• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

qGkXUBv.png

rAUweDE.png

Not surprised by either of these

OH MY GOD IS THE CMLL PPV JUST AN UNLISTED YOUTUBE LINK?

Lucha companies either go big or go home on their damn PPV gaffes

it's fitting that this murderous traitor did himself in

I didn't betray nobody, man. I didn't sell out, I bought IN on this sweet sword and some explosives.

I may be dead, but they'll remember me the most! Gallant ain't shit!

Lmao @ day one

You were the Rue of these games, too pure for this damn earth, RIP :'( #blessed

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Eh? CMLL is in its worst shape since the company was founded. The semi-main event for their biggest show fell apart before a week before the show. AAA has big plans but haven't really been able to fully capitalize on them yet.

I didn't say it was better off than it ever was. That it's better off than the other countries. America's independents peak out with their popularity early and either don't want to grow(PWG) or struggle with growing due to poaching and constantly changing ownership(ROH and CZW) if you count NXT then that plus WWE makes them arguably better but only if you can get work in one company. In Japan, everyone but NJPW is having horrid attendance problems. Europe has a huge, bustling indie scene but no major company to go to after that. Mexico still has two very large companies to go to that can sell decent(and potentially sell out) arenas and venues as well a a Mexican indie scene that is bustling just as much as the European one.

And Mexico's only going to get better with them offering wrestlers health insurance. It's pretty much the place to be if you're not going to NJPW or WWE. And I don't even know if NJPW pays more than AAA or CMLL.

I didn't say it was better off than it ever was. That it's better off than the other countries. America's independents peak out with their popularity early and either don't want to grow(PWG) or struggle with growing due to poaching and constantly changing ownership(ROH and CZW)

I mean if you count success by number of jobs and just the number of fans at events then Mexico may be the best option but there's a reason AAA upper middle carders like Pentagon are willing to work indies like AIW. Its very low money for anyone except the top, top guys.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like to think Park and Wagner are responsible for this.

#KliqRules
I mean if you count success by number of jobs and just the number of fans at events then Mexico may be the best option but there's a reason AAA upper middle carders like Pentagon are willing to work indies like AIW. Its very low money for anyone except the top, top guys.

Gets them on TV which helps them sell merch. If Pentagon didn't have that AAA deal, they never would have put him in Lucha Underground. It puts eyes on them which is still more than they can get from any other company. We all know NXT doesn't pay well either unless you're a 'top, top guy'

somedevil

Well the first semifinal of the Dusty tournament that will happen on Oct 7 has been determined:

Its
Balor and Joe vs Dawson and Wilder aka the Mechanics aka Brainbusters 2015

I just hope the other semifinal is Corbin and Rhyno vs
Jordan and Gable. Who wants the hype bros instead?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I want Techno Team 2000 to come out of a time machine and face the finalists at the next takeover. They've come straight from 1995 to save wrasslin from itself.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Remember when this match was going to have 2 legends in it and now we have old fart Shocker, the world's worst telenovela star, and Thunder

Top Bottom