• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

RP912

Banned
WWE needs to put out a game based on Triple H. I'm not talking about a showcase mode for 2K whatever...I mean a batshit crazy action platformer from Platinum games.

bjork

WWE needs to put out a game based on Triple H. I'm not talking about a showcase mode for 2K whatever...I mean a batshit crazy action platformer from Platinum games.

Only if there are retailer exclusive preorder skins of riding pants HHH and Terra Ryzing.

RP912

Banned
Only if there are retailer exclusive preorder skins of riding pants HHH and Terra Ryzing.

Of course with the matching Flair doo..
x240-SZy.jpg

Like the Mortal Kombat game spinoffs?

WWE Mythologies: Triple H

Yes friend :D. Followed by episode 2...The Voices of Orton.

Nah, HHH needs to be the final boss.

NANOMASHOVELS, SON

Robo Vince man...here is the mocap of the concept.

9jVv0S4.gif

Anth0ny

Raw doing a poor rating isn't due to Sting - them NOT EVEN BOTHERING TO HYPE UP STING'S FIRST WWE TV MATCH just ensured that it had no chance to draw. Given how poorly they've used him, it's not like it would've popped much of a number anyway.

why hype up sting's first raw match ever?

people want SURPRISES, damn it. surprises draw!

klonere

Banned
Raw doing a poor rating isn't due to Sting - them NOT EVEN BOTHERING TO HYPE UP STING'S FIRST WWE TV MATCH just ensured that it had no chance to draw. Given how poorly they've used him, it's not like it would've popped much of a number anyway.

I might be a bit naive here but blaming the ratings on the performers rather than the material and booking they are given to work with is unfair.

Like Roman. Or Bray. Or soon-to-be Seth.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Owens Then:
BWyPE2r.png

Think he looks better or worse now? I think he looks great then.

Kaiterra

Banned
I think Owens presently looks better for some reason. That picture of Owens makes him look skinnyfat

As opposed to what...

Bayley is the best face WWE have had in 15 years.

Discuss.

No lies.. It's nice having a face that is consistently a good person. Man, if only Cena wouldn't randomly be a total bully jock dickhead sometimes or Bryan wouldn't get into smarmy sarcastic passive aggressive mode in various promos.

On behalf of Wrasslegaf, I think it's time to put the belt on Reigns. You all know it's a long time coming and he deserves a piece of the strap. Anything but Seth "I'm killing myself for the business because I'm not drawing" Rollins.

No way man. I think Reigns should get it in the near future probably but right now I'm digging his and Dean's story too much. And it'd probably be best for him to win it off someone like Cena.

Damn I was spending forever trying to figure out who posted that. Thanks!

What can I say?

Gahahaha

I might be a bit naive here but blaming the ratings on the performers rather than the material and booking they are given to work with is unfair.

Like Roman. Or Bray. Or soon-to-be Seth.

I'm not blaming any of the poor ratings on the roster at all. The entire company is now built on this foundation where literally absolutely nothing matters. Matches? They're just a backdrop to all the talking. Oh yeah, and the results of the matches now don't even matter. There isn't a pretense of going up the card - just a random string of matches and them people are just given title shots. The titles themselves all largely mean nothing, and the now DUAL CHAMPION Seth Rollins is jobbing on SmackDown. Their booking of Seth alone is horrendous, and no one comes out looking great except for HHH and Steph.

They're the true saviors of pro wrestling by golly, and hey, if they need to be both the top heels and top babyfaces because SOMEHOW no other act can get over, then that's just what's gonna have to happen. It's not like either can ever be made to look weak or anything.

RP912

Banned
As opposed to what...

No lies.. It's nice having a face that is consistently a good person. Man, if only Cena wouldn't randomly be a total bully jock dickhead sometimes or Bryan wouldn't get into smarmy sarcastic passive aggressive mode in various promos.

No way man. I think Reigns should get it in the near future probably but right now I'm digging his and Dean's story too much. And it'd probably be best for him to win it off someone like Cena.

Damn I was spending forever trying to figure out who posted that. Thanks!

Gahahaha

Sounds reasonable enough. Cena wouldn't be a good pick for the match though...I would say somebody like Sheamus since they both equal in match quality. I would see a good match coming out of those two...

Kaiterra

Banned
They're the true saviors of pro wrestling by golly, and hey, if they need to be both the top heels and top babyfaces because SOMEHOW no other act can get over, then that's just what's gonna have to happen. It's not like either can ever be made to look weak or anything.

I'm glad they've at least avoided Steph completely owning all the divas and making them all scared shitless since the revolution thing began. That was my number one fear regarding her involvement. It was so ridiculous anytime she interacted with them prior to that, though at least it made Vicki's exit one of my favorite Raw moments of all time I guess...

Sounds reasonable enough. Cena wouldn't be a good pick for the match though...I would say somebody like Sheamus since they both equal in match quality. I would see a good match coming out of those two...

Yeah I don't know about the match quality, I just think that'd get Reigns the best reaction.

Or his first title reign could be as a heel.

Ithil

Bayley is the best face WWE have had in 15 years.

