• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Xater

FUCK.

According to Meltzer its a Neck injury, and a serious one at that. Per his comment it occurred during the 2nd Turnbuckle Powerbomb( wtf they did this spot twice is beyond me) and make sense since you could see Sting stumble etc right after it.

This is fucking HORRIBLE. This is not the way the career of one of the greatest Wrestlers should end.

Fucking sucks.

Well shit. That is bad. Pretty incredible the way they still finished the match considering that injury. They probably shouldn't have tbh. Seth played up the heel but you could see how fake that smile was. In his eyes he did look quite worried for Sting.

jmdajr

Seth vs cena was easily the best match of the show, it was way better than their summerslam match.

It made sense too. Just counter, after counter, after counter. If you've faced each other that many times that's how the match should go.

And no shitty stunner!

Sephzilla

Wait Owens beat The Ryback and is IC Champ now!?

giphy.gif

He doesn't deserve that cursed belt

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So I caved and got Destiny: Taken King yesterday after seeing (literally) my entire friends list full of people playing it. I'm not up to the new content yet but I'm already seeing changes and I like it.

It's good. I'll be happy to play witchu.

The Jim Ross show was great. Especially his special guest! Scott Hall!
(Sorry for the over exposed picture)
I sure heard a lot of stories about Ric Flair's erect penis. Erect mind you.

Night of Champions was fun. Awesome seats! Lower bowl almost all the way in front.
I thought the crowd was great, don't know how it came across TV.
Sina and Seth did good work.

Glad you had fun. Looks fun.

The Jim Ross show was great. Especially his special guest! Scott Hall!
(Sorry for the over exposed picture)
I sure heard a lot of stories about Ric Flair's erect penis. Erect mind you.

Night of Champions was fun. Awesome seats! Lower bowl almost all the way in front.
I thought the crowd was great, don't know how it came across TV.
Sina and Seth did good work.
Nice, did you go with your kids?

Cagey

Banned
FUCK.

According to Meltzer its a Neck injury, and a serious one at that. Per his comment it occurred during the 2nd Turnbuckle Powerbomb( wtf they did this spot twice is beyond me) and make sense since you could see Sting stumble etc right after it.

This is fucking HORRIBLE. This is not the way the career of one of the greatest Wrestlers should end.

Fucking sucks.

Makes sense. The bruising Sting collected throughout the match looked rough but I noted it didn't have the look of a serious injury (torn muscle of any kind, i.e. no internal bleeding). But then seeing he was clearly fucked up, I was left wondering what sort of injury he could have suffered. The turnbuckle powerbomb happened quick and the camera angle didn't provide a good shot.

A neck injury. Damn. At least Sting is going out with some nice paydays and post-in-ring company money from the only game in town instead of rotting away in front of 150 people for TNA or some such thing.

Rollins should consider putting that move into a reserve "whoa he must be serious he did the powerbomb into the corner!" role. It's not cool enough or central enough to his character, nor is it a finisher, to justify using it.

bjork

I saw Dolph's pants. He looks like if you combined Rick Rude, HBK, and Beefcake. But it isn't a good thing. It's like when Megatron and Ratchet combined in the old TF comic, just less cool.

Vestal

Makes sense. The bruising Sting collected throughout the match looked rough but I noted it didn't have the look of a serious injury (torn muscle of any kind, i.e. no internal bleeding). But then seeing he was clearly fucked up, I was left wondering what sort of injury he could have suffered. The turnbuckle powerbomb spot happened quick enough and the camera angle didn't provide a good shot.

Rollins should consider putting that move into a reserve "whoa he must be serious he did the powerbomb into the corner!" role. It's not cool enough or central enough to his character, nor is it a finisher, to justify using it.

Its also IMO a very dangerous move, there is not much control on either participant outside of how far away Seth throws them from, the turnbuckle isn't a flat surface were you can work your landing which in turn can be the cause of some serious injury as we see here.

klonere

Banned
FUCK.

Fucking sucks.

Damn that sucks :( Poor dude tried to put it all out there for the people but man some of those spots were dumb as fuck. The match wasn't built well enough in storyline to justify him going out there and ending his career for it. The crowd wasn't even all that into it.

God its so sad if it comes out as true :(

It's good. I'll be happy to play witchu.

Glad you had fun. Looks fun.

