4 tournament matches or 3 out of the 4 and rearranged the brackets.

kirblar

It seems like the semi and finals with be on the Oct 7 show. Plus they seem have forget a match:

Spoiler:

Vaudevillians and Hype bros haven't had a match yet. Wonder how they will explain this.

Plus can't wait till Full Sail gets pissed when England gets
Joe vs Balor as the main event
Some of the matches are on house shows.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I saw that as losing uber alles for some reason.

Top Bottom