• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Cool, let me know if you hear anything.

My friend hooked me up with the Skull Snaps album a few weeks ago (along with a bunch of other old private press stuff) and I was thinking it was some new local band I'd gotten a free album off of bandcamp from. Finally got around to listening to it today and was really enjoying it, then "It's a New Day" came on and I was blown away.

Nothing. I got jobbed. :/

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Brock has the same mentality as Nash about wrestling.

I wonder how many of his more hardcore fans know that.

Which is why her team got the shot at Summerslam. Which she failed to capitalize on. Ergo, matches have consequences.

large.gif

But the big book of WWE rules clearly states that should a challenger defeat the champion in a non-title bout, they are promised a rematch with the title on the line.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
large.gif

But the big book of WWE rules clearly states that should a challenger defeat the champion in a non-title bout, they are promised a rematch with the title on the line.

She's in the line bro and I'm pretty sure her time will come, but sad to her say her time isn't now.

This might be what gets her the title shot in 13 days on RAW.

We can have Brock wrestle a guy who has 20 years of name recognition among casual and lapsed fans, and is a 7 foot giant, or we can have Brock wrestle internet darlings who prob won't even have a good match with him because he doesn't have particularly competitive wrestling matches against anyone who couldn't conceivably headline a Wrestlemania because we're paying out the ass to keep him.

I wonder which we should choose.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Brock's beatdown of Show at RR 2014 isn't even close to his worst match of the return. It's actually quite amusing.

We can have Brock wrestle a guy who has 20 years of name recognition among casual and lapsed fans, and is a 7 foot giant, or we can have Brock wrestle internet darlings who prob won't even have a good match with him because he doesn't have particularly competitive wrestling matches against anyone who couldn't conceivably headline a Wrestlemania because we're paying out the ass to keep him.

I want him to fight Bryan

Bryan finally wins a match and then retires because he can't stand afterwards. Brock retires out of shame. Fans Win

Hex

Banned
it's a waste of brock, but 90% of his return to WWE has been a waste that turned out pretty decent

It is better than Bo at least. Marginally. Just for the freakshow aspect of Show getting tossed like a ragdoll.

Show is going to cripple himself to be real about it though.
Taking bumps off of the top rope, taking stupid bumps and falls. He is too big for that and he will wreck himself more than he already is.

On the other hand, it is a house show and Brock's total 1990 Superstars squash of Kofi was a ton of fun in Japan. I think putting him in the ring and murdering another mid card guy is going to be more fun than putting him in there with a bigger name, but also knowing he isn't going to be doing a PPV quality match with it. The Japan show was super popular on the Network and it was sold on a Brock Lesnar squash match. Why change the formula so quickly?

Having him demolish Bo would be great.

Hex

Banned
On the other hand, it is a house show and Brock's total 1990 Superstars squash of Kofi was a ton of fun in Japan. I think putting him in the ring and murdering another mid card guy is going to be more fun than putting him in there with a bigger name, but also knowing he isn't going to be doing a PPV quality match with it. The Japan show was super popular on the Network and it was sold on a Brock Lesnar squash match. Why change the formula so quickly?

He already did that, and there is not even a shred of a reason to watch it again.
With Show at least there is always the stupid knock out punch (riiiight) and there is the freakshow aspect of someone that size getting tossed like a rainbow around the ring and then F-5'd a few times like he was Hornswaggle.

I think Big Show is the best of both worlds, though. Big Show is not quite a jobber, as he's kept consistently strong enough that you could almost conceive of him being a threat to Brock based on his size, but you know that Brock is just going to fucking murder him. So you get name recognition and a squash. Win-win.

Believe me, I'd kill to see Cesaro-Brock, but from WWE's perspective, is there really a lot of money to be made in that?

He already did that, and there is not even a shred of a reason to watch it again.
With Show at least there is always the stupid knock out punch (riiiight) and there is the freakshow aspect of someone that size getting tossed like a rainbow around the ring and then F-5'd a few times like he was Hornswaggle.

There is even less reason to see yet another Brock/Show match. I would much rather see a 5-7 complete squash than a semi competitive house show match between Brock and Show. I want to see another lower card guy interact with Brock and get REKT. Brock's obviously not going to lose to anyone on televised house show. Why put up the pretenses? Just have him go out and smash some dude in a few minutes and roll out. That's what the crowd wants to see.

nah

we've already had live sex on television with Edge and Lita, why can't we have a live murder? Just have Brock kill Big Show. The ghost of Bossman will come and take his casket away to be with his daddy.

