• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Mahonay

Banned
I'm just pissed that we have had almost a year of bad TV just to give a 1 up to CM Punk's wife and do John Cena a favor for not having the guts to put a ring on it.

lol, you think this is a slight against AJ Lee
AJ Lee is living an awesome life with CM Punk, in a life of comfort, no longer having to put up with WWE anymore. She probably doesn't give two shits about Nikki Bella breaking the record. Most people are smart enough to see it for what it is. Empty and meaningless in every way. Who fucking cares.

Fox318

lol, you think this is a slight against AJ Lee

Then what was the point of all of this?

Nnaomi should have won the belt 3 months ago when they forced her to go heel because they want so desperately for Nikki to be a face.

If Nikki is holding the belt after NOC I'm done with caring about that division.

The past 2 months of the supposed revolution is nothing more than an attempt for WWE and Stephanie to show they aren't sexist, fill time in between Cena and HHHClone matches, and promote a reality TV show that ultimately is bad for wrestling.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Nnaomi should have won the belt 3 months ago when they forced her to go heel because they want so desperately for Nikki to be a face.

If Nikki is holding the belt after NOC I'm done with caring about that division.

The past 2 months of the supposed revolution is nothing more than an attempt for WWE and Stephanie to show they aren't sexist, fill time in between Cena and HHHClone matches, and promote a reality TV show that ultimately is bad for wrestling.

point? she's a good champion

Sephzilla

Sorry but Nikki's been kind of a shit champion. She's Dean Ambrose tier when it comes to defending the belt. AJ's title reign sucked too, but she at least got to defend the belt at Wrestlemania. And she doesn't put on good matches and she hasn't really put on a good story during her championship reign. The only thing I've remembered at all about her title reign is how the writers flip flopped her from being a heel to a face and back again. She's improved quite a bit as a wrestler (and she's miles ahead of Brie) but she's got a long way to go still and I don't think she's been a memorable champion.

Fox318

A good champ does the following

• Raise the notoriety of the belt
  • provide quality matches
  • provide quality promos
  • provide quality entertainment
  • make the other roster look good in their matches (Something Cena did with the US open challange)
  • have compelling feuds
  • Show a believable dominance over people she has beat.

Nikki has done NONE of that.

Just because she works out more now and she learned how to throw a stiff elbow does not make her a wrestler.

Yes part of it is the presentation and Vince but much of it is on her.

We really are spoiled for talent in the women's division, you know

I'd shit a brick if we had the Bellas in the Attitude Era or with Trish and co. Or really any of the current Divas. They take insane risks that they really shouldn't be

jmdajr

Puma (The New Day) track suits are on sale for $39 and $24, top and bottom. Halloween anyone?
LINK
cxmi2PK.png

And still good for use after. Not a bad buy.

Mahonay

Banned

I'd shit a brick if we had the Bellas in the Attitude Era or with Trish and co. Or really any of the current Divas. They take insane risks that they really shouldn't be
Trish eventually got some ring skills over her short career and she had charisma, which holy fuck do the Bella's ever don't.

• provide quality promos
  • make the other roster look good in their matches (Something Cena did with the US open challange)
  • have compelling feuds

Just because she works out more now and she learned how to throw a stiff elbow does not make her a wrestler.

I would disagree about the quality matches and entertainment, I think some of her matches were fine.

There was a flag match in like 97 that was good, and the flags were on poles. Does that count?

Also, Nailz/Bossman, because Nailz.
Hey, welcome back.

bjork

Hey, welcome back.

:nod

I came to dislike Nikki after she was like every other diva card in Supercard. No idea if she wrestles well or not, I just got tired of seeing her card hopping in every match in that game.

Bring back Jazz. Could anyone there now beat Jazz? I like Jazz.

Lol. In what world is Total Divas bad for wrestling? HOW is it bad for wrestling? By making a show for a long ignored demographic, which adds nearly 20% more female viewers to WWE programming?

• provide quality promos
  • have compelling feuds

She obviously did raise the prestige of the title, because when was the last time anyone said shit about someone winning or losing the Divas championship? Mission accomplished. Returning to Bella Base, Boss.

Striker

Don't be ripping on Ivory, Jazz, and Molly, friend.

They'd be taking top rope Bubba bombs through tables. I think most of 'em did it, even Mae Young!

bjork

I was in a Toys R Us earlier today, and they had almost one entire side of an isle with those Minion guys. My first thought was of this thread. What have you people done

Mahonay

Banned
She obviously did raise the prestige of the title, because when was the last time anyone said shit about someone winning or losing the Divas championship? Mission accomplished. Returning to Bella Base, Boss.
Wh..what? Commentary has been desperately shoving the fact she's been on her way to breaking AJ's record on a weekly basis for months upon months now.

The Divas division got a sudden burst of interest and "prestige" the moment Sasha, Charolette and Becky joined the main roster together. But people quickly realized how terrible the booking and writing was going to continue to be, and lost interest once again.

The Divas belt has literally zero prestige at this point. I certainly don't give a shit about it.

I do agree with you saying that Total Divas is a good thing though overall. Brings in a lot of new potential watchers.

Can you name me a specific match?

Can you name me a program?
I can't remember the exact PPV she defended her title in a triple threat match against Naomi and Paige but that one was good. She probably had some decent solo matches against Paige along that timeline too.

Don't be ripping on Ivory, Jazz, and Molly, friend.

They'd be taking top rope Bubba bombs through tables. I think most of 'em did it, even Mae Young!

They were the glue, but Trish and Lita were the centerpieces. And neither were ever very good in ring. Trish sold really well, though, and Lita did crazy shit, so it balanced out.

bjork

They were the glue, but Trish and Lita were the centerpieces. And neither were ever very good in ring. Trish sold really well, though, and Lita did crazy shit, so it balanced out.

I remember I had stopped watching for awhile, and when I came back to it, I was impressed by how much Trish had improved. Maybe it was partially due to working with a good crop of ladies in the division too, but it was like night and day to me.

Victoria was pretty good, I remember liking her matches. Plus she talked a bunch of crap while she had holds on and stuff. I like that.

Mahonay

Banned
Even Lita botching was more more exciting than anything Nikki Bella has done to date.

B5bqCZj.gif

Those two top women at the time, Lita and Trish, weren't amazing grapplers by any means but they could get a stadium fucking hype for them on a pretty regular basis. I'll take that any day over a passable, but wholly uninteresting, dry as paint, Nikki Bella.

bjork

If we're being honest, though - none of them were on Bull's level. Fantasy matchup whatever, she only loses screwjob style to Spider Lady.

Mahonay

Banned
If we're being honest, though - none of them were on Bull's level. Fantasy matchup whatever, she only loses screwjob style to Spider Lady.
That era of Japanese women wrestlers shits on everything, that goes with out saying.

WWE has a VERY low bar that it's set for it's self for women's wrestling, yet they still struggle dearly to put on what can be considered competent or well formed matches.

You'll be able to tell if Nikki is going over pretty quickly in tonight's match. If her effort level is dogshit low levels, she's not retaining. If she looks like she is giving a shit in the ring, then she's retaining.

Xater

Tonight is the night
Bright lights, hype crowd
Not gonna watch this shit live
Skim through later and skip most of it
Tonight is the night

More like: Not gonna watch it at all and just listen to Review-A-RAW and see the New Day stuff in here.

Top Bottom