• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Mahonay

Banned
Listened to my first episode of Review-a-Wai last night, just their review of the latest RAW. Nearly woke up my girlfriend from laughing at various times. Big fan of this first bit of content. I'll have a hefty back catalogue to catch up on.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He carried those two bums Too Cool to stardom, breh.

Too Much was the best until Rikishi got a hold of them
tumblr_inline_nia2ejMdLU1qgfe3m.gif

Gonzalez

Banned
Yeah they were fun. Brian had a lot of charisma. I like this kind of schtick, that why i like Bagwell so much.
Watching old WCW you come to realize that Bagwell was a severely underrated worker, who had one of the best dropkicks in the business before Rick Steiner broke his neck.

Watching old WCW you come to realize that Bagwell was a severely underrated worker, who had one of the best dropkicks in the business before Rick Steiner broke his neck.

When ever he came out to wrestle, I never rolled my eyes, and said oh god, change the channel. He was fun to watch, and yes he could go. I was always entertained.

Nekofrog

Banned
buff also came from the school of goofy oversellers, which i love. i think that school was founded by scott hall and had duane johnson as a professor.

Gonzalez

Banned
buff also came from the school of goofy oversellers, which i love. i think that school was founded by scott hall and had duane johnson as a professor.
Oh God, ain't it the truth. The other day I saw him on an old Nitro backing down like Ric Flair because Nick Patrick threatened to fine him.

Striker

They going to re-do Austin's 1996 Survivor Series promo too? Going through the Bret feud with the Hart Foundation would be gold.

Honestly, I have a hard time remembering full PPVs by heart. But one that stands out to me so much is Mania 20. That ending is the pinnacle for story telling and emotion in professional wrestling. I feel that's when wrestling genuinely clicked with me and I knew it would be in my life to any extent going forward.

Honestly, I have a hard time remembering full PPVs by heart. But one that stands out to me so much is Mania 20. That ending is the pinnacle for story telling and emotion in professional wrestling. I feel that's when wrestling genuinely clicked with me and I knew it would be in my life to any extent going forward.

XX was the first PPV I ordered, so it has a special place in my heart.

¡HarlequinPanic!;178411613 said:
maybe the 12 rounds with orton is better

screw reviewing PPVs we should divvy up WWE studio films and review them. Though I have the feeling more than half will end up being ungiffable snoozers.

fuck it I'm saying I'm organizing that shit now, let me know if you want in and we'll choose ones to do by lottery. maybe legit shook can host the reviews after we put them up here.

Do one. Dead Man Down and No One Lives are really decent action/revenge movies.

WrassleGAF, I had a free movie rental from Google from months ago for buying a Chromecast and today I spent it on the newly released 12 Rounds: Dean Ambrose Edition.

This is my first WWE movie, unless you count the Scooby-Doo. Dean was the draw.

Zach

Sunny, Zach!!!!!

COpm5fmUAAAMtbY.jpg

Yeeeaaah!!! My friend who I'm going with just asked if there would be a meet-and-greet. I will let her know. Haha...

Yup. We're going. He's got his seats, I'm getting mine at the door.

Of all things I'm super excited to see Special Referee James Beard. He was in GWF (Global Wrestling Federation) in the early 90s, and I remember him well. A relic of my childhood. Really liked him.

*Legendary Referee James Beard

But what about Stunning Steve?!

Zach

now that you mention it: anyone got fave five PPVs of all time?

Fave Five (through early '97, although it may not change)
The Great American Bash '89
SuperBrawl II
WrestleWar '92
Beach Blast '92
Bash at the Beach '96

Honorable Mention Non-PPVs

Clash of the Champions I
Clash of the Champions XX

RP912

Banned
1992 in general was a glorious year for wrestling period. WWF's beginning transition to the younger wrestlers, WCW striving with the Dangerous Alliance storyline, Vader's rise to the main event, Flair's Royal Rumble win.

Such a good year.

Top Bottom