• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Fox318

Edmonton house show results

R-Truth def Bo Dallas
Sandow / Axel def Ascension
Natalya def Alicia Fox
Chris Jericho def Kevin Owens
- Intermission
Cesaro def Luke Harper
New Day def PTP to retain their titles
Rollins def Reigns to retain both titles in a Street Fight

The arena seemed empty. Nobody in the second bowl, where as a Smackdown taping two years ago was a near sell-out.

Dallas opened the show trashing the city, Truth came out to a decent response and won a back and forth match with lots of stalling from Bo.

Sandow was over big. Nobody cared about the Ascension. Axel got the pin.

Divas match was good. Natalya is top notch, Albertan crowd was obviously into the Sharpshooter.

Owens came out, said it was his first time in Edmonton and he was disappointed. Almost left when Jericho came out and demanded a match. The two went back and forth on the mics for a while before starting to fight. MOTN and Jericho was by far the most over all night. Good match with the regular spots, Chris got the pin after a Codebreaker.

Cesaro (with taped ribs) beat Harper after the intermission but got laid out afterwards. Really solid match, fairly stiff work.

New Day successfully defended against the PTP. More "sucks" than "rocks" chants, but crowd seemed into them regardless. No sign of Kofi - Woods and Big E worked the match. Darren Young was impressive, really hustling, and crowd was into Titus when he came in with the hot tag. They got cheered up the ramp after losing.

Main event was okay. Rollins got on the mic a lot during the match to build heat. Crowd really wanted a table spot, mostly unsatisfied with the chair and kendo stick. Eventually Roman speared him through a table, Bray Wyatt attacked and Rollins got called the winner even though there was no pin and it was a street fight. Whatever. Braun Strowman or whatever his name is came out and beat up Reigns too. Sandoval and Axel tried to make the save but got destroyed, then Cesaro came and he and Reigns took the big man out. Reigns then speared Wyatt to close the show.

Lots of kids in Cena merch probably bummed he wasn't there. Crowd liked Reigns but wanted Ambrose too, Jericho was the only guy cheered like a big star. Lots of solid matches, but the tame, small crowd and lacking star power hurt the show. No Cena, Orton, Sheamus, Ziggler, Rusev, Ryback, Ambrose or Big Show, and none of the Diva's Revolution.

Also, at one point Cesaro put Harper in a crossface. Lots of the crowd popped big, even heard a 'Chris Benoit' chant from some guys nearby. That was weird. Probably the wrong city to do that move in, even if it's one he's using regulatory now.

The Rundown/Welcome to the Jungle is a great action movie. Watched it a ton of times now, had no idea it was part of the WWE production company, way better quality than I'd expect.

Aiii

So not worth it
WWE Network will air a new thirty minute episode of "Table For 3" after Monday's WWE RAW from Memphis, featuring WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day. The description reads like this:

"The New Day discusses life on the road, their ups and downs, and the special bond that brought them to the top of the WWE Tag Team division!"

Best special?

Best special.

miserable

https://instagram.com/p/7g9ed6AFEW/

EDIT: bonus gif:
newday21ctsby.gif

I would just like to say that I set my expectations too high for Global Force Wrestling. I thought Jeff Jarrett learned from his past mistakes with TNA and I don't think he has and I thought he was going to do more international work and still feel that's what he should do going forward. He can have talent that he books for his shows work with New Japan and AAA and other things. Here's hoping things improve for them.

Edmonton house show results

I kinda like the sound of this because house shows are like alternatives to current storylines without totally breaking them, I'd imagine. Reigns vs Rollins in a street fight for example is unlikely to happen, Jericho isn't on TV and it sounds like you also get a higher amount of actual finishes since the matches aren't part of a story.

I'm going to a UK house show in November. First live wrestling event ever. The card includes Rollins, Orton, Ambrose and Rusev. No mention of women yet - I'd really feel like I got my money's worth if there was a Sasha Banks match. There are two house shows in the UK that same night so I guess Cena and some of the others will be at the other one. If I get Rollins and Rusev matches that's cool though.

They probably don't decide on the cards until just before the event and stuff, right? So there probably won't be any way of knowing exactly what will be on until I get there. How do these shows work? Sounds like there are promos, are there any graphics? Does it have the usual WWE stage setup? I know the audience is dark cos it isn't being televised.

Aiii

So not worth it
Damn the ratings are dropping fast in this thread :(. Maybe 2015 is a shitty year for wrestling.

It's gaming season, friend.

MGS5, Mario Maker and then there's that whole Uncharted Trilogy coming out next month.

Some GH and/or RB on the horizon as well.

Good times.

RP912

Banned
It's gaming season, friend.

MGS5, Mario Maker and then there's that whole Uncharted Trilogy coming out next month.

Some GH and/or RB on the horizon as well.

Good times.

Indeed. Games and Foosball season causing tumbleweeds to pass through this thread.

RP912

Banned
Watching Power Struggle 2012. The Low Ki/Devitt feud is pretty entertaining. It's like watching a live version of Saturday Night Slam Masters.

Jamie OD

It's crazy how WWE didn't have a storyline involving the World Wide Fund of nature issue over the initials.

They were probably advised not to by their legal team. Also it was better for them to make it look like changing the name was their own idea and not because the panda people beat them in court.

Caderfix

Man, New Day is so much fun.

New Day, Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper are my favs right now. They can wrestle, they can talk and they're entertaining.

Cesaro is a good wrestler, but he's too boring, Dolph Ziggler tries to hard and Dean Ambrose just doesn't make an impact. I want to like those three, but I just can't.

Seth is almost at Randy Orton levels of mic work..bores the hell out of me. Bray, I don't mind cause at the very least he's animated and somewhat charismatic when he talks.

RP912

Banned
Seth can be good on the mic at times, but most of the time is long dragged out sentences of why he's the best ala Triple H.

Top Bottom