• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

¡HarlequinPanic!;179533762 said:
I'm confused: so which street fighter fans are acceptable?

Hyper Fighting, I'd assume.

Or the weirdos who think that Rainbow Edition is the one true Street Fighter.

What's worse: Rusev is stuck in this God-forsaken feud with Ziggler for another month or that Cesaro really didn't have a match last night?

PVIu5ZK.png

latest

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just sticking (largely borked) versions of 3s characters in USIV doesn't cut it, damn it! They totally fucked up Elena. I'm just going to have to accept that Street Fighter will never again be as fluid and satisfying for me as 3s

they were lazy as fuck, just porting sfxt charas over. very lazy. it suffered.

Fox318

Ziggler needs to go back to Heel , but be billed and booked like HBK was during his early Heartbreak Kid run.

ehhh I like face Ziggler and the crowd for the most part likes him.

He's kinda in that ambrose spot in that the crowd always loves him but WWE never has a "story" for them.

miserable

Bootaaay, i was watching a couple of early 2000 NJPW matches randomly, and i saw a Kazuyuki Fujita match. i noticed his theme uses a version of Inoki's theme, what's up with that? and he came to the ring with the old IWGP belt, was that meant to be a homage to Inoki?

Street Fighter II Turbo Hyper Fighting is the correct answer.

I haven't watched any wrasslin' since Takeover, friends - how was NOC? Should I watch it, or just do absolutely anything else instead?

Bootaaay, i was watching a couple of early 2000 NJPW matches randomly, and i saw a Kazuyuki Fujita match. i noticed his theme uses a version of Inoki's theme, what's up with that? and he came to the ring with the old IWGP belt, was that meant to be a homage to Inoki?

Yeah, pretty much. Fujita was Inoki saying to everyone else in the locker room "this is what you should be, but aren't", he was Inoki's chosen one.

They could have such a great hoss division: Cesaro, Big E, Luke Harper, Rusev, Swagger, maybe even Barrett and Sheamus. You have the jobber hosses like Henry, Konnor, Viktor, Rowan, Braun, and Curtis Axel. Let them go and throw bombs at each other; at least their matches could feel a little different than the WWE heavyweight style.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
She plays great in 3s, she was my third main (behind Alex & Ibuki) and you can really throw people off-guard by chaining her unique strikes well. I pretty much love every character in 3s, got so used to playing with all of them.

Ibuki huh? Don't be such an asshole. How could you?

Urien and Q, that's all it is.

Don't get banned again, friend.

Kaladin said:
It's not even midnight where I live. Unacceptable.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Where were we last year at NOC and what's happened since?

1 Gold and Stardust defeated The Usos (Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso) (c) Tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship[18] 13:00

Goldust out, Stardust doing the best he can. Usos out.

2 Sheamus (c) defeated Cesaro Singles match for the WWE United States Championship[19] 13:06

LOL, Cesaro not even on the show

3 The Miz (with Damien Mizdow) defeated Dolph Ziggler (c) (with R-Ziggler) Singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship[20] 08:25

No Miz, no R-Truth, no Sandow...damn. Ziggler definitely in a better spot, even though he's poison.

4 Rusev (with Lana) defeated Mark Henry by submission Singles match[21] 07:20

Rusev in a worse spot, but he had higher highs. Henry absent. RIP.

5 Randy Orton defeated Chris Jericho Singles match[22] 16:23

Orton didn't even have a match. Fucking crazy.

6 AJ Lee defeated Paige (c) and Nikki Bella by submission Triple threat match for the WWE Divas Championship[23] 08:45

Nikki in a better place. Paige ain't shit.

7 John Cena defeated Brock Lesnar (c) (with Paul Heyman) by disqualification Singles match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship[24] 14:21

Oy vey.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The only really great match last year was the title match. Usos and Gold/Star Dust was ok. The rest of the card was disappointing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny who are your guys?

Who are your faves on the roster? Who do you root for?

Currently?

