• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

RP912

Banned
If you go to an ATM for a hundred dollars and it keeps spitting twenties, when would you walk away? When it wasn't spitting twenties no more. As long as you can take the money out, you'd stay there. That's what the wrestling business is like.

Kevin Nash

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Times like this I wish Wifebeater and Zandig would just go out of retirement and beat the shit out of each other for old times sake.
I want them to beat the shit out of EVERYONE else.

Fox318

I would 100% take the thing that would enable me to live a comfortable life free of hustling and having to struggle to get your pay check because having a house, car, and comfortable living is more important than being a "star" for no money.

But then your image and worth becomes completely dependent on that project. Part of the reason the Seinfeld cast asked for so much was because due to the popularity of their character they feared that Jason Alexander could never get cast because everyone saw him as George.

Look at Barrett. Right now if he was cut by the WWE would anyone pick him up? Probably not in the US and part of that is because right now his image is that he is a complete fucking joke.

There are times when taking the safe job is the thing to do like with somebody like Tye Dillinger who was pretty awesome in getting his gimmick over and making Crews look like a star but if you want to keep a spot or move on up you can;t be afraid of the fall. Especially if you don't have the corprate backing like Roman Reigns, Great Khali, or HHH.

WMBT27

First post in WrassleGaf...long time lurker, account recently approved.

Handshakes all around. I'd carry bags but my shoulder is injured from a Jack Swagger botch. I'm sure it'll heal up quick though, I'm seeing Daniel Bryan's acupuncturist.

Fave Five (current)
1. New Day (all of them)
2. Ambrose
3. Balor
4. Cesaro
5. AJ Styles

All Time
1. Chris Jericho (used to be he who cannot be named)
2. Austin
3. Bret Hart
4. Ric Flair
5. Lance Storm

Honorable mention to Tajiri, Christopher Daniels, and Raven

Handshakes all around. I'd carry bags but my shoulder is injured from a Jack Swagger botch. I'm sure it'll heal up quick though, I'm seeing Daniel Bryan's acupuncturist.

You're alright, friend

Fox318

Fave Five (current)
1. New Day (all of them)
2. Ambrose
3. Balor
4. Cesaro
5. AJ Styles

All Time
2. Austin
3. Bret Hart
4. Ric Flair
5. Lance Storm

vi7n07Bl.jpg

Welcome

Fox318

I actually think Swagger-Brock could be a cool match.

Lots of amateur spots and Swagger isn't somebody who would need a win.

Well two bullet club members trolled/teased being in the NXT tag tournament. Out of the 4 remaining openings 2 are open to non known teams.

Plus some Smackdown spoilers:

Stardust appears to have henchmen now and Cesaro is doing a honma gimmick

Is that just a fancy euphemism for a losing streak gimmick?

But then your image and worth becomes completely dependent on that project. Part of the reason the Seinfeld cast asked for so much was because due to the popularity of their character they feared that Jason Alexander could never get cast because everyone saw him as George.

Look at Barrett. Right now if he was cut by the WWE would anyone pick him up? Probably not in the US and part of that is because right now his image is that he is a complete fucking joke.

There are times when taking the safe job is the thing to do like with somebody like Tye Dillinger who was pretty awesome in getting his gimmick over and making Crews look like a star but if you want to keep a spot or move on up you can;t be afraid of the fall. Especially if you don't have the corprate backing like Roman Reigns, Great Khali, or HHH.

I'm sure Jason Alexander (still worth $50M nearly 20 years after Seinfeld with no succesful projects since) really regrets not jumping off the gravy train to star in indie films no one would see for less money than he got per episode so he could be "the man" of his own production.

But Justin Gabriel wasn't a Costanza. He was more of a Newman. Who is also worth millions from Seinfeld as a bit player and having done nothing much of note since. He would have been fucking dumb to decide, "nah I'm not going to take this pay check, I'm going to star in an indie thriller with top billing". Gabriel leaving WWE to be the GWF champion isn't even that. It's like leaving the most popular sitcom to do a Hungarian webshow.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Fave Five (current)
1. New Day (all of them)
2. Ambrose
3. Balor
4. Cesaro
5. AJ Styles

All Time
2. Austin
3. Bret Hart
4. Ric Flair
5. Lance Storm

Welcome welcome!

