• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

RP912

Banned
ECW's ring sounds always had a weird delay to it. I actually liked the ROH ring sounds. It reminds me of the NJPW's subtle but effective sounds.

klonere

Banned
Oh I don't remember. I take your word for it though. It wouldn't surprise me.

I specifically remember him tearing into Flair when you said he was a GOAT or something, Stro went off about Flair only ever being able to work one match and never working around the guys he was in ring with instead forcing them to adapt. Still even if Stro was right, that one match Flair worked is good enough for the likes of Austin and others to consider him the greatest.

Why I remember this I dunno, I kinda wish I didn't have errata like that stick in my head.

everyone cut the shit

stro is american, tacos made reference several times he's from some other land

you're all shooting yourselves into a work

RP912

Banned
The Barely Legal 1997 ring sounds like a gun going off on every bump.

The PPV itself was held on by two strings and a fruit roll up. So it's understandable the ring sounding like a gun range when the whole arena had a damn black out. At least the PPV was done before that incident happened.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Austin's show, which I've barely heard, (I guess I'm saving it for a rainy day or something) is one of the better podcasts with ads in it mainly because he is hilarious at reading ad copy. Just like ET Stone Cold is best at ordering fast food.

somedevil

So it seems Cody and Ascension might get new costumes. He posted this tweet. With these images I'm not sure what is going to come out;

CPIdZU4WcAACqYi.jpg:large

LOD+Skeletor+Bison=?

So it seems Cody and Ascension might get new costumes. He posted this tweet. With these images I'm not sure what is going to come out;

LOD+Skeletor+Bison=?

He's forming a faction called Shadaloo and replacing his springboard kick with a springboard spin attack that looks vaguely like a Psycho Crusher.
That has to be it.
LOD is just to remind us that the Ascension are like bootleg versions of them.

Kaiterra

Banned
He's forming a faction called Shadaloo and replacing his springboard kick with a springboard spin attack that looks vaguely like a Psycho Crusher.
That has to be it.
LOD is just to remind us that the Ascension are like bootleg versions of them.

I think one of the Ascension already does that move.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dang, we lost Lambda.

EDIT: LOL you guys thought that was Stro? Bogo?

I recognized tacos from his very first day. Dude's writing style is like a fingerprint.

What's sad is I think he has a better mind for wrestling than anyone in the thread, but he's such a caustic jerk in how he expresses it he ruins any potential for influence. Not to mention he's a weirdly obsessive troll who tried to use the NeoGAF hate site to fuck with people in the thread.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I recognized tacos from his very first day. Dude's writing style is like a fingerprint.

What's sad is I think he has a better mind for wrestling than anyone in the thread, but he's such a caustic jerk in how he expresses it he ruins any potential for influence. Not to mention he's a weirdly obsessive troll who tried to use the NeoGAF hate site to fuck with people in the thread.

Sandman? I'll never forgive him for the shit he did on that hate site.

Yeah it was very obvious who brisk tacos was just by the writing style and the antagonizing of others lol. Dude has always made some solid points in betwixt all the negative posts.

Ithil

Some choice Meltzer quotes about RAW

More than ever, Raw felt like a program that had jumped the shark.
The show is written to please Vince McMahon, not its audience. And Vince still hasn’t figured out when you watch TV, and the announcers are forced to fake laugh at something that isn’t funny, and that the audience isn’t laughing at, that isn’t good television.
TV shows run their course. Sporting events remain popular on television for decades. Pro wrestling is lucky that it’s closer to sport, because if not, it would be long gone.
One of the key moments on this show was watching nearly every potential future star who got a modicum of a push this year be used to build people that were already made.

Written in 2008

And he couldn't resist starting shit for me for even one day. If Sandman was still here he would've jumped on him like a monkey on a cupcake too.

It wasn't exactly hard. And it played out exactly like most people thought it would. He got too close to the sun, so he got burned again

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dana Brooke is pretty dang impressive. For someone who just started wrestling 2 years ago, she's surprisingly decent but more importantly is that she's very natural on screen. She's got a confidence to her while doing these ridiculous things that makes her feel more special.

but Full Sail needs to treat her like shit because she didn't 'spend her whole life trying to get into wrestling.' The main thing she needs to do is get bigger pythons and kiss them or just drop the generic flexing thing. Beth flexed with the tiara pose. Scotty kissed his bicep. You got to have something other than just flexing.

Kaiterra

Banned
Does Full Sail really treat Dana that badly at this point? It doesn't feel like it but I'd be more prepared to make an absolute statement on yesterday than I am today.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The only person I've seen get more shit than her was Eva Marie. 'How dare this fitness model infringe on my Four Horsewomen'

JavyOO7

Even though TNA is going bye bye from DA, they had pretty good ratings with a channel not many have heard of. But no one was putting their ads during TNA's 2 hour slot, so hence, TNA got the axe. The investment was not worth it anymore.

I remember someone mentioned earlier in the thread about RAW getting higher ratings than CSI I think on USA. I don't doubt that. But I also don't doubt that the 1 hour of CSI or whatever top tier show on USA gets a better return on ad rates than RAW does. Who doesn't want to advertise on re runs of CSI? Now ask that same question with pro wrestling. Not many, probably.

Logically, it makes sense to me. It also makes sense to me that USA goes 'Hey... we are a good channel that gets good ratings...'... and those good ratings are probably in large part due to WWE's RAW. And advertisers buy in to this and put their stuff on all of USA's programs... besides WWE.

So I think as an experiment next week that I should watch RAW (oh boy) and compare it to shows like CSI or that show that takes place in Miami and compare the commercials.

EDIT

But I still find it weird that USA is gonna add TWO more hours of WWE next January. Whoever the president of USA channel is must really like WWE. I just wish that they would pay WWE the same rate they do now but force WWE to go just an hour for RAW and an hour for Smackdown. That way, I think the fans and the wrestlers would win in the long run.

Top Bottom