Destiny needs to be on PC. I have no idea why its not on it. It's a damn ARPG as an FPS. C'mon Bungie.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stang did put it all out there, and I admire and respect the fuck out of him for showing up in shape and ready to rock. Get well soon Stanger.

Shiv47

Makes sense. The bruising Sting collected throughout the match looked rough but I noted it didn't have the look of a serious injury (torn muscle of any kind, i.e. no internal bleeding). But then seeing he was clearly fucked up, I was left wondering what sort of injury he could have suffered. The turnbuckle powerbomb happened quick and the camera angle didn't provide a good shot.

A neck injury. Damn. At least Sting is going out with some nice paydays and post-in-ring company money from the only game in town instead of rotting away in front of 150 people for TNA or some such thing.

Yeah, Sting had that bruising similar to what Taker had in the last Brock match, I presume from that mixture of age/lack of regular ring work. I'm presuming Seth would have won regardless of the injury, given the post match stuff, but it's a shame to see it end like that.

Rollins doesn't necessarily need to stop using the corner powerbomb, he just needs to use it against guys better able to handle it. Sting is not one of them any longer.

nsUiY6d.png

Damn :(

For those who don't know, Travis (one of the more prominent stars of modern British wrestling) was diagnosed with stomach cancer in August of last year, but managed to make a heroic comeback after being given the all-clear and in August of this year he made his return to the ring. He wrestled eight matches on his comeback tour, the last being against Marty Scurll at PROGRESS Chapter 21, but was seemingly injured after the match when Scurll kicked him in the stomach and locked on the chickenwing. PROGRESS announced that Trav wouldn't be appearing in the tag match at ENDVR the next week, which was assumed to be storyline, but this morning Trav''s said he's had to have another surgery and is calling time on his wrestling career. Super sad for him, but glad I got to see him wrestle one last time.

Aiii

So not worth it
Seth threw him into the ring post, I think his head snapped back and he hit the ring post or something.

After that move is when he staggered, Seth whipped him and he just fell over and the doc came in. So that's why I think it wasn't the entire match, but that specific moment, so I'm with Meltzer on that one.

klonere

Banned
When Rollins walked out with those two titles looking fresh as fuck I felt like the world's biggest tool for saying he's been booked like a transitional champion

His booking is still pretty bad imo!!!

Vestal

Yeah, Sting had that bruising similar to what Taker had in the last Brock match, I presume from that mixture of age/lack of regular ring work. I'm presuming Seth would have won regardless of the injury, given the post match stuff, but it's a shame to see it end like that.

Rollins doesn't necessarily need to stop using the corner powerbomb, he just needs to use it against guys better able to handle it. Sting is not one of them any longer.

It should be a "special move" not one he uses every other match. Like you said it should be used on people who don't have the sort of miles Sting has.

Ill still go back to saying that its the sort of move were the risk doesn't justify the rewards. It looks good but given the "kayfabe Damage" it inflicts I don't see how they can justify using it when it really doesn't that much control on how well you can protect yourself.

Cagey

Banned

Consider the risk v. reward here. The way Seth performs the move, he's framing the impressive part of the move as having the opponent on his shoulders and running across the ring. The move is nothing more than a feat of strength. The throw itself is secondary. Just do a sitout powerbomb or something after running around.

Xater

Seth threw him into the ring post, I think his head snapped back and he hit the ring post or something.

After that move is when he staggered, Seth whipped him and he just fell over and the doc came in. So that's why I think it wasn't the entire match, but that specific moment, so I'm with Meltzer on that one.

Same. He did collapse after the power bomb first though. You could tell that wasn't selling. He did get up but then collapsed again after the irish whip. That is when the doctor came to the ring and the ref checked with him.

So when is Shaemus going to cash in MITB and make us suffer through a shitty 2 month title reign?

Maybe we will get lucky and he will just cash it in on something other than the main title?

I know...

Vestal

Same. He did collapse after the power bomb first though. You could tell that wasn't selling. He did get up but then collapsed again after the irish whip. That is when the doctor came to the ring and the ref checked with him.

