• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

I've heard that 12R2 is not that bad

Most of the WWE Studios movies i've seen are just blandly bad though. The Marine is actually an exception, where it's bad but it's also very watchable

I'll do it as long as I don't have to watch Marine 1, 3 or 4 again

how bad this one with edge be?

Bending_the_rules_film.jpg

and hey, wwe studios made Inside Out! Pixar ripped them off!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I knew that was going to happen, honestly.

Imagine getting tickets to the big lucha show and they tell you the two biggest draws are replaced by Shocker and Mark Jindrak

¡HarlequinPanic!;178412297 said:
how bad this one with edge be?

and hey, wwe studios made Inside Out! Pixar ripped them off!

that Inside Out cast... they've definitely had budget decreases since then

If that first one you linked is Bending the Rules, it's on Netflix i think and i'm intensely curious to watch it, but have yet to bring myself to do it

12 Rounds 3 Lockdown is a remarkable film in that it takes the abundant charisma of WWE Superstar Dean Ambrose and stifles it by giving him nothing to do. I don't remember the last time I saw a movie this straight up bad where I couldn't even laugh at its badness. There is nothing worth giffing. DUD

Sounds like one of the Raw bookers wrote it then.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Watching a ton of pg era wrestling has...resensitized me to blood and excessive physicality.

Not only the modern product but also watching a ton of pre attitude era RAW and PPVs.

It's funny because when I watched the WCW PPVs backwards it never bothered me. Always something...cartoonish about the way WCW handled blood and so called hardcore violence.

¡HarlequinPanic!;178411613 said:
maybe the 12 rounds with orton is better

screw reviewing PPVs we should divvy up WWE studio films and review them. Though I have the feeling more than half will end up being ungiffable snoozers.

fuck it I'm saying I'm organizing that shit now, let me know if you want in and we'll choose ones to do by lottery. maybe legit shook can host the reviews after we put them up here.

Actual WWE Studios/WWF Entertainment films:

The Scorpion King (The Rock)
The Rundown (The Rock)
Walking Tall (The Rock)
See No Evil (Kane)
The Marine (Cena)
The Condemned (Austin)
Behind Enemy Lines: Colombia (Mr. Kennedy)
12 Rounds (Cena)
The Marine 2 (Ted DiBiase Jr.)
Legendary (Cena)
Knucklehead (Big Show)
The Chaperone (Triple H)
That's What I Am (Orton)
Inside Out (Triple H)
The Reunion (Cena)
Bending the Rules (Edge)
The Day
Barricade
The Marine 3: Homefront (The Miz)
Dead Man Down (Barrett)
The Call (Otunga)
No One Lives (Brodus Clay)
12 Rounds 2: Reloaded (Orton)
Christmas Bounty (The Miz)
Scooby-Doo! WrestleMania Mystery
Oculus
Road to Paloma
Leprechaun: Origins (Hornswoggle)
See No Evil 2 (Kane)
Queens of the Ring (The Miz, CM Punk, Eve Torres)
Jingle All the Way 2 (Santino)
The Flintstones & WWE: Stone Age SmackDown!
The Marine 4: Moving Target (The Miz and Summer Rae)
Vendetta (Big Show)
12 Rounds 3: Lockdown (Ambrose)

Upcoming:
The Condemned 2: Desert Prey (Orton)
Incarnate (Mark Henry)
Term Life
Santa's Little Helper (The Miz and Paige)
6:42 (Ziggler and Kane)
The Resurrection of Gavin Stone (Shawn Michaels)

Boots, what do you know about Peter Kaasa? He's going to be working the EVOLVE shows in October. Looks like a real life wrestling caveman from his website. Like he hasn't finished evolving or something.

I see they booked both Barretta and Romero, which means they'll both be wasted on a match against Konley and Nese. Ugh.

They still have Gulak announced for the show.

They also have Thatcher, Tracy Williams (who I thought looked very good against Busick in the last Queens show), TJ Perkins, Trevor Lee, Andrew Everett, Ethan Page, Matt Cage, Willie Mack, and Kassa.

Actual WWE Studios/WWF Entertainment films:

The Scorpion King (The Rock)
The Rundown (The Rock)
Walking Tall (The Rock)
See No Evil (Kane)
The Marine (Cena)
The Condemned (Austin)
Behind Enemy Lines: Colombia (Mr. Kennedy)
12 Rounds (Cena)
The Marine 2 (Ted DiBiase Jr.)
Legendary (Cena)
Knucklehead (Big Show)
The Chaperone (Triple H)
That's What I Am (Orton)
Inside Out (Triple H)
The Reunion (Cena)
Bending the Rules (Edge)
The Day
Barricade
The Marine 3: Homefront (The Miz)
Dead Man Down (Barrett)
The Call (Otunga)
No One Lives (Brodus Clay)
12 Rounds 2: Reloaded (Orton)
Christmas Bounty (The Miz)
Scooby-Doo! WrestleMania Mystery
Oculus
Road to Paloma
Leprechaun: Origins (Hornswoggle)
See No Evil 2 (Kane)
Queens of the Ring (The Miz, CM Punk, Eve Torres)
Jingle All the Way 2 (Santino)
The Flintstones & WWE: Stone Age SmackDown!
The Marine 4: Moving Target (The Miz and Summer Rae)
Vendetta (Big Show)
12 Rounds 3: Lockdown (Ambrose)

Upcoming:
The Condemned 2: Desert Prey (Orton)
Incarnate (Mark Henry)
Term Life
Santa's Little Helper (The Miz and Paige)
6:42 (Ziggler and Kane)
The Resurrection of Gavin Stone (Shawn Michaels)

Alright so first WWE studios only (so from the condemned on) and it needs to have a WWE star in a starring role unless there's so many people that want to look at these that there aren't enough to those to go around.

