• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Ithil

PWInsider has confirmed with WWE sources that former CZW champion Biff Busick and SHIMMER talent Athena Reese have been officially signed by WWE and will report to the Performance Center later this month.
The pair join Rich Swann and Eddie "Bandido Jr." Orengo as confirmed talents who have been signed to WWE developmental deals, the latter to work as a referee.

Athena is a good catch, probably well overdue.

Zach

1992 in general was a glorious year for wrestling period. WWF's beginning transition to the younger wrestlers, WCW striving with the Dangerous Alliance storyline, Vader's rise to the main event, Flair's Royal Rumble win.

Such a good year.
Best ever? Or '97? Or something else?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Royal Rumble 1992
In Your House Final Four
Wrestlemania X
Great American Bash 1996
Survivor Series 1996

And like fifty honorable mentions.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
1995 is both the worst year in pro wrasslin yet it also has a great finish by both WCW and WWF. It also heralds in two of the best years in pro wrasslin in 1996 and 1997.

Wrestling is hot again, baby

tumblr_nuj82hZyIF1thjdmfo1_400.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I was thinking of fat Teddy Long and Armstrong mainly. I'd count Little Naitch though, who secretly has one of the best matches in the dying years of WCW.

WCW actually has two great referee matches, Little Naitch versus team madness and Nick Patrick versus Jericho with one arm tied behind his back.

Now that WWE Network added 1997 nitros I'm continuing watching the nitros and ppvs in order. I'm at nWo Souled Out. This ppv isn't that great.

Actual WWE Studios/WWF Entertainment films:

The Scorpion King (The Rock) - Decent
The Rundown (The Rock) - Decent
Walking Tall (The Rock) - Decent
See No Evil (Kane) - Decent
The Marine (Cena)
The Condemned (Austin) - Decent
Behind Enemy Lines: Colombia (Mr. Kennedy)
12 Rounds (Cena)
The Marine 2 (Ted DiBiase Jr.)
Legendary (Cena)
Knucklehead (Big Show)
The Chaperone (Triple H)
That's What I Am (Orton)
Inside Out (Triple H)
The Reunion (Cena)
Bending the Rules (Edge)
The Day
Barricade
The Marine 3: Homefront (The Miz)
Dead Man Down (Barrett)
The Call (Otunga) - Decent
No One Lives (Brodus Clay)
12 Rounds 2: Reloaded (Orton)
Christmas Bounty (The Miz)
Scooby-Doo! WrestleMania Mystery
Oculus - Decent
Road to Paloma
Leprechaun: Origins (Hornswoggle) - Shite
See No Evil 2 (Kane)
Queens of the Ring (The Miz, CM Punk, Eve Torres)
Jingle All the Way 2 (Santino)
The Flintstones & WWE: Stone Age SmackDown!
The Marine 4: Moving Target (The Miz and Summer Rae)
Vendetta (Big Show)
12 Rounds 3: Lockdown (Ambrose)

Upcoming:
The Condemned 2: Desert Prey (Orton)
Incarnate (Mark Henry)
Term Life
Santa's Little Helper (The Miz and Paige)
6:42 (Ziggler and Kane)
The Resurrection of Gavin Stone (Shawn Michaels)

From the ones I've seen, I've enjoyed them... strangely.

I really liked The Power Trip

iDBxwr9.jpg

Was hoping we'd get something similar out of Bryan & Punk. Maybe New Day will fulfill my dreams of title hording.

tm24

What's the scoop?

CMLL story: Dr Wagner called them up and said working the anniversary show was not in his best interest.

What Wagner will say: He did it in solidarity with LA PARK

The probable true story: Wagner is a dick and money is involved.What that probably means is that he realized LA Park has off the show and wanted more money and CMLL wouldn't play

I don't get why guys are willing to do stupid shit like barbed wire matches or ridiculous, excessively dangerous high spots for what's likely to be a shitty pay day. It's not going to get you noticed and lead to bigger and better things doing it in front of a crowd small enough to put on a bus with seats to spare either.

I wonder why they still keep WWE Studios around.

Do those movies actually make them money anymore? Theirs films dont look Sci Fi films cheap so they have to cost them something.

Maybe its just about keeping connections in Hollywood or something.

I don't get why guys are willing to do stupid shit like barbed wire matches or ridiculous, excessively dangerous high spots for what's likely to be a shitty pay day. It's not going to get you noticed and lead to bigger and better things doing it in front of a crowd small enough to put on a bus with seats to spare either.

It worked for Mick Foley. Dean Ambrose has headlined PPVs, got a starring role in a movie, dates Renee Young, and lights the Tumblrsphere afire. If it worked for them, surely it can work for the 300lb guy in rural Alabama with no training.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
To be fair it also fucked Mick Foley for life. I used to seethe when HHH called Foley out on that shit but he's absolutely right...even though those high spots also made him super extra over. Foley would do extreme stunts on the smallest of matches though and then had to top that on the big PPVs.

To be fair it also fucked Mick Foley for life. I used to seethe when HHH called Foley out on that shit but he's absolutely right...even though those high spots also made him super extra over. Foley would do extreme stunts on the smallest of matches though and then had to top that on the big PPVs.

The sad thing about Foley is that he didn't need to do any of that shit. He was a great talker and had great psychology in the ring. There was no reason he needed to do the Nestea Plunge and back drops on the floor every night.

The sad thing about Foley is that he didn't need to do any of that shit. He was a great talker and had great psychology in the ring. There was no reason he needed to do the Nestea Plunge and back drops on the floor every night.

Because he could take the bumps that no one else was willing to do at that time.

NoRéN;178453802 said:
What's with all the posting of wwe related threads in Off-Topic? I feel like I missed a "joke".

People trying to give it special treatment and make it seem like a renaissance period even though nothing's changed and everybody still looking at the rafters at Papa Dana passing us all by

Top Bottom