It brought back a flash back of Austin after his neck injury, as far as the way that Sting staggered.

nsUiY6d.png

Damn :(

For those who don't know, Travis (one of the more prominent stars of modern British wrestling) was diagnosed with stomach cancer in August of last year, but managed to make a heroic comeback after being given the all-clear and in August of this year he made his return to the ring. He wrestled eight matches on his comeback tour, the last being against Marty Scurll at PROGRESS Chapter 21, but was seemingly injured after the match when Scurll kicked him in the stomach and locked on the chickenwing. PROGRESS announced that Trav wouldn't be appearing in the tag match at ENDVR the next week, which was assumed to be storyline, but this morning Trav''s said he's had to have another surgery and is calling time on his wrestling career. Super sad for him, but glad I got to see him wrestle one last time.
Ahhhhh shit. I can't decide if getting that short comeback run makes this better or worse. Poor fuckin' guy.

Sephzilla

honestly I just want to get it over with

I know, right? And because WWE creative is awful and predictable, he'll likely cash it in the same night an over face beats Rollins for the title. And Vince will be at gorilla going "HATE HIM. HATE HIM LIKE THE SUPER HEEL HE IS. DAMNIT, WHY AREN'T THEY BOOING HIM, WHY ARE THEY ALL LEAVING! WHY DOESN'T ANYBODY REACT TO A HEEL CASHING IN LIKE THIS ANYMORE DAMNIT"

Say what you will about TNA, but they never nearly killed Sting, at least.

They nearly killed his relevance

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stang gets all the hespect for showing up like he did and doing what he did. He busted his ass.STING IS THE MAN.

FUCK.

Fucking sucks.

Sting :( He was doing pretty good until he collapsed :(

I don't wanna see a Wrestler die in the ring.

Heroman

Banned
Plus it's probably not going to be a good match again. To me that's a waste of Brock. Actually both Brock appearances next month seem like a waste.

How is it a waste ? Their summerslam match was one of the biggest match that wwe has had in a long time as well as MOTY contender and after the finish this one makes perfect sense.

Fox318

I know, right? And because WWE creative is awful and predictable, he'll likely cash it in the same night an over face beats Rollins for the title. And Vince will be at gorilla going "HATE HIM. HATE HIM LIKE THE SUPER HEEL HE IS. DAMNIT, WHY AREN'T THEY BOOING HIM, WHY ARE THEY ALL LEAVING! WHY DOESN'T ANYBODY REACT TO A HEEL CASHING IN LIKE THIS ANYMORE DAMNIT"

They nearly killed his relevance
Honestly it just feels like they are stalling before they feel like Reigns is ready.

And I just want to get that title reign over.

Honestly I wouldn't mind some attitude era title swaps right now but they are so anal on who can and who can't be the champ after guys leaving or finding success elsewhere.

Just put the strap on Steph or HHH Vince. You book the program around them anyway.

klonere

Banned
WWE: Two months, two main events with old men nearly killing themselves. Subscribe to the Network to get a third month in a row!

Sephzilla

Honestly it just feels like they are stalling before they feel like Reigns is ready.

And I just want to get that title reign over.

Honestly I wouldn't mind some attitude era title swaps right now but they are so anal on who can and who can't be the champ after guys leaving or finding success elsewhere.

Just put the strap on Steph or HHH Vince. You book the program around them anyway.

Shit, I'd be 100% cool with another HHH title reign instead of Shaemus

I'd be lying if I said I was paying much attention to the PPV last night, it really was like background noise for me but damn I didn't notice Sting actually taking the damage, I thought they were just doing the ol' "legend opponent only loses because injury" booking ploy.
Props to Stinger.

Looks like we need a new champ, a safer man, a reliable man, a company man...
awn7v.gif

Fox318

I'd be lying if I said I was paying much attention to the PPV last night, it really was like background noise for me but damn I didn't notice Sting actually taking the damage, I thought they were just doing the ol' "legend opponent only loses because injury" booking ploy.
Props to Stinger.

Looks like we need a new champ, a safer man, a reliable man, a company man...
awn7v.gif

Why can't he just use this mask

jWL0Opy.jpg

Sephzilla

Since everyone knows Kane's face isn't disfigured/burnt anymore they need to stop trying to bring back masked Kane. At most, he could wear a mask for his entrance.

imBask

Banned
weird thing I didn't pay attention enough to see Sting collapse, I thought it was a work but watching the replays this morning he's clearly fucked... the way he runs the rope and falls down like a sack of potatoes is really scary

Top Bottom