I refuse to believe there aren't any gifs to be mined from the miz xmas films

Distribution deals don't count so no Oculus or something with zero rasslors at all.

Menome

I saw The Scorpion King on TV one Sunday afternoon. It was actually alright. Never felt the need to buy and watch it again, but I don't regret the experience.

Wait, you're telling me Iron Chef is a work? I don't bolieve it.

Allez Cuisine!

I saw The Scorpion King on TV one Sunday afternoon. It was actually alright. Never felt the need to buy an watch it again, but I don't regret the experience.

The best part of that movie was Kelly Hu doing anything

Also, I wish Prince of Persia got a sequel, the movie handled the Sands of Time so damn well

Man God

Non-Canon Member
HP's rules, while fair, also gets rid of most of the watchable movies.

Scorpion King/Rundown/Walking Tall/See No Evil/The Condemned all range from average to so bad its good. Oculus is genuinely a good movie.

HP's rules, while fair, also gets rid of most of the watchable movies.

Scorpion King/Rundown/Walking Tall/See No Evil/The Condemned all range from average to so bad its good. Oculus is genuinely a good movie.

the point is to avoid the films most have seen already though.

Besides maybe you'll be the lucky guy that draws See No Evil 2 in the lottery~

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I knew about the chef's being picked in advance and that the secret ingredients were from a list of possible choices in the original version of the show. Which is fine by me. I thought the whole thing was a work instead.

Gonzalez

Banned
It's as much of a work as Iron Chef, and that's a shoot, brother.

Also valid.

Original Iron Chef was a shoot, brother.

Are you going to tell me the cute celebrity women that would say they would jump on a fluffy white cloud, and wave to the little people in the city after they ate a bowl of squid ice cream was a work?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Original Iron Chef was a shoot, brother.

Are you going to tell me the cute celebrity women that would say they would jump on a fluffy white cloud, and wave to the little people in the city after they ate a bowl of squid ice cream was a work?

The chefs were picked in advance and they both got a list of possible secret ingredients, I remember that much from interviews done when they started the US invasion angle with Bobby Flay.

If WWE's gonna make movies, they should make them starring the wrestlers' characters. I'd bet a movie about Dean Ambrose getting into wacky hijinx on the Mexican border like he's mentioned in promos a few times would be better than whatever TA is describing with that movie. It'll be shit, either way, but at least it would be potentially FnP shit, instead of just boring shit.

I've been watching a bunch of Championship Wrestling from Hollywood and Drew Gulak/Timothy Thatcher are the tag team champions, and they outshine basically everyone else on the show, from a look/wrestling standpoint (most of the people on the show have bad looks tbh). If the rumors of Gulak getting signed to WWE are true though, idk why they wouldn't go for Thatcher too, since he's taller and has an even better look than DG.

other things about CWfH:

-Johnny Yuma is the top champion as of right now and he's not really a great singles guy or promo, but i think that's due to a dearth of great guys who've been there for awhile (Peter Avalon is the number 1 contender ffs). he carries himself okay though, but he had a match with Jervis Cottonbelly on a recent episode where it was evenly matched despite Jervis being a comedy jobber, which just makes Yuma look even worse.
-Cold Cold World gotta be on the radar too right? Though they're a hoss team, I think they're only tall compared to the other guys on the roster
-the top heel stable is Vermin (Yuma, Kevin Martenson (the former Johnny Goodtime), Joey Ryan and Ryan Taylor) and they basically rarely win clean and the finishes are more overbooked than they need to be. They're not very interesting
-Tyler Bateman is working a weird carny ringleader gimmick, but also may be supernatural? v. strange but i'm glad there are characters that are literal carnies

Menome

Super Mario World tileset getting buried in Mario Maker by Mario 1 and NSMB tilesets

They don't unlock SMW tilesets until a few days in if I recall correctly and EU only got it today. Blame Nintendo and most game companies for having non-universal releases.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny, Zach!!!!!

COpm5fmUAAAMtbY.jpg

Yup. We're going. He's got his seats, I'm getting mine at the door.

Of all things I'm super excited to see Special Referee James Beard. He was in GWF (Global Wrestling Federation) in the early 90s, and I remember him well. A relic of my childhood. Really liked him.

Yup. We're going. He's got his seats, I'm getting mine at the door.

Of all things I'm super excited to see Special Referee James Beard. He was in GWF (Global Wrestling Federation) in the early 90s, and I remember him well. A relic of my childhood. Really liked him.

Pleae get a picture and I mean legit picture with Vader

Top Bottom