Ascension
Baron Corbin
Wyatts, all of em - especially Stroman
Ambrose, really enjoy him a lot now. Took some time.
New Day
Cesaro
Sasha Banks
Sina
Bo Dallas
Lesnar
Prime Time Players
Barrett
Mark Henry
Orton
Rusev
Rollins

I like a LOT of people on the roster. Faves out of those would still be Wyatts, PTP, Rusev.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've got a great storyline for the PTP. They get jealous of the new day holding their belts and stealing the show with a legacy act so they keep facing fake legendary teams, eventually building up to them bringing back the Hardys.

bjork

Back in my day we played Yie Ar Kung Fu because 2-player fighting games were trash like Karate Champ and Way of the Exploding Fist.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;179536735 said:
all y'all fighting game fans in here need to find killer instinct~

I agree. So many people wrote it off because the original KIs sucked (they did) or they don't want to like Microsoft, but it's fantastic.

To honor the attitude that would lead to The Man Called Sting taking bumps that a 50+ years old man shouldn't take, The A.V. Club has reviewed "Bart Carny" as part of its classic Simpsons episode by episode review.

You can’t outsmart carnival folk. They’re the cleverest folk in the world!

KingBroly

Banned
The fan run-ins on former Shield members has gotten a bit too...odd, you know? 4 incidents in about a month screams incompetency with their security team to a high degree.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Killer Instinct and Rare Replay are literally the only two BONE exclusives I care about. I think I can go without. Hell I still don't have a PS4, too busy playing Wii U and 3DS games with the occasional trip to Vita town. Money isn't the problem, time is.

That and a general hatred for paying to play online. Talk about a carny scam. I get most of my AAA games on PC every few years when I bother to upgrade. Right now I don't even have a PC that can run modern games...yet I'm not off put by it.

The fan run-ins on former Shield members has gotten a bit too...odd, you know? 4 incidents in about a month screams incompetency with their security team to a high degree.

And they tried to shoot Roman's descent down the stairs in close because of the obscene gestures of that fan (or, maybe he's just a big Shawn Michaels fan), but then they probably realized that shooting it close looked terrible. They went back to shooting it from a little further out, which opens the door to more obscene gestures.

KingBroly

Banned
Yeah, is it weird that these all seem to happen with the SHIELD guys?

Well the Briefcase guy was legitimately a guy on 4chan who posted about it. He might've been the first guy to do it, though. So maybe it gave them the idea. They didn't prosecute him at least. The others? You betcha. Still seems odd.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Killer Instinct and Rare Replay are literally the only two BONE exclusives I care about. I think I can go without. Hell I still don't have a PS4, too busy playing Wii U and 3DS games with the occasional trip to Vita town. Money isn't the problem, time is.

That and a general hatred for paying to play online. Talk about a carny scam. I get most of my AAA games on PC every few years when I bother to upgrade. Right now I don't even have a PC that can run modern games...yet I'm not off put by it.

There's still SO much coming out on PC that can run on dogshit PCs. With a PC you're never alone.

Sephzilla

Xbone is desperately hurting for some good notable exclusives. It's kind of sad that one of their most notable selling points are a collection of old Nintendo games.

Nekofrog

Banned
Since the Razor's Edge got brought up, I have to say that I think Razor/Scott Hall is kind of quietly pretty high up on my list of favorite wrestlers. I loved his finisher and the guy had a ton of natural charisma.

razor-ramon05.jpg

Dude was great. Even in the nWo he was like the only top guy who was still always willing to sell for and put over mid card up and coming guys because he loved the business. Meanwhile you got nash and hokogan who only really cared about themselves.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's still SO much coming out on PC that can run on dogshit PCs. With a PC you're never alone.

It's true. This integrated graphics card can run a ton of indie games. That being said something in me has got it in my head that PC's are for working now. That and goofing off on message boards. I play maybe three games a year on PC.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Xbone is desperately hurting for some good notable exclusives. It's kind of sad that one of their most notable selling points are a collection of old Nintendo games.

You kiddin pal? That's crazy talk. Tons of exclusive games. Make sure you play Sunset Overdrive in case you haven't. Amazing game.

Top Bottom