• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yet to have an open challenge vs Cena or work a main event feud, so yes it seems that way!

Just wait though, soon we'll have guys kicking out of shit on Superstars.

Ryder had his shot at the US title actually. It's a fun match though easily the least competitive of the entire Open challenge. Kane had the second worst outing.

klonere

Banned
I saw a lot of people clamoring for Bálor in that spot.

Yes, lets put our barely 6" indie darling that could conceivably carry the company someday straight into a feud with a 6"8 monster. Vince would love that! Honestly apart from The Rock, I can't think of someone viable and realistic in that position that isn't a disappointment.

bjork

Yeah I haven't seen a quarter of what HHH has done so I have no idea. I don't count the Warrior thing cos lolwarrior.

Wait wait wait. It's not Warrior's fault HHH is a bitch that couldn't defeat the power of destrucity. That totally counts. It also counts as ending his undefeated streak.

A finisher should be a finisher unless a dude is leaving the company or they're working an angle where he's injured or attacked while doing the move. Or in a WM main event, and even then, you limit it to once. Going back and seeing these UT matches at WM where it looks like a Mortal Kombat match is dumb as shit. Tombstone a dude, he's dead. Really simple.

Sanjuro

Can't believe they wasted a spot on Jericho. Then the ending to it was even more stupid. R Truth or anyone else on the roster would of been a better use.

Jericho was fine. Only other use I could have seen for the spot was someone else to feud with them, ending the Wyatt arc.

Sephzilla

I saw a lot of people clamoring for Bálor in that spot.

Yes, lets put our barely 6" indie darling that could conceivably carry the company someday straight into a feud with a 6"8 monster. Vince would love that! Honestly apart from The Rock, I can't think of someone viable and realistic in that position that isn't a disappointment.

The third man should have been Seth Rollins. The logic is just that Seth straight up said "fuck it, this PPV is now going to be Night of Rollins so I'm going to have a one night Shield reunion too, and fuck the Wyatts"

Fantomex

Since the Razor's Edge got brought up, I have to say that I think Razor/Scott Hall is kind of quietly pretty high up on my list of favorite wrestlers. I loved his finisher and the guy had a ton of natural charisma.

razor-ramon05.jpg

Razor is that dude that everyone can appreciate. He would sell, good mic skills, technically sound, and put people over. Top 5 for me.

HEY YO!

Sanjuro

The third man should have been Seth Rollins. The logic is just that Seth straight up said "fuck it, this PPV is now going to be Night of Rollins so I'm going to have a one night Shield reunion too, and fuck the Wyatts"

To be honest? I was kind of thinking this as well. I think Seth needs to flip his lid successfully more often.

Gonzalez

Banned
You know with a simple haircut, a wardrobe change, team him up with Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder, and Crow would make for a great modern Ole Anderson.

Bored earlier on, so I had a look at which promotion's are doing better in Korakuen Hall this year;

AVGQw7j.png

Promotions that only ran once aren't included, the only other notable omission being ZERO1 (as they don't announce their gates) but I'm guessing they're in the 800-1000 range on average. NJPW ran the most shows but only a few of them sold out, also the G1 Korakuen shows didn't sell out, which I'm attributing to NJ's return to running the last 3 nights of the G1 in Ryogoku. Dragon Gate sold out all but one of their 9 shows so far this year, but they only use a 1,850 fan set-up for Korakuen, where most promotions go for 2,100. Incidentally, smaller promotions generally won't use the bigger set-ups and usually go for 1,650. BJW had one super no-vacancy at those numbers, but that was the only show of theirs that reached that high. Joshi's not doing great at Korakuen, with the smaller Shinjuku FACE as a more regular venue for most women's promotions. AJPW's numbers are really low, but they've been focussing more on regional areas the other big promotions don't run in, so their Korakuen shows seem more about keeping them visible in Tokyo.

Ithil

Off the top of my head these are the most protected moves as of right now.

Red Arrow: Zero kick outs
Pedigree: Zero kick outs (I like to think it's being saved for Rollins to kick out of)
Sister Abigail: Cena kicked out once I think
Reigns Spear: Zero kick outs (maybe Brock did, idk)
Shellshock: Zero kick outs (Cena probably did during their feud but that was before my time)

That's all I can think of right now. I don't count Shows punch because fuck that noise.

Brock kicked out of two spears in a row.

Fantomex

Seth would benefit as a loose cannon that not even the Authority can control. Let him be a heel and face when it fits him. Shoot, they do it with everyone else on the roster.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dave says Sting may have a career threatening neck injury sustained off the buckle bomb.

I remember earlier in this very thread there were people arguing with me that this move was 'safe'
Seth would benefit as a loose cannon that not even the Authority can control. Let him be a heel and face when it fits him. Shoot, they do it with everyone else on the roster.

