• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

jmdajr

Anyone would would leave the biggest promotion in the world to be a champion of an upstart company with no TV, no PPV, running for a couple hundred fans in minor league baseball stadiums is a mark to the highest degree. If Gabriel was so awesome and amazing, he'd have been picked up by a real promotion already. At absolute best, he's on TNA TV for another 4 weeks and then what? NJPW wasn't interested. ROH isn't interested. PWG isn't interested. Nowhere but local indies, which is essentially what GWF is.

How would anyone get more exposure as champion of something like GWF than being a WWE talent? TNA has been around for 13 years and people don't know who the fuck anyone that works there is. The handful of real talents went on to bigger places, but ask a random person who AJ Styles is and they're going to have no clue.
AJ Lee hs lots of fans.

Anyone would would leave the biggest promotion in the world to be a champion of an upstart company with no TV, no PPV, running for a couple hundred fans in minor league baseball stadiums is a mark to the highest degree. If Gabriel was so awesome and amazing, he'd have been picked up by a real promotion already. At absolute best, he's on TNA TV for another 4 weeks and then what? NJPW wasn't interested. ROH isn't interested. PWG isn't interested. Nowhere but local indies, which is essentially what GWF is.

How would anyone get more exposure as champion of something like GWF than being a WWE talent? TNA has been around for 13 years and people don't know who the fuck anyone that works there is. The handful of real talents went on to bigger places, but ask a random person who AJ Styles is and they're going to have no clue.

That also brings up the whole thing about when Vince would take guys in from other promotions that were their main eventers and that was HIS mid-card. When I see someone like Justin Gabriel as your company's champ, as someone who doesn't follow the indies as heavily as some people in this community do, I think it devalues your product. The guy who was Adam Rose's bunny is your world champ? Why would I want to be bothered with your company..?

That's why TNA didn't make it as big as they did, it was just full of WWE's furniture they left out on the lawn for garbage day that someone took over night. Alternatively, it's why guys like KO and Balor look even better, because they have that buzz of overgrowing the pond and other fish they're swimming with. Top guys who made a name for themselves in big indie companies were in WWE's DEVELOPMENTAL product. But it also gives them that allure of being great performers, looking to make a name for themselves in the sea.

TNA should have built it up around their originals and other indie types they picked up, and used the run-off WWE guys to make their talents bigger and better names. But they didn't. They made those B list WWE guys their stars. And a Z list guy like Gabriel is your champ? Doesn't make me the least bit interested.

That's just how I see it.

RBH

Alright, which one of you fuckers made the battery in my car die

iIS0gPx.gif

also, I think it's kinda neat that Stang will be winning the WWE title at Night of Champions. One of the few things they kept from WCW. That's poetry, friends.

Would have been awesome Sting won King of the Ring, and got a title shot at Night of Champions.

Why was he on HHH jock though? Is a swerve coming?

My favorite minds games are people saying someone's playing mind games so it's clear to everyone but the person whose mind is getting gamed.

also, bring it back:

In-Your-House-102.jpg

Sorry Fox, but we in hot water now. Murder, shit-throwing then getting shot, Nazism, anti-Reigns thoughts. What you say from now on is going to be viewed and judged. It's harsh, but fair. This industry is doomed, and you either going down with the ship, or laughing and pointing fingers while backing away on land.

Fox318

Sorry Fox, but we in hot water now. Murder, shit-throwing then getting shot, Nazism, anti-Reigns thoughts. What you say from now on is going to be viewed and judged. It's harsh, but fair. This industry is doomed, and you either going down with the ship, or laughing and pointing fingers while backing away on land.

Sounds like you need some positivity

nDkXb3J.gif

Since Snuka got got because of his book. I wonder if Brine has any incriminating evidence hidden in his. We all know you killed your own career, Bryan.

Seems almost 1:1, friend.

I mean, TV shows don't operate by having a character show up with no story or buildup one week, do nothing, and then leave until a later arbitrary date to do the same thing. Everyone is written as a character to serve the plot.

A more apt comparison would be would you rather be a clown in ringling bros or the ringmaster at a five dollar carnival tent.

I mean, TV shows don't operate by having a character show up with no story or buildup one week, do nothing, and then leave until a later arbitrary date to do the same thing. Everyone is written as a character to serve the plot.

A more apt comparison would be would you rather be a clown in ringling bros or the ringmaster at a five dollar carnival tent.

Have you never seen a sitcom? Characters show up with no story or build up, do nothing, and then return for no reason at a later date frequently. I didn't say main character, I said recurring. Which is exactly the role that Gabriel had in WWE. A character who shows up once in a while, says his line, and then leaves with no lasting impact on the show. OR you could leave that cushy job to be in a SYFY original that kills your career for good.

dream

When Jim Snuka dies in prison, you motherfuckers better not pretend to be all sad and talk about what a great man he was, like you did with Warrior and Piper.

It's about time someone suggested that Samoa Joe has sucked recently because he never recovered after Zandig stole his soul through those body blows during the ROH/CZW feud.

Drawing a penis on his face? Because Zandig stole his soul.

Getting stuck in the ring like he's Pooh Bear stuck in a tree? Because Zandig destroyed his spirit with those body blows.

Looked uninterested and slow in NXT? Because Zandig, not God or the Devil, owns his power.

Bandini

Sting probably shouldn't talk any more.

Rusev is way too good for this.

The "divas revolution" is not working right now. The team aspect is actively stifling character development and interactions. They need to start showcasing the individual talent. There needs to be some deception and intrigue. Some real motivations. Just bad booking, almost like they're intentionally sabotaging it. Or maybe the writers just don't have the chops to do an angle like this.

Lana went from a strong woman with power and convictions to a star-struck teenager.

They have a real chance to do something interesting with Dolph here but I'm sure that's not even on their radar. Biggest waste of talent on the roster.

Dudley Boyz are pretty hype.

Cesaro and Owens are gonna weather this uncertainty, they are both just too good.

To be continued...?

I think it's because you felt like Henry, having been given such awful shit to work with in the past, could legitimately be this pissed off that he'd snap.

And because Mark was a lot, lot better than he'd ever really been given the chance to be.

Mark Henry had chance after chance after chance from 2002 on and he got hurt or sucked every time. No one got as many chances as him. He just didn't figure shit out until 2010-2011 and when it finally clicked for him, it was great. There was probably not a single guy on the roster that got as many chances as him after 2002.

somedevil

Bullet Club confirmed for WWE

Well two bullet club members trolled/teased being in the NXT tag tournament. Out of the 4 remaining openings 2 are open to non known teams.

Plus some Smackdown spoilers:

Stardust appears to have henchmen now and Cesaro is doing a honma gimmick

Fox318

Fox, would you turn down a recurring role in a popular sitcom to main event a SYFY original?

I would compare it to this:

Would you rather sign on to be a supporting character in a long running kids book film adaptations or sign on to be the lead in an indie film.

Would you rather be the old Matthew McConaughey that got easy money to be shirtless in rom coms or be the modern McConaughey that took risks with some projects.

Its harder to redefine yourself as worth something once you have been labeled as something from the WWE or its fans.

I would compare it to this:

Would you rather sign on to be a supporting character in a long running kids book film adaptations or sign on to be the lead in an indie film.

Would you rather be the old Matthew McConaughey that got easy money to be shirtless in rom coms or be the modern McConaughey that took risks with some projects.

Its harder to redefine yourself as worth something once you have been labeled as something from the WWE or its fans.

I would 100% take the thing that would enable me to live a comfortable life free of hustling and having to struggle to get your pay check because having a house, car, and comfortable living is more important than being a "star" for no money.

Top Bottom