9167%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20big_boss_man%20gif%20laughing%20smiling%20wwf.gif

What have Jinder and Drew been up to since the split? I always thought Jinder had a great look and WWE would've capitalized on having a functioning human being to go for Khali's Indian market.

What have Jinder and Drew been up to since the split? I always thought Jinder had a great look and WWE would've capitalized on having a functioning human being to go for Khali's Indian market.

Jinder has been doing the indys while Mcintyre has had a tna stint and some British Indy stuff.

Drew has been cutting the most cringeworthy promos of the last decade.

Jinder has been doing the indys while Mcintyre has had a tna stint and some British Indy stuff.

Jinder deserved better. Also, the worst part about Drew's fall from grace, was how hard and damn near instant it was. For most guys it's like "ah, they tasted upper mid-card and fell for a while because they still have to prove themselves". But for Drew, he was what? Mid twenties? And they had VINCE name him as the fuckin' chosen one.

One of the biggest pushes and craziest debuts, but that fucked him up and haunted him so much. For someone like him, he had to go up, but he was just down from there.

Who can forget Drew classics like TEDDEH or KELLEH, I'VE CHENGED KELLEH!

jred2k

I hate to ask, but how have Jake and Scott Hall been doing as of late? I know Scott had setback a few months back, but I've heard nothing about Jake.

The LAW just did an interview with Jake. http://fightnetwork.com/news/59254:interview-jake-the-snake-roberts/ I haven't listened to the whole thing, but he's doing a one-man show now and seems to be keeping on the up-and-up. I still need to see that documentary on him, too. I don't know if it's been released or if it's only been on the film fest circuit.

Watched the CMLL Pueblo show from Sunday, enjoyed La Sombra vs Ultimo Guerrero a lot, although the finish surprised me when I read it - makes more sense having seen it though, what with Ultimo tearing off Sombra's mask for the roll-up. Love the Pulpo Guerrero submission as well;

DFFclVx.gif

And La Sombra has a very pretty tope con hilo;

u82uN8K.gif

New Japan's back this Friday, with Juice Robinson/CJ Parker making his Japanese debut. Kenny's back as well.

No, ima go with the finish still makes no sense

Bearing in mind I have no storyline context, as I infrequently watch lucha, but I took it to be stacking the odds before Sombra takes on Atlantis in the mask vs mask match. Like, see how easily Ultimo rips off your mask and takes your title? Then how on earth will you defeat Atlantis when he's taken the masks from a ton of dudes, Ultimo Guerrero included?

klonere

Banned
Jason Statham is legit cool. I'd buy him several pints and allow him to drive us all home.

One of my old music journalist buddies got to interview him at one of those actor roundtable things and said he was the nicest and classiest guy in the room. Felt like he was talking to a real person, not a PR machine.

UberTag

I think Big Show is the best of both worlds, though. Big Show is not quite a jobber, as he's kept consistently strong enough that you could almost conceive of him being a threat to Brock based on his size, but you know that Brock is just going to fucking murder him. So you get name recognition and a squash. Win-win.

Believe me, I'd kill to see Cesaro-Brock, but from WWE's perspective, is there really a lot of money to be made in that?
I would contend that there's more money to be made from that... or Owens-Brock or D.Brine-Brock... than there is with seeing him destroy Show for the umpteenth time. Especially if it means Show has to get built up for a few weeks on television for this disposable squash match with a pre-ordained outcome.

That said, at least Brock gets to beat someone again after losing two straight main events. He's got to build up his BS credibility against someone so he's back in "monster mode" for his next series of losses against Cena, Triple H, Taker, Dwayne or Roman Reigns.

klonere

Banned
I would contend that there's more money to be made from that... or Owens-Brock or D.Brine-Brock... than there is with seeing him destroy Show for the umpteenth time. Especially if it means Show has to get built up for a few weeks on television for this disposable squash match with a pre-ordained outcome.

That said, at least Brock gets to beat someone again after losing two straight main events. He's got to build up his BS credibility against someone so he's back in "monster mode" for his next series of losses against Cena, Triple H, Taker, Dwayne or Roman Reigns.

You know what would be a legit match.

Harper vs Brock

That would be a good match.

Top Bottom