The last gimmick Seth Rollins needs is 'cool heel/tweener'

klonere

Banned

This woulda made no sense but I'd be fine with it hehe

Fox318

I remember earlier in this very thread there were people arguing with me that this move was 'safe'

I can't speak for the move being safe as I have never been in thr ring myself but why do the spot twice and why do it to somebody who is 56?

Would you do that spot if Hogan was wrestling today?

Sanjuro

I think doing a 180 on his previous arc would work.

Prior, he was getting bitched out for not being the man. Now after beating Sting, he should try and be the man too much, having them worried.

klonere

Banned
Brock kicked out of two spears in a row.

Christ, really? I thought it was just the ten thousand Superman punches that he didn't go down for.

Still WM main event and its Brock fucking Lesnar so that's more excusable than everything else that has gone down.

Reminder that they killed the Pop-up Powerbomb on Owens main roster debut.

WHY

Fox318

When Scott hall met the Dudley's for the first time he said :"That's a nice finisher you have, I can't wait to kick out of it".

Fantomex

In hindsight. If Sting was healthy after the match everyone would be giving him praise for taking all the moves. Age didn't matter, true performer. He get's hurt and it's, poor old sting, they should have removed the injury risk moves from the match. Kind of a no win.

Bret was right not to take that Diesel powerbomb. He knew what could happen hehe

Harper is amazing.

If only he wasn't stuck trying to keep the bearded hipster over.

Imagine Harper in the Kane role or as the muscle for HHH.

Dude can work with anyone on the roster and isn't bad on the mic.
Harper is one of my fave fives of the current roster. It's just a shame that they did nothing with him when he went solo. Suicide dives are so boring these days but I always liked his.

Fox318

just a reminder that the Rusev/Ziggler saga is still not resolved.

at this point I'm convinced that angle is to just waste time because they can't fill 3 hours of raw anymore.

They should just air the Cole interviews on raw to fill 30 minutes.

Fox318

Harper is one of my fave fives of the current roster. It's just a shame that they did nothing with him when he went solo. Suicide dives are so boring these days but I always liked his.

Best thing about Harper is all of his stuff looks real and he doesn't steal the spotlight from the babyface.

Harper could do all of these crazy moves if he wanted to but he bumps and performs in a way that doesn't make you go : "Oh man look at that sell" like Ziggler does.

klonere

Banned
at this point I'm convinced that angle is to just waste time because they can't fill 3 hours of raw anymore.

They should just air the Cole interviews on raw to fill 30 minutes.

Why this doesn't happen already is beyond me. All the Cole interviews are great, some are fantastic and some will get wrestlers over on their own.

Sephzilla

The Cole interviews plus that "WWE.com exclusive" shit could easily be on Raw and help the show not feel like it's crammed with bad filler content.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Best thing about Harper is all of his stuff looks real and he doesn't steal the spotlight from the babyface.

Harper could do all of these crazy moves if he wanted to but he bumps and performs in a way that doesn't make you go : "Oh man look at that sell" like Ziggler does.

Part of the reason why Ziggler and Harper look awful when they fight against each other, and this is coming from a fan of both of them.

Fantomex

Sting is gonna put Rollins over and say he doesn't need the authority. He then starts rebelling. The Authority have created a monster they can't control. Rollins helps Reigns and Ambrose with the Wyatts. Rollins becomes a face. Reigns uses some of that push to go for the title at Mania when Brock beats Rollins for the title.

Sephzilla

SF4 pretty clearly catered to SF2 fans so I'm not surprised that SF5 is catering to Alpha fans.

That... would have been great, actually.

I just wrote that as a spur of the moment comment, but I actually think Rollins / Ambrose / Reigns burying the hatchet for one match in order to resolve some unfinished business with the Wyatts would have been a neat twist.

espher

That... would have been great, actually.

Fox318

Part of the reason why Ziggler and Harper look awful when they fight against each other, and this is coming from a fan of both of them.

I thought their Ladder Match at TLC was fantastic last year.

In fact Harper took some scary and borderline crazy bumps.

I like Ziggler but he is the type that needs a belt to feud for and chase.

Vestal

I thought their Ladder Match at TLC was fantastic last year.

In fact Harper took some scary and borderline crazy bumps.

I like Ziggler but he is the type that needs a belt to feud for and chase.

Ziggler needs to go back to Heel , but be billed and booked like HBK was during his early Heartbreak Kid run.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They literally put my two favorite Alpha 3 characters in the game. I'm actually going to buy a PS4 a bit earlier than I scheduled to just because of it. They did mess up Karin's face pretty badly though.

Top Bottom