• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

klonere

Banned
Here's a thought, how about they slow down the matches to not be Spot fests.

When John Cena has started to do guillotine top rope leg drops, hurricanranas, Yoshi Tonics, second rope tornado DDTs and based the last 6 months of his run on MOVEZ matches there is zero hope that anything like that will happen.

When you are given the scripted straitjacket the only other option is to kill yourself so might get noticed. Hell even New Day did a lot of really dumb shit (Big E spear through the middle rope, dude do not do that) in the 4 way at Summerslam and they wormed their way out of da scripts.

Sanjuro

Sanjuro, not to judge you but just out of sheer curiosity, who are your current top 5 atm under the wwe brand?

I dunno. I'm not really young anymore, so don't keep a fav five. I usually just observe who is popular with the general crowds.

Lesnar is top choice for me, then there is everyone else. Rollins, Cena, Amrbose, Orton, etc. I like Cesaro a lot, but I understand why he isn't popular.

How about the same people don't wrestle every week? How about cooling it on how many wrestlers have suicide dives? How about finding a different spot to cut to commercial with? How about laying out your matches so they have one big risky move instead of a dozen?

bjork

The only way to roll it back is to have some new authority figure in the storyline who has deemed it too dangerous. But they'd be a giant ass heel and guys would get moves in when they weren't looking or something. And how would you do it storywise anyway?

An amnesia angle where Vince gets hit in the head and thinks it's 1985 again. I really want them to do it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The only way to roll it back is to have some new authority figure in the storyline who has deemed it too dangerous. But they'd be a giant ass heel and guys would get moves in when they weren't looking or something. And how would you do it storywise anyway?

An amnesia angle where Vince gets hit in the head and thinks it's 1985 again. I really want them to do it.

I know just the man
hqdefault.jpg

Then you make dumb Indy spots even more frequent because the crowd would want it.

bjork

That no-good Jack Tunney, I could see him instituting a no high-spots rule.

It would have to be Vince, because seeing old thin-haired Vince going all red suit jacket and announcing again while running the show would be awesome. Oh, and he'd announce again so we could get ONE TWO HE GOT HIM ohonlytwo

Then you make dumb Indy spots even more frequent because the crowd would want it.

Judging from this thread, you guys barely ever get what you want.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
More spots = More gifs = More exposure.

That's how wrestling has worked for the last 10 years. Ain't changing. It's like pinball inflation.

imBask

Banned
Judging from this thread, you guys barely ever get what you want.

when things are good, we say it, plus this thread is not a single entity. As I said the other day, NXT has been pretty consistently good and MOST people have been saying it, RAW doesn't get shit on because we're never happy, RAW gets shit on because it's shit most of the time

Sanjuro

when things are good, we say it, plus this thread is not a single entity. As I said the other day, NXT has been pretty consistently good and MOST people have been saying it, RAW doesn't get shit on because we're never happy, RAW gets shit on because it's shit most of the time

I get shit on because I don't know who Finn Baylor is. Dangerous crowd this NXT bunch is.

Sanjuro

There isn't even a Y in the Gaelic alphabet please spell his last name right and stop oppressing my people, its Finn Bálor!!!!!!!!!!!

If Vince really is stuck in the past, I greatly await this Finn the Tool-Man Baylor character! Gotta catch on to JTT fever.

Sanjuro

Nah, that's not why you got "shat" on. Your posts can be, not always, needlessly antagonistic even if there is a sensible inquiry underneath the verbiage. It comes off as flippant. Your response to last night's inquiry genuinely read like you were simply baiting someone into an argument.

Not at all. People flipped their shit because I don't know who this character is, and then didn't want to understand the argument that unveiling a niche character on a PPV isn't likely their first option.

Jericho worked because people know who he is, get the cheap pop, then go watch that show he is hosting.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Do not disagree with your point at all, sanjuro. I think there was an opportunity to express that more concisely early on.

On that note, what are some examples of superstars who made their debut at PPVs? Anyone?

KANE

Sanjuro

Do not disagree with your point at all, sanjuro. I think there was an opportunity to express that more concisely early on.

On that note, what are some examples of superstars who made their debut at PPVs? Anyone?

Big Show! Like I mentioned the other day, not having WCW around kind of hurts the PPV reveal.

IT'S TAZZ

Forgot about this. Not many people really knew who he was, but the limited exposure and venue worked great. He probably had the best lesser performer debut.

Top Bottom