Fox318

I'm sure Jason Alexander (still worth $50M nearly 20 years after Seinfeld with no succesful projects since) really regrets not jumping off the gravy train to star in indie films no one would see for less money than he got per episode so he could be "the man" of his own production.

But Justin Gabriel wasn't a Costanza. He was more of a Newman. Who is also worth millions from Seinfeld as a bit player and having done nothing much of note since. He would have been fucking dumb to decide, "nah I'm not going to take this pay check, I'm going to star in an indie thriller with top billing". Gabriel leaving WWE to be the GWF champion isn't even that. It's like leaving the most popular sitcom to do a Hungarian webshow.

Prior to that show what was Jason most known for He was the rapist in pretty woman. I have a stand up DVD somewhere of him talking about being labeled as that.

If Jason doesn't get the seinfeld job he is the rapist getting yearly commissions off of pretty woman dvd sales.

Justin Gabriel was a bunny, Had he not left he would have been viewed as a joke.

At least with the TNA/GFW stuff he has a chance to look more marketable and presentable and thats the point.

What is Cody Runnels right now? Why should he have a main roster spot over anyone on NXT other than workrate? Somebody like CJ parker saw the writing on the wall at NXT and is now working for NJPW. Maybe he fails but at least he won't blend into the background of WWE.

As a wrestler you need to define your value as something not entirely created by the WWE. Otherwise you aren't special and you could be replaced by the next tall guy vince finds.

Prior to that show what was Jason most known for He was the rapist in pretty woman. I have a stand up DVD somewhere of him talking about being labeled as that.

If Jason doesn't get the seinfeld job he is the rapist getting yearly commissions off of pretty woman dvd sales.

Justin Gabriel was a bunny, Had he not left he would have been viewed as a joke.

At least with the TNA/GFW stuff he has a chance to look more marketable and presentable and thats the point.

What is Cody Runnels right now? Why should he have a main roster spot over anyone on NXT other than workrate? Somebody like CJ parker saw the writing on the wall at NXT and is now working for NJPW. Maybe he fails but at least he won't blend into the background of WWE.

As a wrestler you need to define your value as something not entirely created by the WWE. Otherwise you aren't special and you could be replaced by the next tall guy vince finds.

The GWF champion is more of a joke than a guy in a bunny suit on Raw. Always and forever. You conveniently leave out the years before the bunny suit when he was in featured angles on Raw and Smackdown and part of the biggest angle of 2010. What do you think it makes GWF look like to immediately have the bunny from Raw come in and be their best wrestler? That doesn't make GWF or Justin Gabriel look good.

As a wrestler in 2015, you CAN'T just go out and define your value if you work for WWE. They are the only game in town. You can't just walk out on them, go do a bunch of indie shows, and increase your value. What you're suggesting would have worked 20-30 years ago. It doesn't at all now. Pretending like being the champion of GWF is somehow more prestigious, value affirming, or lucrative as being a random hand in WWE is ridiculous.

Leaving the biggest (only) company in your profession to join a dead on arrival upstart with zero promotion, market value, market share, 70 other business buzzwords will do nothing to improve your value in your profession. All it does is make you look like an idiot, make you much less money, and likely prevent you from getting your job back at the only place in town that pays any money. All so you can hold a fake championship? Lol.

Fox, what are you talking about? Multiple wrestlers have said that anyone who's not one of the very top guys in the big regional promotions would go to WWE in an instant, and that they're lying if they say otherwise. Devitt left sure stardom and Armani sponsorship in NJPW for a chance at big WWE money. Zack Ryder barely does shit and prob makes like $80k per year, plus all the merch he moved.

It's a big, big mistake to assume wrestlers have the same taste in and opinions about wrestling as fans. They don't. People who are marks for themselves eventually become jokes.

I remember when steph was in wwe 13 and they gave her my time

And for the first time in my life i realized that my time and the game are the same song but with different lyrics

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My dream for the Rollins/HHH fight is that one of the RAWS in the build up is Haitch appreciation day with the cliq, him coming out to literally every single one of his themes, him knocking out Booker T, people with fake HHH facial hair from Evolution, maybe get big dave to send in a video from hollywood.

Top Bottom