Discuss.

It's her or Sami Zayn. They're also proof that the idea the you can't be a squeaky clean good guy face in 2015 and be totally over is bullshit. People always say that about Cena like it's a given a good guy face will be booed.

Then again, Cena isn't really booked like a good guy face. He's more of an asshole face they think is a good guy face.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus Christ, guys. Titus O'Neil is an incredible human :~)

tumblr_nuseus0D441rg89a6o1_540.jpg

Titus O’Neil walked into a restaurant with two homeless people one night. The restaurant refused to serve him. The next day, he comes in with a lot more of the less fortunate and says, “We’re all human.”

O’Neil has since resurfaced on television and is arguably one of the most popular wrestlers on TV. He’s recognizable by all ages and has the capacity to be a leader in the ring. O’Neil’s stature and ability make him an incredible superstar, but what makes him a better man is the fact that he shares his blessings with the world. O’Neil could just as easily be another guy who’s featured on TV and uses the money he’s earned to buy for himself, and I’m sure he does, but he doesn’t take what he’s earned and keep it for himself. He spreads the wealth to those less fortunate than himself. Although O’Neil’s money may only go to feed a few mouths at a time, the man we all see on TV every week is making a difference by simply being a good person.

Wow. Just wow.

RP912

Banned
Yeah I don't know about the match quality, I just think that'd get Reigns the best reaction.

Or his first title reign could be as a heel.

Yeah, the only way that a Reigns title reign (no pun) would happen is a heel turn...OR letting Reigns be who he truly was...an asskicking mercenary of The Shield. No talk...just beatdowns.

Fox318

Titus O’Neil walked into a restaurant with two homeless people one night. The restaurant refused to serve him. The next day, he comes in with a lot more of the less fortunate and says, “We’re all human.”

O’Neil has since resurfaced on television and is arguably one of the most popular wrestlers on TV. He’s recognizable by all ages and has the capacity to be a leader in the ring. O’Neil’s stature and ability make him an incredible superstar, but what makes him a better man is the fact that he shares his blessings with the world. O’Neil could just as easily be another guy who’s featured on TV and uses the money he’s earned to buy for himself, and I’m sure he does, but he doesn’t take what he’s earned and keep it for himself. He spreads the wealth to those less fortunate than himself. Although O’Neil’s money may only go to feed a few mouths at a time, the man we all see on TV every week is making a difference by simply being a good person.

Wow. Just wow.

Dude has been doing that for a while and most of the time with little press.

he is pretty awesome

It'll probably be 2017 when they update the WWE app with picture-in-picture mode on iPad, right?

The UpUpDownDown video with Rusev playing in the corner while reading this thread, so nice.

Wow. Just wow.

Give that man the belt, and have him be an ambassador for the WWE for a few months. Would work wonders. Guarantee he doesn't have a Nazi-loving girlfriend.

You could do a WWE Top 5 matches of 2015 with just Brock Lesnar and it would be totally correct.
5. V. Seth
4. V. Roman
3. V. Taker
2. Triple Threat @ Rumble
1. V. Kofi

somedevil

More TNA bad news:

TNA was just canceled today by DMAX which covers Germany and Austria.

How can this show keep going? Its being canceled across the globe, DA was nice and gave them a couple more months before getting rid of them. Who would want this show?

Hell after Bound for Glory fightnetwork will end the Impact podcast to do something new with Mann and Nate.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.progresswrestling.com/seasontickets/

Shiiiiiiiit, better start saving for an unexpected £250 expense this November. It'll be worth it just to not have to worry about PROGRESS tickets any more, but with half the allocation given over to season tickets I'm not so sure this'll ease the current difficulties fans face with getting tickets.

I'm not sure how that's going to make things better for pretty much anyone. Good luck getting it.

RP912

Banned

Wow. Just wow.

Titus is one of the best on the WWE roster for everything. He can put on a match, has charisma, and has a heart outside of wrestling. I would want to meet him one day and just shake dudes hand.

Fuck it

Top five wrestlers/commentators that I want to meet

1. JTG
2. Joey Styles
3. Paul Heyman
4. Titus O Neil
5. Inoki

imBask

Banned
Too bad Titus has the famous "skin color handicap" that'll prevent him from ever getting anywhere in WWE, unless Vince and the other old timers around him die at the same time

it's a shame really. Titus is good.

Wow. Just wow.

Titus O'Neil is a great dude.

http://www.progresswrestling.com/seasontickets/

Shiiiiiiiit, better start saving for an unexpected £250 expense this November. It'll be worth it just to not have to worry about PROGRESS tickets any more, but with half the allocation given over to season tickets I'm not so sure this'll ease the current difficulties fans face with getting tickets.

IT'S THE CHIKARMY SEASON TICKET
That shit didn't even give them tickets, just priority access

Raw64life

Titus is 38 and, for a guy for played football and has been wrestling for 5+ years now, is pretty uncoordinated in the ring. He was in the Royal Rumble for literally 2 seconds this year and still managed to botch. He hasn't been botching a lot lately because he just does hot tag followed by MOVEZ every single match.

Top Bottom