• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

So friends, I'm a godless heathen, but, on the drive home tonight, I saw that one of the 50 some churches that I pass on the way that Ted DiBiase Sr. is going to speak there in a week or so. Should I go and do a write up?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Best dive to the outside in the biz. No contest.
bESo6xn.gif

Well, I didn't see THAT coming. La Sombra is the biggest star in CMLL and him losing his mask is definitely unexpected. Maybe the rumors of him joining Naito in NJPW full-time are true and he wanted to drop the mask for greater success?

Not a bad looking dude though, nicer looking than Ultimo Guerrero.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That was a hell of a match, though. The near falls had my heart racing in a way wrestling rarely does and the whole bit at the end with La Sombra's family and with his dad unmasking him was beautiful.

Anth0ny

so my friends flopped on me tonight

what else is there to do on a friday night than to grab a bag of potato chips and watch wrestling, alone?

I watched the first episode of Nitro for the first time ever. god damn that was so good. I loved it. why can't all wrestling shows just be 45 minutes? the commentary was damn good, in ring was really good (liger/pillman and sting/flair), PASTAMANIA RAN WILD, macho man yelled at some guy, and WHO THE HELL IS THAT? GET THE CAMERAS OFF HIM WHAT'S HE DOING HERE?

I guess I'll start episode 2 now

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And that's pretty much the last mask CMLL had left that they built up to job out to Atlantis. The only other option is Rush's hair.

Their Mask vs Mask obsession has really killed the ability to build another mask up for Mask vs Mask

And that's pretty much the last mask CMLL had left that they built up to job out to Atlantis. The only other option is Rush's hair.

Their Mask vs Mask obsession has really killed the ability to build another mask up for Mask vs Mask

They could always drag Mascara Dorada back from Japan. Or maybe La Mascara, but no that would be stupid because La Mascara sucks.

Ithil

You'd think they'd keep at least one notable young mask around to build up. I mean once upon a time Atlantis' mask was just a mask, too.

Yeah, AAA is smarter in that aspect. At this point CMLL is going to have to do a bunch of hair vs hair/mask match for their Aniversario shows, or actually build their titles.

tm24

What an incredible match. Outcome was pretty clear cut heading up due to the booking. But man, holy shit.

Something has to be up with La Sombra so I guess we'll find out soon

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_nuwquwawzt1skeohxo1_540.jpg

Hunter can't pick up his cell phone quick enough
You'd think they'd keep at least one notable young mask around to build up. I mean once upon a time Atlantis' mask was just a mask, too.

There's technically Dragon Lee, but I have no idea how far they want to push him. I really think the reason Sombra lost his mask is because he's going to WWE. No reason to build it up if he's leaving.

Gonzalez

Banned
Wow... I mean I had a feeling something was up when this match came out of nowhere, and Ultimo Guerrero Vs. Thunder Hair Vs. Mask match was dropped with no explanation. But Jesus, what a way to loose your marketability by dropping the mask.

He's out of there, BTW. Dude needs the money if he's headed to the states.

Edit: he looks like Hector Garza without the mask.

Top Bottom